29th pick.. Eric stokes db

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were a couple plays this weekend that Stokes flashed what a lot of folks loved about him. That one crosser that he made up ground so quickly and separated the ball from receiver was awesome. One of the rare good moments in the autrocious loss.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just play him. I'd really rather not see much more of King. Gives a little peace of mind having him there for depth, but I really don't want to see him on the field.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just play him. I'd really rather not see much more of King. Gives a little peace of mind having him there for depth, but I really don't want to see him on the field.

He isn't ready yet for full time starting role opposite Jaire IMO. I'm a big fan...but not that big yet.

Paulson Adebo one of my favorite CBs in this last draft played amazingly well against us for the Saints...he is handling the big time well.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He isn't ready yet for full time starting role opposite Jaire IMO. I'm a big fan...but not that big yet.

Paulson Adebo one of my favorite CBs in this last draft played amazingly well against us for the Saints...he is handling the big time well.
What boths me is our WRs and DBs are better than theirs. Yet their passing game was better than ours.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What boths me is our WRs and DBs are better than theirs. Yet their passing game was better than ours.

Biggest issues I saw the entire game was their DBs were able to be assisted on passing plays greatly by the pressure their front four could create. Our front four was worthless all day.

The other issue was game plan and mood of the team. Flat team to me is 100% on the shoulders of coaches and leaders of the team.

Reaction score
Part of that was Sean Peyton. I don’t like him personally he kinda rubs me. I will however say I give him credit, unlike many a HC he got up 2-3 scores and then fully stepped on the gas pedal. I guess you can say he smelled blood and switched to full throttle. Throttle us he did. Those go routes weren’t by accident

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biggest issues I saw the entire game was their DBs were able to be assisted on passing plays greatly by the pressure their front four could create. Our front four was worthless all day.

The other issue was game plan and mood of the team. Flat team to me is 100% on the shoulders of coaches and leaders of the team.
I agree that they looked flat and unprepared but the Saints were just the opposite. Fans will try to come up with reasons why we lost but IMO the main reason we lost is because the Saints simply kicked our *****. I don't think it is in any way indicative of the type of play we will see going forward but sometimes games like this happen. I know some fans don't like to see it this way because they hate giving our opponents any credit but even though we played like crap we did not beat ourselves, the Saints flat out beat us.

I'm not saying that about you tyn, just that your post about us being flat made me think of it.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if it was the beers in my head or the tears in my eyes, but I apparently missed that.
It was a cry-worthy performance, with a few heavy sobs thrown in. I'm glad somebody noticed that somebody (Stokes) made some plays. I didn't see any, but like you, my eyes were clouded by tears.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Send King to Siberia. And King reminds me that we could have drafted TJ Watt and that sends me off the deep end.

Reaction score
I’d begin integrating Stokes. No way does he get burned face flopping on that deep pass. Stokes would’ve been stride for stride when that ball dropped. It’s possible that ball doesn’t even get thrown with Stokes deep. Stokes had at least 1 impressive pass breakup credited in limited snaps. Big disparity in a DB running low 4.3’s in pads and a 4.55 kinda guy like Kevin.
On a semi unrelated note. I’d be shopping to acquire an inside DL in trade just before deadline. Having more talent upfront on D will pay dividends. We can’t expect Slaton to become Suh overnight. We could not stop them for 1 yard pickups while 100% knowing they’d run it.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d begin integrating Stokes. No way does he get burned face flopping on that deep pass. Stokes would’ve been stride for stride when that ball dropped. It’s possible that ball doesn’t even get thrown with Stokes deep. Stokes had at least 1 impressive pass breakup credited in limited snaps.
On a semi unrelated note. I’d be shopping to acquire an inside DL in trade just before deadline. Having more talent upfront on D will pay dividends. We can’t expect Slaton to become Suh overnight. We could not stop them for 1 yard pickups while 100% knowing they’d run it.

I 100% agree on the DL. If this next game goes as lousy up front, and Heflin is inactive, third week we better daggnabbit activate him and see what happens - also seeking help through a trade 100% is needed.

Reaction score
I 100% agree on the DL. If this next game goes as lousy up front, and Heflin is inactive, third week we better daggnabbit activate him and see what happens - also seeking help through a trade 100% is needed.
I don’t expect perfection. A proven veteran presence at our weakest link could provide some thrust. I’m not sure if that’s perimeter CB or iDL. I’m not opposed to a trade deal at perimeter CB if DL can’t be found.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t expect perfection. A proven veteran presence at our weakest link could provide some thrust. I’m not sure if that’s perimeter CB or iDL. I’m not opposed to a trade deal at perimeter CB if DL can’t be found.

Sadly I think that shipped sailed with the contract we gave King. I don't disagree just predicting sadly.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d begin integrating Stokes. No way does he get burned face flopping on that deep pass. Stokes would’ve been stride for stride when that ball dropped. It’s possible that ball doesn’t even get thrown with Stokes deep. Stokes had at least 1 impressive pass breakup credited in limited snaps. Big disparity in a DB running low 4.3’s in pads and a 4.55 kinda guy like Kevin.
Yeah there just wasn't enough money to do anything with the DL. But I'm with you, trade for someone. Look for a team that needs a RB and has a few very good DLs. We're three-deep at RB. The last thing I wanna see is Kenny Clark burn out.

As far as Stokes, looks like he may be the real deal. Obviously need more time, but it doesn't take much to replace King and get Stokes some game reps.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, Stokes isn't ready BUT part of me thinks if you can get anything DL type in return from a team hungry for a CB due to injury or need I'd trade King even. His contract isn't terrible and he is a serviceable CB, but his time here has long expired in my opinion.

Reaction score
Sadly I think that shipped sailed with the contract we gave King. I don't disagree just predicting sadly.
idk. We’ve done more contract restructures just lately and last I saw we were carrying +$8mil. That’s enough to get help at the weakest link without spending it all.
Just my opinion. This is the time to press. Trade deadline helps because we’d only swallow a fraction of the player’s season salary.
This might be it for a couple years.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
idk. We’ve done more contract restructures just lately and last I saw we were carrying +$8mil. That’s enough to get help at the weakest link. Just my opinion. This is the time to press. Trade deadline helps because we’d only swallow a fraction of the player’s season salary.

I'm not saying it isn't fiscally possible, although I don't think we have that much space, I was merely saying I don't see it given everything which has transpired especially the signing of King with dead money beyond this season.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, Stokes isn't ready BUT part of me thinks if you can get anything DL type in return from a team hungry for a CB due to injury or need I'd trade King even. His contract isn't terrible and he is a serviceable CB, but his time here has long expired in my opinion.
I agree that Stokes needs more time. Most rookies do. I'd jump up and down if they could trade King for a decent DL. I just doubt that any team would go along. We can hope though!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Stokes needs more time. Most rookies do. I'd jump up and down if they could trade King for a decent DL. I just doubt that any team would go along. We can hope though!

If Hollman can pull a draft pick I’d be king could pull a veteran DL or a swing at a guy that isn’t working somewhere. I just don’t think GB has any desire to move King.

D

Deleted member 6794

I highly doubt another team would be interested in giving up a perimeter cornerback capable of starting for a contender. It's most likely way easier to get a runner stuffer on the defensive line during the season.

The Packers trading King results in an additional cap hit of approximately $2 million. Not gonna happen.

Members online

Latest posts