29th pick.. Eric stokes db

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I highly doubt another team would be interested in giving up a perimeter cornerback capable of starting for a contender. It's most likely way easier to get a runner stuffer on the defensive line during the season.

The Packers trading King results in an additional cap hit of approximately $2 million. Not gonna happen.

I believe I had said I don't think they will trade him nor want to multiple times - just expounding on hypotheticals is all.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Hollman can pull a draft pick I’d be king could pull a veteran DL or a swing at a guy that isn’t working somewhere. I just don’t think GB has any desire to move King.
Yeah and I don't get why they wouldn't want to move King. Fear of losing an often-injured corner? I know teams covet veteran corners, but even when he is on the field, the guy just can't play.

And if they play another game even half as bad as last Sunday, get rid of King (ideally for DL help) and throw Stokes in there. At least he has Alexander to mentor him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
where are they going to move him? The re-signed him as a stop gap basically. He has some value, he's also a big liability at times. DB's just like him available in FA that have some value, but lots of warts were going to cost just as much or more. They went with what they knew. I'd rather they had just went with a youth movement across the board, but then signing him gave them more options in the draft, so whatever. win some lose some. again, there wasn't a great alternative.

and getting rid of him now makes zero sense. we're not getting anybody better at this point other than thru some set of crazy circumstances and dumb luck and he's going to cost more money to get rid of than do nothing with.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
where are they going to move him? The re-signed him as a stop gap basically. He has some value, he's also a big liability at times. DB's just like him available in FA that have some value, but lots of warts were going to cost just as much or more. They went with what they knew. I'd rather they had just went with a youth movement across the board, but then signing him gave them more options in the draft, so whatever. win some lose some. again, there wasn't a great alternative.

and getting rid of him now makes zero sense. we're not getting anybody better at this point other than thru some set of crazy circumstances and dumb luck and he's going to cost more money to get rid of than do nothing with.
Good points. For good or bad, he's ours this year. It may not make much difference if the rest of the team doesn't wake up.

captainWIMM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe I had said I don't think they will trade him nor want to multiple times - just expounding on hypotheticals is all.

My point is that there's no chance of the Packers trading King as it would result in an additional cap hit of $2 million. As I don't expect any team to give up a player capable of helping the Packers for his services it would be smarter to have him inactive all season (not gonna happen either as the Packers don't have that many better cornerbacks, just trying to make my point about the chances of the team trading him).