2024 Draft Prospect Discussions

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we want WRs there think Hayden Hatten or Jordan Whittington are two of my late Day3s
If RB....such a tough position to predict but if any of the following are there I'd consider: Jaden Shirden and Jawhar Jordan are two I like late. If Tyrone Tracy finds his way to Day 3 he also is another.
You think Gore's kid drops that far?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at the value QBs bring in this league?! I say we start a QB school. Draft a bunch and develope then for the trade market. Nothing wrong with having good depth at the most important position either..... Keeps the competition level high....

Thoughts?

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at the value QBs bring in this league?! I say we start a QB school. Draft a bunch and develope then for the trade market. Nothing wrong with having good depth at the most important position either..... Keeps the competition level high....

Thoughts?
That's exactly what Wolf used to do, and Gutekunst has been very open that he intends to go back to that strategy now that we are in a position to use a draft pick that way most years.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
That's exactly what Wolf used to do, and Gutekunst has been very open that he intends to go back to that strategy now that we are in a position to use a draft pick that way most years.
Wolf's methodology doesn't work. Due to the CBA, you can't do the QB school like you used to. That, IMO, is why fewer late round QBs tend to develop into reliable players.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone hop aboard Tynimiller's Cooper Beebe express!

If we are drafting a RG of 2024, I have four which I beg, plead and pray it is and don't care who honestly:

Cooper Beebe, Christian Mahogany, Christian Haynes and Zak Zinter.

There are other guys that could easily start at RG for us but those are the pure guard types.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we are drafting a RG of 2024, I have four which I beg, plead and pray it is and don't care who honestly:

Cooper Beebe, Christian Mahogany, Christian Haynes and Zak Zinter.

There are other guys that could easily start at RG for us but those are the pure guard types.
I absolutely agree on this Tyni, and perfectly in that order too

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My very early priority list based on what is in the position rooms now:
Safety. I still don't see two solid starters there.
TE: Two is not enough just based on numbers and scheme.
iOL: Another EJ would be a nice find. I don't care when after day 1.
RB: We'll be overhauling the room next off season and will need at least one.
T: A stud would be nice but we have a good pair available if needed.
CB: They never seem to be great long enough. Always need one in the pipeline
I think this aged quite well...but we hadn't traded Douglas away so I have to think CB is now right there with Safety.

If I'm going to update it now...I'd think it'd be something like:
S
LB
CB

beyond this is depth additions..so where it most critical to add depth?
TE (Because I still think we should add another based on how much MLF and co utilized them.)
T
RB (If something happens to Jacobs...)
iOL (Which they draft tackles anyways...)
DL
Edge (It's hard for me to assess what we need at DL/Edge because of how Hafley will work the new defense...but at this point I'm not projecting a real need for starters or even depth until I know more)

edensmage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't post a new thread yet so I thought this might be the next best place for those of you who watch RAS scores closely. I've been building out my excel sheet and started analyzing RAS from past and current prospects. I found a few discrepancies in a sheet that gave me a good starting point for the data and I thought it would be important to bring to your attention.
The RAS is extremely sensitive and here is what I mean:
I was evaluating Josh Newton:
Here was his data as listed on the actual RAS website:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

However, I happen to catch that his 10-yrd split is listed at 1.55 on NFL - which I would have to assume is the accurate version. Feel free to advise if you feel otherwise.
So I created a custom RAS card with ONLY changing the 10-yrd split and this is what you get:

While this likely doesn't impact Gute's perspective, or ours of Newton specifically, this could definitely be enough of a score change for our data analysis. So just be aware if you are looking closing at a specific prospect's RAS. Make sure to verify his #'s and don't just take them right from the RAS website. I haven't seen many issues like this, but enough that it could affect some #'s as we evaluate.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Every year a top prospect does something stupid to hurt their draft stock... T'Vondre Sweat arrested for DWI last night.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240407_173551_ESPN.jpg
    Screenshot_20240407_173551_ESPN.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 13

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't mess wit Texas!

Disappointing but I didn't really have much interest in him with the new defense anyways. Unfortunate for him as a kid/player though.
Overall this could hurt the Pack. If other teams pass on him there could be 1 less guy to choose from at 41 or 58.

Reaction score
This was a Draft lineup I liked.
I made several smaller trade backs early because my ideal choices weren’t there. With each offer I asked for pick swaps later as a bonus and consolidated to move up earlier Day3 instead of multiple 7th. I left with all our original 2025 picks + 2025 Chicago 7th rounder. McMahon is listed as an OG, but I’m taking him for his experience at OC. He really lit up his stock at the Combine. He’ll need to beef up similar to young Bak, but he’ll have a year to do so.

Attachments

• PFN_Draft_result_1712541798140.png
    PFN_Draft_result_1712541798140.png
    191.9 KB · Views: 28
Reaction score
This is another method but doing the reverse early on with a Move-Up and going after Mims. I used several trades throughout to try to recoup some Capital lost in the initial selection. I not only got Mims, but I backed it up by grabbing Mason McCormick (#119) from the kickback of using #58 to get Mims.
Again McMahon is my Center project as I think he’ll be a Bonafide starter in 2025.
OT Javon Foster is an intriguing prospect with good versatility and a temporarily a solid depth player for now, with an outside chance of fighting for a Starting spot in 2025-2026. I was surprised to see him clear Round4 and couldn’t let him pass on by regardless of need.
Tyrone Tracy at RB is has a different skill set as a converted WR. He’s a cross between a smaller Ty Montgomery and reminds me also of a little smaller version of a modern day James Starks. While he might not have the College production, I think he’s a Bonafide top 150 athlete that’s flying a little under radar.

Edefuan is someone with great power, but needs refinement. I do see him shining at ST and can absolutely eat up some of Wilson’s snaps if Eric is counted on with more snaps at LB

Murphy is a placemarker for Enagbare. He’s on the smaller side for a 4-3 End, so he’s really a 3-4 Edge but with adequate overall power and near/elite upper body drive (25 reps at 6’2.4X249lb) ) He’s been used in multiple capacities positionally, but his calling card is disruption as notated by 16 TFL on 38 Tackles. That’s almost unheard of 42% TFL rate in 2023 along with posting 8 Sacks. They can say he had short arms all they want but if that’s what short arms get me order me some Please!

Last edited:

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Cooper DeJean had his Pro Day today. Here are some measureables.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240408_153232_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240408_153232_X.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 21

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Here's the complete list of DeJean's measureables from his Pro Day...The only thing he didn't do was the shuttles. It's reported that the Packers were in attendance, as was expected.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240409_070013_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240409_070013_Chrome.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
He may have just rassed himself to be gone before pick 25.
I’d agree and say the odds are 60% Dejean is gone before our selection. DeJean’s versatility combined with his elite athletic profile should elevate him some. I hope not, but it should.

I also find myself gravitating to Chop Robinson when he makes it to #25 area. Chop just has a disruptive feel about him. The mere fact that they keeping comparing Chop to a Green version of Micah Parsons sends a strong signal. Give him a year and he’s going to flourish.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts