2023 Draft Talk

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's a scrub to me. But hey if you like him, cool. I hope he's just a camp arm that we don't waste a roster spot on...
Lol your hoping that our QB pick invested QB doesn’t make the roster when we literally have no decent back up…. Must be a bears fan

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve got a workmate that follows Penn State closely. He’s running around here telling everyone that Love can pack his bags an go home this kid from Penn State will beat him out. What’s funny is my coworker is normally quiet and mundane. It’s like he took Speed when he heard me say the Packers selected him! :laugh:

He’s making phone calls. :roflmao:
That's funny

But yeah I wanted DTR or Malik Cunningham as a late round QB prospect to kick the tires on... Clifford is underwhelming at best but I am not seeing a Kirk Cousins ascension out of him so not gonna get too worked up about the pick IIWII...

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't remember the numbers, but there have been a record # of QB's selected to this point. Have to guess that the Packers wanted a QB, makes sense. Clifford was the next highest on their board and they didn't want to lose him.

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol your hoping that our QB pick invested QB doesn’t make the roster when we literally have no decent back up…. Must be a bears fan
No-Sean Clifford just doesn't impress as a football player. He has no trait to make me interested in him as a pro. I would have actually been more accepting of us reaching in the 4th for Aidan O'Connell than drafting Clifford-dude is an UDFA IMHO. But I don't get paid to make those choices so like I said IIWII...

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
We got him-what's your take on his potential?

Don't read more into this than what I'm saying, but as prospects Wicks and Davante Adams are very similar. Athletically, they're close. They have many of the same strengths and weaknesses. Now Adams' development was a best case scenario-- there's very little chance that Wicks could do that. And his drop issues could wash him out entirely. But I think it's reasonable that he could become a WR4 who is ready to give you quality snaps on occasion.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Don't read more into this than what I'm saying, but as prospects Wicks and Davante Adams are very similar. Athletically, they're close. They have many of the same strengths and weaknesses. Now Adams' development was a best case scenario-- there's very little chance that Wicks could do that. And his drop issues could wash him out entirely. But I think it's reasonable that he could become a WR4 who is ready to give you quality snaps on occasion.

J'Mon Moore is also a very close athletic comp, so there's your downside! Lol.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol how so? Everyone that doesn’t subscribe to ignorance knew a QB picked Day 3 was a very logical approach. Etling has been in the league for how long and never threw a pass yet?

Tune was my guy but I understand the tools of Clifford and the fact the organization clearly liked him. He had ample arm strength, a moxy fighter with his legs….could be that Minshew level reserve guy you hope we never need to test behind love but high upside incase we do.
I just don’t see it with him. The upside is not there. His decision making and accuracy were awful in 2021 and improved slightly in 2022. Don’t think he would’ve been drafted if it wasn’t for us. I feel like Hall or McKee have higher upside, but what the hell do I know lol

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last player I really wanted went to the Dolphins

So basically for these next 5 Green Bay picks I'm just hoping they're not scrubs

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The last player I really wanted went to the Dolphins

So basically for these next 5 Green Bay picks I'm just hoping they're not scrubs

Higgins was announced as a TE. Probably were not going to select their 3rd guy.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
One thing about Clifford that I have read/heard several times today is that he is a good game manager. Which is pretty much what you want in your backup. You want a guy that can step in, if Love goes down and be comfortable. His big knock is his inconsistency. I guess that is why he was the 11th QB taken in this draft. Potential, but needs to become more consistent.

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deguara is an H/Lead Blocker.
Technically while an F TE is different than an H-back there can be enough overlaps to warrant letting Higgins take over those responsibilities

It doesn't matter anyways-Miami got him and MLF is prolly gonna try to finally feature Deguara as his version of the 49ers' Juice lol...

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Technically while an F TE is different than an H-back there can be enough overlaps to warrant letting Higgins take over those responsibilities

It doesn't matter anyways-Miami got him and MLF is prolly gonna try to finally feature Deguara as his version of the 49ers' Juice lol...

That only works if the play actually has lead blocking skills.

pizzle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lead blocking isn't about mauling. It's about being able to locate assignments, engage, and occupy/seal.

He has those skills.
Was never a fan of Deguara/don't see him as a valuable part of the offense

Is there a possibility that could change this season-yes for obvious reasons

My point was that Higgins would have been a more valuable TE than Deguara on our roster if we would have drafted him-we didn't so IIWII...

Members online

Latest posts