2023 Draft Talk

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I figured I better open this thread up to give Tyni some soon to be needed workspace.:)

Appears the Packers will get just 1 compensatory pick in 2023, a 5th rounder due to the loss and signing of MVS. Thank you Bears!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute should immediately trade our 6th Round pick to NYG, San Fran, or Minn for their (2) 7th rounders to capitalize on multiple, cheap(er) pre-UDFA picks. ;) Along with our 2 that would give him 4 shots in the 7th!

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Gute should immediately trade our 6th Round pick to NYG, San Fran, or Minn for their (2) 7th rounders to capitalize on multiple, cheap(er) pre-UDFA picks. ;) Along with our 2 that would give him 4 shots in the 7th!
Heck, if he plays his cards right, he could have all the available 7th round picks and no other picks. Now THAT is getting a head start on all those UDFA's! :coffee:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figured I better open this thread up to give Tyni some soon to be needed workspace.:)

Appears the Packers will get just 1 compensatory pick in 2023, a 5th rounder due to the loss and signing of MVS. Thank you Bears!

Not sure I like the idea of getting draft picks for losing coaches and coordinators.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure I like the idea of getting draft picks for losing coaches and coordinators.
That is a reward system to clubs for losing minority coaches or administrators who become head coaches or GM's. Encouraging teams to promote minorities high enough in their system to achieve that status.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a reward system to clubs for losing minority coaches or administrators who become head coaches or GM's. Encouraging teams to promote minorities high enough in their system to achieve that status.
I know, I still don't know if I like it.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not gonna lie I love a couple 2023 prospects already…not doing any hard board building till half way through college season.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
A lot can change in a year of football and another offseason, but as I look at the roster right now, I think that tight end and safety will be spots of considerable interest.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot can change in a year of football and another offseason, but as I look at the roster right now, I think that tight end and safety will be spots of considerable interest.

1,000 percent and a keen full eye must fall upon the Jaire situation. That could put CB squarely an option as well.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
That's really not a bad idea if you can find a taker. It's looking to be increasingly difficult for a late 6th rounder to make our 53 man roster in 23 after the large 11 man draft haul in 22.

Reaction score
That's really not a bad idea if you can find a taker. It's looking to be increasingly difficult for a late 6th rounder to make our 53 man roster in 23 after the large 11 man draft haul in 22.
Yeah I forgot it was 11 selections after all the trades.
So I’m thinking we see a couple of those Day 3’s on PS and a couple active as ST upgrades. Also a few players that started last year will get pushed to ST because of competition, such as Barnes and maybe a lineman or two.

I guess what I’m saying is we should see some extra focus on ST. Thankfully there are 16 spots on PS and some loosening of status rules.
With all the injury and Covid protocols the league should really think about going 18 on PS (plus maybe not applying PS salary under the teams Cap etc.. )

Happy Mothers Day! Y’all my brothers from another Motha

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A 5th round pick for MVS? Isn't that where he was drafted? Anyway, that seems fair.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heck, if he plays his cards right, he could have all the available 7th round picks and no other picks. Now THAT is getting a head start on all those UDFA's! :coffee:
Good response Poker. Who needs a first rounder when you can lock up the entire 7th round?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. The good coaches provide consistency year-to-year. I think that in some areas, like OL. that's been a real strength.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We ended up with 10 picks after the trade for Watson.
Nope.
  • Round 1, Pick No. 22: Quay Walker, LB, Georgia
  • Round 1, Pick No. 28: Devonte Wyatt, DT, Georgia
  • Round 2, Pick No. 34: Christian Watson, WR, South Dakota State
  • Round 3, Pick No. 92: Sean Rhyan, OT, UCLA
  • Round 4, Pick No. 132: Romeo Doubs, WR, Nevada
  • Round 4, Pick No. 140: Zach Tom, C, Wake Forest
  • Round 5, Pick No. 179: Kingsley Enagbare, EDGE, South Carolina
  • Round 7, Pick No. 228: Tariq Carpenter, LB, Georgia Tech
  • Round 7, Pick No. 234: Jonathan Ford, DT, Miami
  • Round 7, Pick No. 249: Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn State
  • Round 7, Pick No. 258: Samori Toure, WR, Nebraska

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just saw that the average age of 2022 draftees was 24.11 yrs. old. The previous 4 years' drafts had an average age of 23.06-23.11, so the '22 draft class averaged an entire year older. Glancing at a few of the 2023 big boards it appears that many of the top-40 players are Jr's or Redshirt-Jr's, and that the Seniors and Redshirt-Seniors are listed in the 40-200 range.

Guessing that the covid-bump will affect 2023 Draft and that the average age will be 23.5-24 yrs old, and then "normal" returns in 2024 with mostly younger guys?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Forecasting 2023 draft needs, right now I see:

Safety, TE, Edge, RB, CB

That said, if a youngster rises during the course of this season? that could push that need down some. (E.g. Khylin Hill rebounds strong or Enagbare turns into a young Kyler Fackrell type riser)

Members online

Latest posts