2022 Free Agents/Cuts/Players of Interest to Talk About

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Love and a 1st for Metcalf would be plausible

Although I'm weary how much Metcalf wants annually....
Eeesh........ not plausible at all in my mind. I think that would be a horrible trade from the Packers perspective

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just realized Brian Bulaga is a Free Agent. He hardly played last year with the Chargers. Played 2 quarters on opening day and suffered a core injury that required surgery. He started practicing in Nov. and didn't see the field again.

Here is a guy that knows the Packers offense, QB and some of the guys on the OL, he has got to be worth a look if he isn't asking much.
I have to disagree. There's a good reason he is not there - injuries have put him in a spot for spot duty. Dennis Kelly may get a reup methinks.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I have to disagree. There's a good reason he is not there - injuries have put him in a spot for spot duty. Dennis Kelly may get a reup methinks.
I can think of 10.7 million reasons Bulaga is no longer a Charger. Unless his body is shot and he retires, someone will pay him a low salary and get a solid RT for as long as he can stay healthy.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can think of 10.7 million reasons Bulaga is no longer a Charger. Unless his body is shot and he retires, someone will pay him a low salary and get a solid RT for as long as he can stay healthy.
therein lies the issue w Bulaga. Cannot stay on the field - but u r correct, as soon as a team loses a starting RT in the middle of the season he will get a phone call if they are in playoff position.

D

Deleted member 6794

That was a typo was supposed to say give us love and a first round

Lol zero clue how I missed that and typed it

Good, for a moment I truly believed you lost your mind :roflmao: I'm not sure the Seahawks would agree to a trade like that but it seems way more reasonable.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It sounds like the Seahawks aren't even entertaining trade talks about Metcalf. Not that we haven't heard this before and I think they said the same thing about Russell Wilson before trading him.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds like the Seahawks aren't even entertaining trade talks about Metcalf. Not that we haven't heard this before and I think they said the same thing about Russell Wilson before trading him.

Don't believe anything that comes out of Pete Carroll's mouth and consequently the Seahawks organization.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm still peaking in at Will Fuller and wonder if the Packers have any interest. It was rumored in 2020 that the Packers were trying to swing a trade for him, so not sure if they might still be interested, if the price is right. His final year in Houston, he only played 11 games and put up pretty decent stats (53 catches, 879 yds, 8 TD's).

Sounds like people are down on him due to his injury history or his missing games due to a PED suspension. Both are true, but much like Watkins, his injuries aren't ones that really give me a lot of concern. If they can get him for the same price as Watkins, I think besides drafting a WR in the 1st round and mid rounds, they would be set for 2022. Fuller would be what MVS was to the offense, but I think better.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still peaking in at Will Fuller and wonder if the Packers have any interest. It was rumored in 2020 that the Packers were trying to swing a trade for him, so not sure if they might still be interested, if the price is right. His final year in Houston, he only played 11 games and put up pretty decent stats (53 catches, 879 yds, 8 TD's).

Sounds like people are down on him due to his injury history or his missing games due to a PED suspension. Both are true, but much like Watkins, his injuries aren't ones that really give me a lot of concern. If they can get him for the same price as Watkins, I think besides drafting a WR in the 1st round and mid rounds, they would be set for 2022. Fuller would be what MVS was to the offense, but I think better.

I don't think Fuller iz the way to go. He injured his finger (broken) fairly early in the season and didn't play the rest of the year.

I thought he could've easily returned especially when Miami was making a playoff push.

However, Miami (stupidly) gave him a fully guaranteed 1 yr contract.

Put it all together and there is some issues a brewing.

Either red flags for Fuller or the ineptitude of the Miami Dolphins.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't think Fuller iz the way to go. He injured his finger (broken) fairly early in the season and didn't play the rest of the year.

I thought he could've easily returned especially when Miami was making a playoff push.

However, Miami (stupidly) gave him a fully guaranteed 1 yr contract.

Put it all together and there is some issues a brewing.

Either red flags for Fuller or the ineptitude of the Miami Dolphins.
All things the Packers should vet. I read 2 short articles concerning his broken finger and all I found was that it was multiple broken bones and he had a setback in his recovery, so they shut him down for the season. So for me, it is tough to make a valid conclusion about the situation. Some players can play with a broken finger, but multiple broken bones I assume involved surgery. A WR trying to play with that injury is probably different than a lineman or linebacker.

I can see where his injury history could make some shy away from him, but at the right price, I can also see where a team might think he's worth the risk.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even Jeff Janis played after surgery with a cast on his broken hand.

I'm not sure what his injury was, and maybe it was best, but lesser receivers have had significant injuries and found a way to make it back. The PED suspension with the rest makes me nervous.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm mostly worried about the personal issue Fuller missed time because of. While I don't have any evidence for it I guess that had something to do with the Dolphins shutting him down for the season with a broken finger.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The longer it goes the more I like the chances of calling up Kyle Rudolph for a one year deal here in GB. Yes Tyler Davis showed sparks late last year, and Deguara finally showed some of that promise but no one knows how Bobby is gonna be back now and TE is that one position group an added veteran could be deadly!!!

We don’t need a miracle signing but this would be awesome.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The longer it goes the more I like the chances of calling up Kyle Rudolph for a one year deal here in GB. Yes Tyler Davis showed sparks late last year, and Deguara finally showed some of that promise but no one knows how Bobby is gonna be back now and TE is that one position group an added veteran could be deadly!!!

Was really hoping for one in the draft and was kind of surprised we didn't trade up in the mid rounds to get one. I thought Chig would have been an excellent fit and would have immediately challenged Deguara. I really can't believe some of the teams that took one. For instance, Arizona and Denver. Russ doesn't use tight ends all that much so Dulcich seemed like a weird pick and Arizona already has Ertz under contract and a plethora of weapons so spending the draft capital on McBride seemed like overkill.

Still watching Kolar, Likely, Chig, Otton, and Bellinger go in the forth was tough. Especially since tight ends take some time to develop and Big Dawg isn't here forever.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I like the idea of Kyle Rudolph too if he is available
He would just take away snaps from Deguara, Davis, Dafney & Mack. When Tonyan is ready he'll command the majority of snaps. IMHO, the other guys can handle the duties until then.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He would just take away snaps from Deguara, Davis, Dafney & Mack. When Tonyan is ready he'll command the majority of snaps. IMHO, the other guys can handle the duties until then.

He would take snaps from Davis and Mack but that is the point. Deguara and Dafney play entirely different role.

Just like Krys Barnes had been a sufficient starter for us and even the communication helmet for us the last two years….Quay Walker draft was a way to upgrade that position group same way you do with a TE veteran signing of the same sort.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As well as Big Dog. The Packers have 6 TE's on the roster. I thought they might draft one or sign an UDFA, but by doing neither, it leads me to believe they like the ones they have. I'm hoping Deguara is ready to breakout.

Of course one might wonder if they were satisfied with their current group, why were they in talks with the Raiders about trading for Waller. So there is that. :)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As well as Big Dog. The Packers have 6 TE's on the roster. I thought they might draft one or sign an UDFA, but by doing neither, it leads me to believe they like the ones they have. I'm hoping Deguara is ready to breakout.

Of course one might wonder if they were satisfied with their current group, why were they in talks with the Raiders about trading for Waller. So there is that. :)
Might be the te available didnt interest them

Waller does?

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see TE as probably the only real weakness on the team

The WR talent I feel confident MLF will make it work in his scheme they just gotta learn the playbook

Talk about a potentially dominant D and adding great OL depth lol...

I don't really see many weaknesses

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't see the need to sign Rudolph as both Deguara and Lewis put up similar numbers as him last season.

Well, Waller is one of the best tight ends in the league and when healthy is able to put up elite numbers for a receiver. I guess that's why the Packers were interested in trading for him.

I see TE as probably the only real weakness on the team

The WR talent I feel confident MLF will make it work in his scheme they just gotta learn the playbook

I vehemently disagree that the wide receiver position has been adequately addressed so far.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I vehemently disagree that the wide receiver position has been adequately addressed so far.
Would be interesting to see if TY Hilton would be interested in one more year, think he'd be cheaper than Julio Jones. Both would need to have a healthy per-game bonus attached to a modest base salary otherwise would be too rich for GB.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
While I agree that the Packers might be lacking a #1 WR, I have to wonder if they traded for or signed a FA in hopes of filling that role, who eventually gets cut? The current depth chart looks something like this:

1. Watkins
2. Lazard
3. Cobb
4. Watson
5. Rodgers
6. Doubs
7. Toure

"The Rest"

I expect that the Packers will carry 6 WR's, 7 is pushing it if they keep 4 TE's. Toure could be a PS cut and sign, but I doubt Doubs or Rodgers makes it to the PS if cut. Injuries could eliminate a player. Watkins and/or Cobb could become cut casualties if the young guys all play well in preseason.

I guess while the need for a guy like Julio or Hilton is still there, the logistics of it just got a bit more complicated.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess while the need for a guy like Julio or Hilton is still there, the logistics of it just got a bit more complicated.
Good point, that there's a roster issue if we add another vet. Maybe "trial by fire" in TC and some well-placed AR scowls will snap this group of young guys into shape? Maybe we'll see 2RB's with 50 targets, 3 TE's with 50 each and 5 WR's with 60 targets each in '22? I know, wishful thinking... ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Good point, that there's a roster issue if we add another vet. Maybe "trial by fire" in TC and some well-placed AR scowls will snap this group of young guys into shape? Maybe we'll see 2RB's with 50 targets, 3 TE's with 50 each and 5 WR's with 60 targets each in '22? I know, wishful thinking... ;)
I just posted it in his thread, but the more I read about and watch Toure, the more I like. I think he could be the steal of the 7th round.

Members online

Latest posts