2022 Free Agents/Cuts/Players of Interest to Talk About

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Didn't Green Bay?

Maybe another team will...only time will tell...
Not until he actually has enough NFL game film, good game film, that might entice another team to take that kind of chance. Is he worth a 5th rounder right now? Probably, but I wouldn't trade away the Packers #2 QB for that. Especially given the fact that doing so would make Kurt Bankert their #2.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not until he actually has enough NFL game film, good game film, that might entice another team to take that kind of chance. Is he worth a 5th rounder right now? Probably, but I wouldn't trade away the Packers #2 QB for that. Especially given the fact that doing so would make Kurt Bankert their #2.

I easily think Gute could have gotten a Third Rounder for Love this year from someone. Issue is he may very well be worth more, or less - no one knows, however this is why many GMs and scouting departments scout every position, it isn't always for the draft but the future and then add to it with updates.

Love for a 3rd is a relatively cheap low risk, potentially high reward. Gute however if I had to bet, won't move Love for less than a conditional 2nd rounder or would want a 1st in order to move off of a guy they traded up for. At the worst it is clear Love to the organization has potential as a starter, and is a cheap back up.

Now of course discussions and things can happen to change perhaps Gute's position of course...like what if Seattle said give us Love and a first - and we will give you #72 and Metcalf. That's a rather solid switch in all honesty given the current issues before us and push with Rodgers we are in to quickly push back with a no.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
if Seattle said give us Love and and we will give you #72 and Metcalf.
Gute should be on the last train to nowhere, if he didn't take that.

Obviously, unless.........the Packers coaches and front office are 100% convinced that Love is a FHOF QB just biding his time.

Seattle of all the teams already know what paying/trading for an unknown QB from Green Bay is all about. They gave Matt Flynn a ton of money in 2012, basically based on his monster game against the Lions. That didn't work out so well for the Seahawks, but Flynn will be forever grateful for $20.5 million, with $9 million guaranteed contract they gave him.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude you are crazy, he has been an excellent NFL tight end nearly his entire career what have you been watching??

He is a veteran of course but lol to imply he hasn’t been a solid NFL TE is crazy talk.

I like the idea of signing Kyle Rudolph.

I'm sure he's lost some athleticism, but he has great hands and a huge catch radius.

The way he was restricted in Minnesota was almost criminal. He deserved more catches and was usually relegated to blocker especially during the Adrian Petersen era.

Next, he takes a backseat to Thielen and later Jefferson when he joins.

The year with the Giants was just a time void.

If Tonyan recovers without any setbacks, then the TE group would be solid; along with Deguara in the fold.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I doubt Antonio Brown plays again. I just heard a podcast that said he is waiting on getting his ankle fixed via surgery, until a team signs him. LOL Right Antonio! A team is going to sign you, not knowing how that surgery is going to go or how you will be after it. Not to mention they will probably have to pick up the tab for you to have the surgery.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously, unless.........the Packers coaches and front office are 100% convinced that Love is a FHOF QB just biding his time.

Convinced on his potential?

Or reluctant to admit they made a mistake?

Getting a 1st round pick for Love may be little unrealistic, but I think a team will inquire about Love pre-Draft and during the draft as well.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

I would say both. Fans trying to do either, might be a bit underinformed to do so. It would be one thing if we fans and other teams had a lot of game film to look at Love, but we don't. Since there really isn't much to go off of, it would be the Packers job to do a really good sell job to another team, if they wanted to try and trade him. If the Packers are still thinking he has a lot of potential, I would guess they hang on to him.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I easily think Gute could have gotten a Third Rounder for Love this year from someone. Issue is he may very well be worth more, or less - no one knows, however this is why many GMs and scouting departments scout every position, it isn't always for the draft but the future and then add to it with updates.

Love for a 3rd is a relatively cheap low risk, potentially high reward. Gute however if I had to bet, won't move Love for less than a conditional 2nd rounder or would want a 1st in order to move off of a guy they traded up for. At the worst it is clear Love to the organization has potential as a starter, and is a cheap back up.

Now of course discussions and things can happen to change perhaps Gute's position of course...like what if Seattle said give us Love and and we will give you #72 and Metcalf. That's a rather solid switch in all honesty given the current issues before us and push with Rodgers we are in to quickly push back with a no.
imo they should not move him at all. It seems like people are (don't know about you specifically) just not happy unless pieces are being moved. Even when not necessary.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
imo they should not move him at all. It seems like people are (don't know about you specifically) just not happy unless pieces are being moved. Even when not necessary.
You're not moving. You're using draft capital to fill a void with a known commodity rather than a draft prospect. I'm not arguing what is the right call, because there is no way to know on unknown futures. It is all a gamble whenever you decide to trade picks or use picks.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Agreed. I think some are wanting Love out of Green Bay so they can finally say "told you so, what a terrible pick!"

If they can't get much for him, if he is capable, he is a good choice for a #2 and if he has more room for growth, who knows how long #12 wants/will play for.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the idea of signing Kyle Rudolph.

I'm sure he's lost some athleticism, but he has great hands and a huge catch radius.

The way he was restricted in Minnesota was almost criminal. He deserved more catches and was usually relegated to blocker especially during the Adrian Petersen era.

Next, he takes a backseat to Thielen and later Jefferson when he joins.

The year with the Giants was just a time void.

If Tonyan recovers without any setbacks, then the TE group would be solid; along with Deguara in the fold.
Apparently Gronk still haven't decided if he wants to play in 2022.
Maybe we should make a call to his agent and give him few million reasons over couple of years to see what he says.

I know he is Tom's buddy however once you have accomished many great things at a very high level for a very long time the change of scenery and playing for a new team may be the only thing left that will light a fire under you and keep you motivated to play a little longer, which is most likely at least 1 of the reasons AR was contemplating leaving GB for.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Apparently Gronk still haven't decided if he wants to play in 2022.
Maybe we should make a call to his agent and give him few million reasons over couple of years to see what he says.

I know he is Tom's buddy however once you have accomished many great things at a very high level for a very long time the change of scenery and playing for a new team may be the only thing left that will light a fire under you and keep you motivated to play a little longer, which is most likely at least 1 of the reasons AR was contemplating leaving GB for.
Not that he couldn't change his mind, but I remember seeing something recently that Gronk said that if he plays in 2022, it will only be for the Bucs.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute should be on the last train to nowhere, if he didn't take that.

Seattle of all the teams already know what paying/trading for an unknown QB from Green Bay is all about. They gave Matt Flynn a ton of money in 2012, basically based on his monster game against the Lions. That didn't work out so well for the Seahawks, but Flynn will be forever grateful for $20.5 million, with $9 million guaranteed contract they gave him.
absolute brilliance for Flynn..he sheathed the hags big time..clipboard holder for that cabbage is almost British worthy..:mad:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Getting a 1st round pick for Love may be little unrealistic, but I think a team will inquire about Love pre-Draft and during the draft as well.
A 1st rounder would b burglary..lol. Maybe we could get a 1st rounder for Crosby too?

D

Deleted member 6794

Now of course discussions and things can happen to change perhaps Gute's position of course...like what if Seattle said give us Love and and we will give you #72 and Metcalf. That's a rather solid switch in all honesty given the current issues before us and push with Rodgers we are in to quickly push back with a no.

Why on earth should the Seahawks trade an elite, 24-year old wide receiver for a backup quarterback who has struggled in limited playing time AND add a draft pick on top of it as well??? As long as Schneider hasn't completely lost his mind that trade is one of the most implausible suggestions I have seen in a long time.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why on earth should the Seahawks trade an elite, 24-year old wide receiver for a backup quarterback who has struggled in limited playing time AND add a draft pick on top of it as well??? As long as Schneider hasn't completely lost his mind that trade is one of the most implausible suggestions I have seen in a long time.
That was a typo was supposed to say give us love and a first round

Lol zero clue how I missed that and typed it

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a typo was supposed to say give us love and a first round

Lol zero clue how I missed that and typed it
Love and a 1st for Metcalf would be plausible

Although I'm weary how much Metcalf wants annually....

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I just realized Brian Bulaga is a Free Agent. He hardly played last year with the Chargers. Played 2 quarters on opening day and suffered a core injury that required surgery. He started practicing in Nov. and didn't see the field again.

Here is a guy that knows the Packers offense, QB and some of the guys on the OL, he has got to be worth a look if he isn't asking much.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just realized Brian Bulaga is a Free Agent. He hardly played last year with the Chargers. Played 2 quarters on opening day and suffered a core injury that required surgery. He started practicing in Nov. and didn't see the field again.

Here is a guy that knows the Packers offense, QB and some of the guys on the OL, he has got to be worth a look if he isn't asking much.
Emergency back up looking to "come home" at the end of his career...could be cool.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Emergency back up looking to "come home" at the end of his career...could be cool.
I don't even know if I would say emergency or backup and I guess it would all depend on his health. Only playing 45 snaps in the first game last year and only 10 games the year before, had to help his body heal a bit.

Was a good release by Gute back in the day. Bulaga ended up making almost $20M in 2 years of work for the Chargers. He only played in 11 games over those 2 seasons.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What an evil prank to play on their QB's, but funny.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bulage is a great guy and very good...but ALWAYS injured. Actually, that's partially why he "fell" to us when we picked him lol.

Would love to have him back as a backup/fill in/rotational guy

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'll be one of those guys that signs in season for a team that needs help and he's comfortable playing with. I'd imagine GB is on his list of potentials. I doubt we bring him on board any time soon. Likely get thru most of training camp and maybe even past final cuts to sign someone like that.

Members online

Latest posts