2022 Draft #34 Christian Watson

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is that Lindsay Wagner? Damn kids. I will say it on here first...Christian Paddlehandson! I can already see AR12 finger pointing at the wrong routes and throwing 3 consecutive balls away. lol

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, wouldn't it be much better for Rodgers to keep it to himself if Watson runs the wrong routes and just throw the ball to the location the rookie wide receiver is expected to be at (resulting in interceptions) instead of telling it to his face??? :rolleyes:
A lot of people on here, including me at times, have been critical of Rodgers' behavior when a WR messes up - wrong route, drop, whatever - gets the Rodgers' stare or cursing out.

But how else are these guys, especially the rookies, going to know what to do if they're not told? We learn from our mistakes, or we should. And when you're playing with a guy like Rodgers, whom is devoted to mistake-free football, the criticism is gonna be harsh and fast. Wrong routes should be easily corrected. Learn the language of the Packers and signal calls. Dropped balls are different. Watson dropped balls in college against much weaker competition. He's gonna have to spend a lot of time on this in camp. I don't really know how a coach teaches a WR how to catch, but I'm sure they have ideas.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I prefer seeing Rodgers talking to the players, either right after the play or on the sidelines and if you attend a game, you see that he usually does. Nothing wrong with that IMO and I assume that is what he mostly does. What we see on TV is just the eye rolls or Aaron shaking his head. Maybe that was the end of it and he let it fester without talking to the player, but I kind of think Networks like to just show the parts that make it look like "news and controversy", especially when it comes to a player like Rodgers.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I prefer seeing Rodgers talking to the players, either right after the play or on the sidelines and if you attend a game, you see that he usually does. Nothing wrong with that IMO and I assume that is what he mostly does. What we see on TV is just the eye rolls or Aaron shaking his head. Maybe that was the end of it and he let it fester without talking to the player, but I kind of think Networks like to just show the parts that make it look like "news and controversy", especially when it comes to a player like Rodgers.

There is emotional triggered responses to moments and then there is handling a moment/situation. I always draw the comparison of in the second following a mistake Rodgers and Cutler respond nearly identical...it is the moments after or minutes later revisiting and reconstructing what occurred we don't get on film a ton. That is where the two QBs are dramatically different.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers reads more of, "why is that still happening" " what was he thinking" "why did they do that"

Cutler's always read "I don't give a ****"

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers reads more of, "why is that still happening" " what was he thinking" "why did they do that"

Cutler's always read "I don't give a ****"

I disagree. Cutler immediate response was pissed, frustrated or more flippant. It was the fact he then would just simply go pout, not instruct, not discuss.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
it is the moments after or minutes later revisiting and reconstructing what occurred we don't get on film a ton
Without turning this into another A-Rod thread, just have to say. We definitely don't get the big picture for sure, of any player. I fully admit to the fact that I base my opinions of Rodgers and other players, solely on the very limited information that I have access to. Rodgers has just become the media punching bag the last few years, so we "hear" more about him. However, we don't hear about what is said in the huddles, on the bench or in private. I may not agree with some of the choices that players make, but they are just as human as you and I. Make mistakes, do the wrong things and as long as they learn through making those mistakes, hard to be too critical of them.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree. Cutler immediate response was pissed, frustrated or more flippant. It was the fact he then would just simply go pout, not instruct, not discuss.
Yeah Cutler was a talented athlete, just ****ing lazy.

Although over his last years with Da Bears he could have been the Packers' MVP. C'mon Jay, toss another pic 6, and another, and another..... Thanks Jay. Great job.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without turning this into another A-Rod thread, just have to say. We definitely don't get the big picture for sure, of any player. I fully admit to the fact that I base my opinions of Rodgers and other players, solely on the very limited information that I have access to. Rodgers has just become the media punching bag the last few years, so we "hear" more about him. However, we don't hear about what is said in the huddles, on the bench or in private. I may not agree with some of the choices that players make, but they are just as human as you and I. Make mistakes, do the wrong things and as long as they learn through making those mistakes, hard to be too critical of them.
I agree. And Rodgers is at that point in his career where he has little to prove, short of another SB win. And it's human nature that someone that talented is eventually gonna let it go to his head. So he's got a big ego. So did Favre. Keep winning and I don't care.

But damn another Lombardi Trophy sure would be nice........

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Cutler was a talented athlete, just ****ing lazy.

Although over his last years with Da Bears he could have been the Packers' MVP. C'mon Jay, toss another pic 6, and another, and another..... Thanks Jay. Great job.

I am not speaking to either QB's ability or career, purely the precise second following a mistake and then the moments following it or following the drive.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have no problem with a stare or a few words or anything of that like after a player does something stupid. Like you said we don't know the whole story. Maybe the players has been told several times "you have to do this" and the guy does the wrong thing again. In that case I can completely understand a few harsh words in the heat of the moment. I'd be willing to bet that any conversation between coaches and players or between players once things have cooled down, and the cameras aren't rolling so we don't see it, are much more of the civil discussions we all say we would like to see.

In most cases I'd also be willing to bet the WRs would be the first to tell you "Aaron is right, I screwed up. I need to do better"

Reaction score
Is that Lindsay Wagner? Damn kids. I will say it on here first...Christian Paddlehandson! I can already see AR12 finger pointing at the wrong routes and throwing 3 consecutive balls away. lol
Funny. I started watching old reruns of Rockford Files and one of his earliest clients Season 1, was a young (and beautiful) budding actress by the name of Lindsay Wagner. She hired Jim to find out who killed her Father.
Sorry about that distraction..
Carry on.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem with a stare or a few words or anything of that like after a player does something stupid. Like you said we don't know the whole story. Maybe the players has been told several times "you have to do this" and the guy does the wrong thing again. In that case I can completely understand a few harsh words in the heat of the moment. I'd be willing to bet that any conversation between coaches and players or between players once things have cooled down, and the cameras aren't rolling so we don't see it, are much more of the civil discussions we all say we would like to see.

In most cases I'd also be willing to bet the WRs would be the first to tell you "Aaron is right, I screwed up. I need to do better"
Yeah it's no different than for any working stiff. We've probably all been chewed out a few times. In the heat of a drive in a tight game, it's easy to get pissed over a route run incorrectly. And Rodgers makes so few miscues, it's easier for him to lay down the law. You also have to be constructive with guys. Tell em how they ****** up, and how to correct - what signal they may have missed, or blink of ARod's eye, or a shimmy of his ***, I don't know. I've seen replays where they purport to show these signs, but I'll be damned if I can see him.

And hey, ARod ****s up too. He overthrows guys mostly, based on what I've seen. Better to put something extra on a ball and eliminate an INT risk.

His relationship with Nelson and Adams was so good, just a sideways glance would be enough to call a play. It's beyond me man.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny. I started watching old reruns of Rockford Files and one of his earliest clients Season 1, was a young (and beautiful) budding actress by the name of Lindsay Wagner. She hired Jim to find out who killed her Father.
Sorry about that distraction..
Carry on.
That's Jimbo to us that know him best. I knew his dad Rocky quite well back in the day.

Reaction score
That's Jimbo to us that know him best. I knew his dad Rocky quite well back in the day.
Great stuff. I remember the originals as a kid, loved that Rockford backwards spin move with his Camaro. It’s still good watching it today I found a free season on an app

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great stuff. I remember the originals as a kid, loved that Rockford backwards spin move with his Camaro. It’s still good watching it today I found a free season on an app
I did that move a few times one night after we had a party for my parents anniversary. I what I didn't know, or maybe I just forgot, was that they had put several roaster pans full of leftovers in the trunk along with some of the gifts and the cards. Lots of ham juice and baked bean covered Hallmarks hit the trash the next morning. Not to mention my cousin and I scrapping and washing congealed and partially frozen ham juice and bean crud out of the trunk.

And no,. I was not talented to do that move on dry pavement. It was early March in an empty, snow covered, church parking lot.

Reaction score
I did that move a few times one night after we had a party for my parents anniversary. I what I didn't know, or maybe I just forgot, was that they had put several roaster pans full of leftovers in the trunk along with some of the gifts and the cards. Lots of ham juice and baked bean covered Hallmarks hit the trash the next morning. Not to mention my cousin and I scrapping and washing congealed and partially frozen ham juice and bean crud out of the trunk.

And no,. I was not talented to do that move on dry pavement. It was early March in an empty, snow covered, church parking lot.
That’s hilarious thank you for sharing that. You know. There was a day back in college when I would’ve gotten a spoon and eaten it out of the trunk. I’m the leftover king! Ask my Mom. I obviously didn’t make Christian Watson $$$ :)

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a guy that I will be tempted to watch on every play if the camera angle allows it. I just want to see how he moves, how he blocks, what kind of patterns he runs. Well at least until I think I have a bit of a feel about him. He sure has amazing physical attributes.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His physical attributes will be where he leans for a bit IMO

It’s like Stokes last year if you watch him and his coverages it was clear early he was relying a ton on his insane speed to make up for footwork and hips.

As weeks went by you started seeing less and less of a reliance but it merely being a blessing for a CB that by years end to me looked like a second year CB not a rookie.

Watsons missing time might have already slowed down his maturation I thought might take a season anyways…I hope I’m wrong

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Watsons missing time might have already slowed down his maturation I thought might take a season anyways…I hope I’m wrong
I'm not expecting all that much from the 2 rookie WR's in year 1, mainly because I don't think they will get a ton of opportunities. If I had to bet, right now, on which one ends the year with more playing time, it might be Daubs. Of course, with the 3 vets ahead of them (Lazard, Watkins and Cobb), an injury might change the amount of playing time either of them see.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not expecting all that much from the 2 rookie WR's in year 1, mainly because I don't think they will get a ton of opportunities. If I had to bet, right now, on which one ends the year with more playing time, it might be Daubs. Of course, with the 3 vets ahead of them (Lazard, Watkins and Cobb), an injury might change the amount of playing time either of them see.

I expect minimum them to combine for similar yardage and such as MVS did his rookie season....especially because odds are not in favor of Cobb and Watkins seeing full seasons.

For memory MVS rookie season stats:

38 Receptions - 581 yards - 2 TDs

Honestly I think they'll do more.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For memory MVS rookie season stats:

38 Receptions - 581 yards - 2 TDs

Honestly I think they'll do more.
i remember how excited i was about mvs after his first season and expecting him to get much better. sadly he never really did. i seriously can't understand why the chiefs would pay so much for a guy who catches less than 50% of the balls thrown to him.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i remember how excited i was about mvs after his first season and expecting him to get much better. sadly he never really did. i seriously can't understand why the chiefs would pay so much for a guy who catches less than 50% of the balls thrown to him.

I'm sorry but strongly disagree that MVS never got better.

Not saying I think he was worth the contract he got, but absolutely not true that he didn't get better.

Members online

Latest posts