2022 Draft #34 Christian Watson

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the raw but freak athlete from the FCS is joining the Packers…

While Watson is raw from the FCS and struggled with drops, his ceiling is for sure through the roof…

Attachments

• 295D974E-4B27-4069-A417-9BFDCCCFC177.jpeg
    295D974E-4B27-4069-A417-9BFDCCCFC177.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 132

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He’s the WR I hoped we’d get all along. Hate to trade in the division but getting him after our 2 D picks yesterday has awesome potential.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An exciting pick. Gonna go to you tube and check him out again.

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More veraitile than MVS. He can return and he's willing to block. Needs to work on his hands but many do. MVS had a lot of drops until 2021-2022 when he improved. I like his over the top size. I'm glad they traded up for him.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy cost 2 # 2s. MVS was a 5th rounder. Sorry this was not one of Gutes better moments.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Him and MVS are two different WRs. Cmon ‍♂️
Triple guy compared him to MVS. Pointing out what he liked better about Watkins. My point was a 2nd round pick that you traded up for should not be compared to a 5th rounder. By your response I assume you agree.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Triple guy compared him to MVS. Pointing out what he liked better about Watkins. My point was a 2nd round pick that you traded up for should not be compared to a 5th rounder. By your response I assume you agree.
Probably shouldn’t ever compare a 1st round QB to Tom Brady, huh? I mean, who would want to compare a first round pick to a 6th round pick? That would be crazy.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Packers finally do what they have to in order to finally get a pretty good WR, with a high ceiling and people are complaining? :confused:

Was hoping to find some positivity in a thread about the first WR drafted by the Packers in the first 2 rounds since 2014.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watson has elite athleticism beyond just raw speed. Can he play football at an elite level to match his athleticism? That's the question. The Packers drafted either the next star receiver or picked up another Jeff Janis. Fair to say Watson is so raw, he will likely will have a bigger impact returning kicks than catching passes until he learns the nuances of running routes. I don't see him as the type of rookie receiver that makes an immediate impact and goes over 1000 yards like a J. Chase.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we want to get even more excited about this kid, I've read several articles now that compare him to Randy Moss if he hits his peak. I don't know about you, but that has me pretty excited for his potential.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IIRC his RAS is something like the 11th-highest of any WR since '87.

NFL also does some "grades" on various qualities for prospects and he was given a 99 "Athleticism" grade. That's higher than any WR in the entire draft this year - no other WR was graded above a 90. Last year there was only one WR given that same 99 "athleticism" rating - JaMarr Chase.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The trade up was an overpay, but Gutekunst said that they were going to do whatever they needed to in order to make sure they didn’t get sniped.

The rest of the round kind of vindicated him— the vertical speed guys went really fast (Thornton at #50??).

As for the player, he gives them the vertical element they really needed. He needs to catch the ball more consistently.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect the Packers had a much higher grade on Watson than any other WR left in the draft and they were not willing to see if they could pay less later in the round.

At the end of the day all that matters is whether Watson turns into an excellent receiver. The tools are there that it would not be shocking if he turned into the best, or one of best, receivers in this draft.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
If we want to get even more excited about this kid, I've read several articles now that compare him to Randy Moss if he hits his peak. I don't know about you, but that has me pretty excited for his potential.
I hope he has a better head on his shoulders than Moss.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This was the video that I watched a few weeks ago that swayed me on Watson. I know these vids are usually just hype vids of a players good plays, but the person who put this together went further with it.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope he has a better head on his shoulders than Moss.

Hes reputed to be an excellent locker room guy, team first type, with a superb work ethic.

I think hes too much of a project at the top of the second. FCS and small school players tend to have longer development cycles given the steeper adjusment both in schematic complexity and game speed. But i for one hope he turns out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts