2022 Draft #34 Christian Watson

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I was happy to see MLF talking about watching old tape on Davante Adams and how it made him realize just how far Davante came from his rookie season. Coaches and fans are going to need to keep their expectations of this WR group in check, especially the rookies. As many have pointed out, I think between the WR's, TE's and RB's the Packers passing game is going to be a "get it done by committee" game in and game out. Rodgers and MLF will be forced to balance the play calling and targets to include several players. One game Lazard might go over 100 yards, the next game Cobb, then Watson, then.....go with the hot hand and keep the defenses guessing.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, my expectations are as follows for the rookies:

Toure - he will do well and have struggles in pre-season and camp, but in the end he will earn a PS spot and realistically I'd love to see him never have to take a game snap in the season.

Watson/Doubs - I don't realistically expect either to come out and go nuts...but I do believe together they produce 50 receptions or more, 1,000 yards or more and half dozen TDs. Both will struggle and at times shine - the dream scenario is by regular seasons' end at least one has started hitting their stride and he and Rodgers seem to be on same page a lot, making a dangerous addition to the weapons for the playoff push.

I've got a case of Leinies coming if Toure makes the 53 so I'm pulling for them to keep 7 ;)

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got a case of Leinies coming if Toure makes the 53 so I'm pulling for them to keep 7 ;)
LOL Honestly the dude has produced at every level and when he stepped into Division 1 big boy play at Nebraska betting on himself from Montana you couldn't ask him to do anything more in a WEAK college offense he excelled and produced. Don't bet against him, I just ain't betting too much on him. :)

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was happy to see MLF talking about watching old tape on Davante Adams and how it made him realize just how far Davante came from his rookie season. Coaches and fans are going to need to keep their expectations of this WR group in check, especially the rookies. As many have pointed out, I think between the WR's, TE's and RB's the Packers passing game is going to be a "get it done by committee" game in and game out. Rodgers and MLF will be forced to balance the play calling and targets to include several players. One game Lazard might go over 100 yards, the next game Cobb, then Watson, then.....go with the hot hand and keep the defenses guessing.
The Bill Belichek system. Week to week he just picks on the other teams weaknesses.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly, my expectations are as follows for the rookies:

Toure - he will do well and have struggles in pre-season and camp, but in the end he will earn a PS spot and realistically I'd love to see him never have to take a game snap in the season.

Watson/Doubs - I don't realistically expect either to come out and go nuts...but I do believe together they produce 50 receptions or more, 1,000 yards or more and half dozen TDs. Both will struggle and at times shine - the dream scenario is by regular seasons' end at least one has started hitting their stride and he and Rodgers seem to be on same page a lot, making a dangerous addition to the weapons for the playoff push.
I have my expectations for them hinging on Watkins' availability each game, Amari's growth, and Rodgers' dependence on Lazard and Cobb as his security blankets. If he goes to them 1st always like he did DA17, the rookies aren't going to impress. If any of them were wise, they'd request jersey 17 and hope Aaron forgets that it isn't Adams wearing it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
LOL Honestly the dude has produced at every level and when he stepped into Division 1 big boy play at Nebraska betting on himself from Montana you couldn't ask him to do anything more in a WEAK college offense he excelled and produced. Don't bet against him, I just ain't betting too much on him. :)
My sentiment as well, but I was a bit surprised to see that Nebraska's offense wasn't nearly as bad as their record would make you think it was. They were 5th in the BIG10 and 27th in the Nation for passing yds/game. Their defense wasn't that bad either, so no clue why they finished at 3-9.

That said, I think what Toure did in just one year of being on the Nebraska team was pretty impressive.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got nothing on the bet. After the draft a co worker said "a WR from Nebraska? why would you do that" then he proceeded to give me his stats from there. After I went home and looked him up and saw that his stats from Montana I asked my co worker if he had seen them or if he was going on his stats from Nebraska and he said yeah he was very good there but if he makes the team I'll buy you that case of Leinies which was in the conversation from a totally unrelated subject.

He's a 7th round pick. The odds are against him for sure but in all honestly for him making the team the bar ain't really all that high.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got nothing on the bet. After the draft a co worker said "a WR from Nebraska? why would you do that" then he proceeded to give me his stats from there. After I went home and looked him up and saw that his stats from the year before I asked my co worker if he had seen them or if he was going on his stats from Nebraska and he said yeah he was very good there but if he makes the team I'll buy you that case of Leinies which was in the conversation from a totally unrelated subject.

He's a 7th round pick. The odds are against him for sure but in all honestly for him making the team the bar ain't really all that high.

If Watkins or Cobb or any of them get hurt before rosters getting set his odds will shoot very high!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I've got nothing on the bet. After the draft a co worker said "a WR from Nebraska? why would you do that" then he proceeded to give me his stats from there. After I went home and looked him up and saw that his stats from Montana I asked my co worker if he had seen them or if he was going on his stats from Nebraska and he said yeah he was very good there but if he makes the team I'll buy you that case of Leinies which was in the conversation from a totally unrelated subject.

I would say the odds are stacked against you, if you are forced to drink a case of Leinies :coffee:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I always thought you were rather intelligent but its ignore for you from now on. There is no reasoning with someone like you.
I think I puked on Linies and Miller Light one too many times in college. I like IPA's and an occasional Stout.

Reaction score
Plus look at his predecessor under the same Nebraska QB, Adrian Martinez paired with a young WanDale Robinson.

Toure comes in as successor to WanDale Robinson going to Kentucky (as Martinez is warming up in his 3rd season) and Seniore Samorie about doubled young grasshopper WanDale production. Much of that doubling of QB production came from Toure ripping the heads off Defenses with 19.5 per catch.

We now know that while WanDale was young, he was not some slouchy poo. WanDale just wasn’t in the right system, but Samorie had zero problems capitalizing in Nebraska. Imagine Samorie if HE had went to Kentucky!

We’d have Wan’Dale and the Giants would have Toure! :tup: ok ok I’ll stop

PS. When the Moon hits your eye like a Vic-Toure pie…. That’s Sa…Mouriee! (Singing With an Italian accent) :whistling:

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I puked on Linies and Miller Light one too many times in college. I like IPA's and an occasional Stout.

I've puked on Leinies a few times but I'm pretty sure it was the quantity involved and not the quality. Miller lite? it only takes one. That's definitely the quality.

Besides its my familial obligation to drink Leinies. I was born and raised in Chippewa Falls and have had 4 relatives working at the brewery at one time or another. My family used to go camping almost every weekend with a group of extended family members. Aunts uncles and cousins. We always had a keg of Leinies because one of my uncles worked there. My dad would send me to fill his glass and I would always ask if I could drink the foam and he would usually say yes. That's when I learned pouring straight down the middle was the best technique for me. Eventually it was time for me to head off to bed and as I walked to our camper I still vividly recall that first buzz, the feeling of clarity you get when the buzz first hits (as opposed to the full on fog that hits as the drunk sets in) and the bit of uncertainty in my steps. I don't think anyone else noticed and while I don't recall having that feeling for a long time after that I do remember that one. I was probably 12 or 13 at the time.

IMO the worst thing to hit the beer industry is the IPA craze. I hate them and unless you go to a big store its impossible to find a good porter or stout.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't expect a whole lot out of any of the 3 rookie WR's in year 1.

The Packers desperately need at least one of the rookie receivers to have a significant impact though.

I have my expectations for them hinging on Watkins' availability each game, Amari's growth, and Rodgers' dependence on Lazard and Cobb as his security blankets. If he goes to them 1st always like he did DA17, the rookies aren't going to impress.

I highly doubt Rodgers will depend on either Lazard or Cobb as much as he did with Adams as neither of them is even close to being as talented.

My sentiment as well, but I was a bit surprised to see that Nebraska's offense wasn't nearly as bad as their record would make you think it was. They were 5th in the BIG10 and 27th in the Nation for passing yds/game. Their defense wasn't that bad either, so no clue why they finished at 3-9.

The Cornhuskers didn't lose a single game by more than nine points last season. Despite finishing 3-9 they finished with a points differential of plus 63.

Just for the record, Toure had a great season with Montana in 2019 but his stats in '17 and '18 were rather pedestrian.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Packers desperately need at least one of the rookie receivers to have a significant impact though.
Unfortunately, I think you are correct in that the Packers may have put themselves into a position that might require a rookie WR to have a significant impact. However, as I said, I don't expect it, nor should they rely on it. Which is why I think they should still upgrade their receiving room in some fashion, be it a vet TE or WR. I do expect more out of Watson than we saw out of Amari last season though. Possibly Doubs adds a few hundred yards and Amari plays better as well. Basically, this is going to be a collective group, that has to all perform at an average level. I doubt we see any single players eclipse 1000 yards. Even if they add a vet TE or WR, I wouldn't expect a big year out of them either.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see it as a rookie having to put forth a significant impact season...however I will say I feel we will need one of the "non-expectant" WRs from Watson, Doubs and Amari to have "impact games" for us I believe. That may not mean 100 yards or so many catches but those impact plays will need to be provided by someone not named Jones/Dillon/Cobb/Lazard at times...which they are our four horseman if you will, Tonyan could become a fifth but no one knows yet.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see it as a rookie having to put forth a significant impact season...however I will say I feel we will need one of the "non-expectant" WRs from Watson, Doubs and Amari to have "impact games" for us I believe. That may not mean 100 yards or so many catches but those impact plays will need to be provided by someone not named Jones/Dillon/Cobb/Lazard at times...which they are our four horseman if you will, Tonyan could become a fifth but no one knows yet.
You right. And I think all of our guys will step it up now that they no longer live under the shadow of Adam's.

And Rodgers will have to spread the ball around which is another great positive since it will make it harder for opposing D#ns to deal with.

I'm exited about our team.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You right. And I think all of our guys will step it up now that they no longer live under the shadow of Adam's.

And Rodgers will have to spread the ball around which is another great positive since it will make it harder for opposing D#ns to deal with.

I'm exited about our team.

I am as well, but I do expect a game or two especially in the first 6-8 weeks we will struggle through the air, it may even cost us a game or be a large part in a Loss I should say. However, I do think Aaron is even more freaking amazing when he is tasked with the challenge others don't think he can produce (record without Adams showcases this). Our roster isn't that amazing to be confident but I do believe our QB and our head coach are that freaking amazing.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am as well, but I do expect a game or two especially in the first 6-8 weeks we will struggle through the air, it may even cost us a game or be a large part in a Loss I should say. However, I do think Aaron is even more freaking amazing when he is tasked with the challenge others don't think he can produce (record without Adams showcases this). Our roster isn't that amazing to be confident but I do believe our QB and our head coach are that freaking amazing.
Out D# is good enough to keep us in games the first 5-6 games until the O gels and clearly D# and ST will also get better as the season progressise.

It's going to be an exiting season either way.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out D# is good enough to keep us in games the first 5-6 games until the O gels and clearly D# and ST will also get better as the season progressise.

It's going to be an exiting season either way.
I should have said our receiving roster, not just our roster. I actually think outside WR/TE this is one of the most complete teams in my short lifetime (36 years) we have had.

Latest posts