2022/2023 Off-season News/Rumors/Updates

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Salary Cap announced it seems:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Exactly, he is about to get paid!! Some receivers under contract are not going to be happy. Everyone will be forgetting about Christian Kirk when we see mediocre players making 20 million a year.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, he is about to get paid!! Some receivers under contract are not going to be happy. Everyone will be forgetting about Christian Kirk when we see mediocre players making 20 million a year.

What?? Who is he? No person is addressed in this post, can you explain more?

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What?? Who is he? No person is addressed in this post, can you explain more?
Meaning that with the cap raise Lazard just might see a contract in the 15-17 a year range. This post was about Lazard so I thought “he” would be obvious.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meaning that with the cap raise Lazard just might see a contract in the 15-17 a year range. This post was about Lazard so I thought “he” would be obvious
Thanks for clarifying.

I follow you now, but this post was not about Lazard, this thread is about 2022/2023 Off-Season News/Rumors as the title said. I think my post got confused with the Lazard discussion which was occurring.

The Salary Cap post I figured here was the best spot thread wise as it for sure is offseason news, the estimators were pretty dang close though to the predicted amount so it seems this doesn't change nearly anything really from a money perspective sadly.

Reaction score

There’s our void monies back. The 16.4mil voided dollars just got covered by the $16.6m increase. How did they know that? This had to be coincidence or Russ is brilliant

Reaction score
$16.6m increase is spread across an entire Roster!
If they give that solely to Allen Lazard?? I will round up Uncle Eddie and kidnap someone in the front Office until they rip up the contract on National TV and then make an apology to the fan base Christmas Morning while in their Pajamas.

D

Deleted member 6794

Depending on which one of Over The Cap or Spotrac you prefer to believe the Packers would currently be between $16.5 million and $17.5 million over the cap entering the new league year.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depending on which one of Over The Cap or Spotrac you prefer to believe the Packers would currently be between $16.5 million and $17.5 million over the cap entering the new league year.

Yup! I also don't think it is coincidence that our "dead money" in voided contracts equals nearly the growth in cap - I see that as a nod of "running it back" was a direction we left as an option.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meaning that with the cap raise Lazard just might see a contract in the 15-17 a year range. This post was about Lazard so I thought “he” would be obvious.
You'll learn that one never can rely on the topic (or anything else, for that matter) as a basis for not fully explaining YOUR post. :)

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You'll learn that one never can rely on the topic (or anything else, for that matter) as a basis for not fully explaining YOUR post. :)

The issue was the thread was not a Lazard thread just under it a Lazard discussion was occurring. It makes sense now where he was coming from, but initially I was like wait what?

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say one thing IF 2023 is the year without Aaron - if the just massive mishandling of timeouts continues I want MLF drug through the ringer for it. I've long assumed it is both Rodgers and MLF...but this could at minimum bring clarity to the discussion if Love is under center and it continues or not.

Todd Princl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll say one thing IF 2023 is the year without Aaron - if the just massive mishandling of timeouts continues I want MLF drug through the ringer for it. I've long assumed it is both Rodgers and MLF...but this could at minimum bring clarity to the discussion if Love is under center and it continues or not.

That was always a big pet peeve of mine. You look at the playoff teams having all their timeouts with 3 minutes left in the game. We would be down to 1 at that point.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Non Packer related but Evero hired as Panthers DC.

Gray as we know was lost to Atlanta.

Bisaccia interviewed for the Colts HC position but hopefully won't be lost.

Haven't been keeping track of how many interviews Joe Barry has had this offseason.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pasted from a Adam Schefter post:

A resolution: Instead of being released, as some suggested he could be, Aaron Jones will be staying in Green Bay this season after the Packers and his agents, Drew Rosenaus and Ryan Matha, reached agreement today on an $11 million salary for the 2023 season that includes an $8.52 million signing bonus.

Jones still will have two years remaining on his contract with the Packers, but this year has been adjusted. Including this season, Jones now will have made $31 million since 2021, the most for any running back other than Christian McCaffrey.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keeping Jones through a restructure personally I think was going to happen regardless if Rodgers is back or not - so I don't take this as a signal or hint at anything else. It's good news however in GB, as long as Jones is healthy he is still our best back we have had in a LONG time and is a diverse weapon that Love even would be helped a lot by if it is his time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts