2020 Watchlist

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Be nice to see how he comes back from the ACL first.

He may return to school and reinstate his draft stock. Or . . . Go into the NFL now and not risk another injury.

He's going to the league, and he's most likely going first round.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jalen Reagor out of TCU. He's got great speed & shiftiness - the type of WR that can turn a 12 yard catch into a long TD.

Unfortunately i think he may get snagged late 1st round

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jalen Reagor out of TCU. He's got great speed & shiftiness - the type of WR that can turn a 12 yard catch into a long TD.

Unfortunately i think he may get snagged late 1st round

I've got a 3rd Round Grade on Reagor. The dig on him is he knows absolutely nothing about route running, they just tell him to go out there and outrun the defender, which will work in the Big 12, but probably wouldn't work in say the SEC or ACC. He'd be excellent as a Punt Returner however but I think he'd be a long term project before he becomes a major contributor.

Meet Donovan Peoples-Jones; he's 6'2 so he kinda fits Gute's mold. He ran a 4.42 40 yard dash as a HS Senior, which is definitely what Gute is looking for. He currently has 86 punt returns to his name, averaging a hair under 8.0 yards per return with 2 TDs. Peoples-Jones to me looks like a guy who'll probably have a better pro career than college, as QB play at Michigan has been terrible since....well a LONG time. His combine is going to raise his Draft stock probably from Day 3 to late Day 2, especially if he plays in a All-Star game and shows out. For now though, he's a sleeper.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tommy Kraemer from ND is a Guard with the swing to Tackle abilities....versatile and rumor from the area is GB scouts have been actively watching him more than most (live in SB area...but take that with grain of salt).

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got a 3rd Round Grade on Reagor. The dig on him is he knows absolutely nothing about route running, they just tell him to go out there and outrun the defender, which will work in the Big 12, but probably wouldn't work in say the SEC or ACC. He'd be excellent as a Punt Returner however but I think he'd be a long term project before he becomes a major contributor.

Meet Donovan Peoples-Jones; he's 6'2 so he kinda fits Gute's mold. He ran a 4.42 40 yard dash as a HS Senior, which is definitely what Gute is looking for. He currently has 86 punt returns to his name, averaging a hair under 8.0 yards per return with 2 TDs. Peoples-Jones to me looks like a guy who'll probably have a better pro career than college, as QB play at Michigan has been terrible since....well a LONG time. His combine is going to raise his Draft stock probably from Day 3 to late Day 2, especially if he plays in a All-Star game and shows out. For now though, he's a sleeper.

I'm a ND fan, so trust me this is no biasness showing through but I've been a big PJ fan for a long time. You hit the nail on the head about his QB play has been less than stellar, not to mention he has constantly rec'd the most defensive game planning receiver wise while there. Just look up some of the DB's he's had to go up against constantly...and yet has a very respectable showing.

His return abilities to me are not the home run type, but the sure thing type, which I sense GB appreciates more. Give me a smart returner sure to judge well and has good ball control with just enough speed to hit a seam and find 20 or 30 yards efficiently.

I 100% even as a Notre Dame fan feel if he is sitting there late 2nd round I would applaud the pick unless we go WR in the first round of course....even then would be happy but not ecstatic about selection usage.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch Jacob Phillips (LB) & Patrick Queen from LSU.Both overshadowed by Deion Jones and Devin White. Queen plays much faster than Phillips but sometimes he can be lazy ending plays not following through. Both are just a little slower than their predecessors but just as physical, I just love how these LSU linebackers play. They make a decision and commit to it, willing to take and shed blocks. Keep an eye on Jacob Phillips and Patrick Queen.

I don't understand the hype around Bama's Dylan Moses (LB). He looks hesitant at times and waits for the blocker to get to him. Maybe im missing something...?

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marvin Wilson, DL - Florida State

He's a DT in the Seminoles 4-3 scheme but he's 6'5, 311 lbs and I believe could make an easy transition to being a 3-4 DE as he has the power to demand double teams no matter where he lines up. Kenny Clark needs some help, and Wilson could be the man to give it to him. He has a solid Day 2 grade for me so it'll be tricky acquiring him depending on the way the board falls.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I brought him up a page back...but the more tape I watch, the more I am liking the potential and ability of Evan Weaver. His combine stats are going to govern where he goes but honestly I'd be ecstatic at our spots nabbing him in the 2nd-4th...if he tests really well I sense it will have to be a 2nd on him if we want him.

I am not a fan of the cliff at the LB position skill wise which sets after the top couple...but Weaver is one I could "settle for" if we don't get a top flight clear best.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I brought him up a page back...but the more tape I watch, the more I am liking the potential and ability of Evan Weaver. His combine stats are going to govern where he goes but honestly I'd be ecstatic at our spots nabbing him in the 2nd-4th...if he tests really well I sense it will have to be a 2nd on him if we want him.

I am not a fan of the cliff at the LB position skill wise which sets after the top couple...but Weaver is one I could "settle for" if we don't get a top flight clear best.

I'm sorry (and i don't mean to offend anyone) but what games were you watching of Weaver...? I watched the games vs Washington state and Washington. He looked decent but nothing spectacular IMO. Is there another game to watch on him?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry (and i don't mean to offend anyone) but what games were you watching of Weaver...? I watched the games vs Washington state and Washington. He looked decent but nothing spectacular IMO. Is there another game to watch on him?

If you're expecting to see a top flight 1st round graded LB you're not gonna see it. I love him because I see flashes of what could be that 2nd or 3rd that could start for us well through his first 6 to 8 years of his career. I don't remember the specific games but I'll see if I can find them again

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Evan Weaver isn't on my board as far as ILBs go. He's a 4-3 MLB in the NFL in my opinion. My hunch is he runs 4.82 and will be more of a casualty in coverage than Martinez. Something to keep in mind is California has a blazing secondary so they cover up his weaknesses very well.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trey Smith OT/OG for Tennessee. Was amazing as a freshman 3 years ago. Was looking the same in 2018 and then had clotting issues in his legs and missed a chunk of the season. Last season he was good, getting back into playing. He was playing outstanding again towards the end of this season. He is very physically gifted and great technique.

He will be able to play OG immediately if needed or can take over for ROT as well.

The big question is if the blood clots are something that is under control or systemic. He will drop because of it and he would be a great pick late in the 2nd.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I LOVE Trey Smith, I just don't know if Gute will go for his health issues. He was possibly the best RT in the SEC as a Sophomore.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I LOVE Trey Smith, I just don't know if Gute will go for his health issues. He was possibly the best RT in the SEC as a Sophomore.
I don't know medically if it's something to worry about. It could be a symptom of something serious. If he didn't have the issue he would be going top 25.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's the right gamble to go for him possibly late in Day 2 or trade up for him Day 3 if he's available. But he would absolutely transform the right side of this line. AR could hold the ball 10 seconds if he wanted to.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any NC folks in here? Seen a few website reference NC LB Chazz Surratt. 4-5 star QB turn LB in his final season. Playing just one season he looked better than other prospects. If I didn't know he played QB, I'd just think he was great at reading the plays. A longer verison of Ty Summers and quicker/shiftier. Surratt reminds me of Fred Warner (similar body stature) but need more experience and coaching to sharpen up tackling technique. Has injury history also, dating back to HS. Returning back to college is probably the best for him but if he declares, id pick him 5-7 round for developmental. But we need a plug and play.. good developmental prospect.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both NC teams just seem depleted to me. Bunch of good guys but nobody with serious pro potential. We have developmental guys in Bolton, Summers, and Burks. How many more do we need?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Cole Kmet declaring today I'm 100% a fan and I 100% have him as my #1 TE overall. Cat is a weapon, can split out and is an above average blocker.

Folks we could do a lot worse than hearing Kmet called. I pray he is there in round 2 for us but doubt it...

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I'm not the biggest fan of Wisconsin players, but they have 3 guys I want.

Tyler Biadasz. He's awesome. Want.

Zack Baun. I think he ends up as a tremendous ILB. Good in coverage. Great athlete. I'd easily take him in the 2nd round. I think he's very good.

Quentez Cephus. I'll admit I don't know much about his legal issues, but apparently he's innocent? Anyways, he's a good WR. I'd take him.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Quentez Cephus. I'll admit I don't know much about his legal issues, but apparently he's innocent? Anyways, he's a good WR. I'd take him.

Quintez Cephus

Unless I missed something new, he is cleared from the charges. Personally, I think he shouldn't declare for the draft. He was hurt all of last year and this year while not bad, his stats aren't going to catch a lot of attention and this is a very strong WR draft.
  • 59 receptions (76th in FBS)
  • 901 YDS (56th)
  • 7 TD's (56th)
  • Ave 15.3/catch
He might be sitting around until the 6th round or later and then struggle to make a 53 due to numbers. I love his athleticism and build, but he would be better served coming back for his 4th year. Who is QB will be interesting. While starter Jack Coan will be back, I think highly recruited (4 Stars) red shirt freshman Graham Mertz will take over and that might allow Cephus to have a year that could potentially land him in the first round if all the stars align.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Cephus. I know, though, that I am biased. He has very strong and reliable hands. Able to get open and is clutch. He carries himself with a lot of confidence. His numbers not at an elite level maybe is more of a result of having an amazing RB.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That's bc you're a Wisconsin fan.

Not really. I would love to have JT play his final year, but knew it was best for him to declare. Not much more to prove while risking injury.

Cephus is a decent WR, but I think he still has a lot to prove. It appears that he really loves the weight room and if he keeps packing muscle onto that body, while continuing to maintain his athleticism, he will have a great final year and the scouts will notice him

No doubt that he will get a shot at the NFL if he declares now, but I think its a much longer shot and much less guarantees in the way of money and stability. Teams are going to give a round 4 or earlier some time to prove themselves. Round 6 or later, you better look pretty good right away.

Tyler Biadasz was kind of in the same boat last year as Cephus. Could have declared, but I think by playing another year, winning the Rimington award (best College Center), has put himself in much better position.

Members online

Latest posts