2020 Watchlist

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe this is too soon, but I'm an avid CFB fan almost as much as I follow the Packers. I thought maybe it might be cool to just have a thread to discuss guys as the 2020 Draft Class prepares to lace em up this August as well. We can share news about projected starters for their prospective teams, injuries, etc, and how they play into the unfolding of the eventual opening of the Draft on the 23rd of April in Las Vegas. It might help as some of us do our mocks too as over the course of this scouting process some of you guys brought up prospects that I really came to love, and others not so much.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Too soon?

Never.

I already have my 2021 Watch list: Trevor Lawrence.

For 2020, I would put Badger RB Jonathan Taylor near the top of the list. He faces the challenge of running behind a relatively new OL, as well as taking hand offs from a less familiar QB, but I think he will be up to the task. As long as he reduces fumbles and has a similar year to his first 2, look for him to be in the conversation for Round 1 of the 2020 Draft.

2017: 299 carries, 1977 yds., 6.6/carry 13 TD's 6 fumbles
2018: 307 carries, 2194 yds., 7.1 ave. 16 TD's 4 fumbles

I'm fully prepared for being called a Badger Homer, as well as people mentioning Ron Dayne and Monty Ball. :D

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The picture says it all, ***** Fisher:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I really wish I could see the front side to see if he's got him by the neck for a choke slam.

Ask and you shall receive, about the 1:20 mark of the video, looks like a clean tackle.

Just make sure to burn this video after you view it, so a certain someone doesn't see it. PC had a decent game that day. ;)

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ask and you shall receive, about the 1:20 mark of the video, looks like a clean tackle.

Just make sure to burn this video after you view it, so a certain someone doesn't see it. PC had a decent game that day. ;)

Gotta give it to the photographer, I thought this was a stop or something that was a win for the defense. Had ***** gotten his head around that'd probably have been a pick(or deflection, not sure of his hands). That was a gamble on Haskins, especially with that LB who sat in the zone who he had to throw over. Honestly, it's just the fact that ***** was right there in general, matched up against Campbell that impresses me. It looks like zone coverage as ***** showed blitz but as soon as the ball snapped it his backpedal went almost straight into his route. (Which again points to Campbell's shoddy route running, a real WR would have adjusted his stem accordingly to blow right past him.) But if ***** had shown coverage from the get-go, that could have been an entirely different play.

***** is rumored to be about 250 now, possibly 255 and still run a sub 4.6. If that's the case he is definitely a "Gute Guy" as he's going to have a great RAS. I think playing for Northwestern and the fact that next year is the offensive Draft people have been waiting for he could still be available mid Day 2. It really just depends on where we pick. But I like him paired with Martinez.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jon Taylor is a really good RB in a class of really freaking good RB's. Ettiene from Clemson is probably the top guy.

WR class is very, very strong at the top. Jerry Jeudy is one of my favorites.

Better QB class than the 2019 draft, which is good for us.

Anyways, next year would be a good year to pick up a WR. Much better class than what we just saw, imo.

Oh! And watch for Jon Garvin, edge, from Miamuh.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
***** will be on my watch list now. He must have been hurt when the Badgers played Northwestern, I don't remember seeing him, nor does he show up on the stats of that game. I love my Badger Football, but I don't watch a lot of other college games until it gets towards the end of the season.

Side note, I did see Haskins play quite a bit, my Brother is a big OSU fan, so its kind of tradition we watch each others teams play as we text trash to each other. not to stir a certain someone up, but Haskins should get a ton of credit for what his WR's did. Will be interesting to see what he does in Washington, but I think the guy is legit. He has a laser cannon for an arm, but struggles when he doesn't have a clean pocket, so he is going to have to clean that up. I doubt Washington is going to be able to buy him as much time as the OSU offense normally did.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Side note, I did see Haskins play quite a bit, my Brother is a big OSU fan, so its kind of tradition we watch each others teams play as we text trash to each other. not to stir a certain someone up, but Haskins should get a ton of credit for what his WR's did. Will be interesting to see what he does in Washington, but I think the guy is legit. He has a laser cannon for an arm, but struggles when he doesn't have a clean pocket, so he is going to have to clean that up. I doubt Washington is going to be able to buy him as much time as the OSU offense normally did.

Actually, the Redskins ranked 12th last year. I don't follow them alot, but ever since the Hogs days it always has seemed like they have a more than capable OL. It's always been a issue of their actual playmakers(and still is apparently). Haskins will have his rookie struggles, but I think he'll finally give them some security at the QB position for years to come. They really need to hit on him because outside of the Giants(Jones Bust Watch) they need a steady QB if they're going to win the NFC East, which is always tight til the bitter end.

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe this is too soon, but I'm an avid CFB fan almost as much as I follow the Packers. I thought maybe it might be cool to just have a thread to discuss guys as the 2020 Draft Class prepares to lace em up this August as well. We can share news about projected starters for their prospective teams, injuries, etc, and how they play into the unfolding of the eventual opening of the Draft on the 23rd of April in Las Vegas. It might help as some of us do our mocks too as over the course of this scouting process some of you guys brought up prospects that I really came to love, and others not so much.

To each their own but I would actually be glad to not have to hear about a ton of college players who end up not playing for the Packers until after at least the end of the 2019 season.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not very familiar with college players who didnt end up enlisting for the 2019 draft, so Ill just leave my wishlist for the 2020 draft here, based on what I perceive to be a need, now and by then:

1. ILB
2. WR
3. OT
4. CB
5. TE

Last edited:
OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since 99% of you want Crosby fired:

Rodrigo Blankenship

25th all time SEC in scoring

82.8% career percentage

Long of 55 yards against Oklahoma in the 2017 Rose Bowl

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Since 99% of you want Crosby fired:

Rodrigo Blankenship

25th all time SEC in scoring

82.8% career percentage

Long of 55 yards against Oklahoma in the 2017 Rose Bowl

I have always loved his look, old school! He stayed at Georgia, but a guy to look at next year perhaps.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has the leg most definitely, and his accuracy is better than Crosby's. I'm wondering with the pros would that substantially increase since everyone here wants 85% or better.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
1. Derrick Brown, DT- Aburn
2. Raekwon Davis, DT- Alabama
3. Andrew Thomas, OT- Georgia
4. Jonathon Taylor, RB- Wisconsin
5. Laekida Shenault, WR- Colorado
6. ***** Fischer, LB- Northwestern
7. AJ dillard, RB- BC
8. Jabari Zuniga, Edge- Florida
9. Khalid Kareem, Edge- Notre Dame
10. Dylan Moses, LB- Bama

Hopefully we are picking #32 overall and one of these guys falls :)

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tristan Wirfs from Iowa is a stud, and a freak.

We won't get him unless we have an awful season, but he's a stud.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Each preseason it becomes more and more apparent that the backup QB position is a need on this team. I don't think we necessarily should be looking for the QB of the future just yet but for once I'd like to address the position through the Draft.

Felipe Franks - QB - Florida

He's got a HUGE arm, and plus athleticism. He's got some accuracy issues, but I expect Dan Mullen in his second year to address that, as the progression from Jim McElwain to last year was pretty noticeable. Having a coach who molded Dak Prescott should pay off very well. My fear is he climbs up too high and instead of being available in the 4th or 5th Round he's gone in the 3rd Round.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Each preseason it becomes more and more apparent that the backup QB position is a need on this team. I don't think we necessarily should be looking for the QB of the future just yet but for once I'd like to address the position through the Draft.

Felipe Franks - QB - Florida

He's got a HUGE arm, and plus athleticism. He's got some accuracy issues, but I expect Dan Mullen in his second year to address that, as the progression from Jim McElwain to last year was pretty noticeable. Having a coach who molded Dak Prescott should pay off very well. My fear is he climbs up too high and instead of being available in the 4th or 5th Round he's gone in the 3rd Round.

Franks was recently drafted by The Red Sox and as you said, has quite the arm. If his final year at Florida isn't "great", he may just opt to head right to the Red Sox farm system.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
***** Fischer would be the piece the Packers desperately need. Or would dline be?

Members online

Latest posts