2020 Watchlist

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It sure does! Just as I expected.

While this news doesn't surprise me, I hope its the right one for him. His money will probably be a lot less on a rookie deal in 2020, then it would have been in 2021 as a higher pick. His job security as a later draft pick won't be as strong either.

I wish him well, he will be somebody to watch and if he is around in the 5th round or later, Packers might want to take a shot on him.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While this news doesn't surprise me, I hope its the right one for him. His money will probably be a lot less on a rookie deal in 2020, then it would have been in 2021 as a higher pick. His job security as a later draft pick won't be as strong either.

I wish him well, he will be somebody to watch and if he is around in the 5th round or later, Packers might want to take a shot on him.

He's also an "older" player compared to most underclassmen. He also just sat out a year while being accused of ****** assault...he probably wants to leave. I know I would.

Finally, as far as security, he could easily tear his ACL and not get drafted next year. I don't think there's much he could do next year to get above Round 3, personally.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kyle Dugger. He is a safety, but he could be an ILB for us.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...dii-safety-kyle-dugger-squarely-on-nfls-radar

6'2" 220 4.45 speed with very good coverage skills. Very aggressive sideline to sideline guy. He can add at least 10 lbs and would like to see him at 235.

I kept thinking about Nick Collins as I read about him. Small school guy out of the mainstream who is a tremendous athlete and played very well but at a lower level.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe you Wisconsin fans can explain this, but why did Biadasz look so much better in 2018 than he did in 2019?

Not sure what to think of him now...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe you Wisconsin fans can explain this, but why did Biadasz look so much better in 2018 than he did in 2019?

Not sure what to think of him now...
From before 2018 season
Deiter, Edwards and Benzschawel explored the possibility of entering the NFL draft
From spring 2019
His departure leaves the Badgers needing to replace four of their five starters on the offensive line next season.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What needs do you all think we address the first two days of the draft?

I think WR, OL, and CB.

Obviously LB is a need, but I think we address it in FA and get a guy on day 3.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm only really desperate for a receiving threat option to back up Adams. That could be a top flight TE or a top flight WR...the draft is deeper at WR so personally I desire a WR with one of our first two picks.

Other than that I think we gotta keep eye out for a Martinez replacement, DL and OL are on my mind as well. I suspect we take a 5th round or later RB again as well with Jones and Jamaal both having contracts reaching ends soon...

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patrick Queen - LB - LSU just entered the draft.

He's very Deion Jones-esque. Had a phenomenal game against Clemson. I like him a lot.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm only really desperate for a receiving threat option to back up Adams. That could be a top flight TE or a top flight WR...the draft is deeper at WR so personally I desire a WR with one of our first two picks.

Other than that I think we gotta keep eye out for a Martinez replacement, DL and OL are on my mind as well. I suspect we take a 5th round or later RB again as well with Jones and Jamaal both having contracts reaching ends soon...

Doesn't seem like a great TE class? Cole Kmet is good, but I don't know about the others, tbh. Washington kid is nice, but not much of a blocker.

Agree with the rest. I can easily see a RB getting taken this year, especially with Dexter Williams not doing much.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What needs do you all think we address the first two days of the draft?

I think WR, OL, and CB.

Obviously LB is a need, but I think we address it in FA and get a guy on day 3.

I would be pretty pissed if the Packers spend another first or 2nd on CB. They have a decent tandem in JA and King. Throw in the emerging Sullivan and Hollman and the possibility of Tramon wanting to end his career in Green Bay with another season or two. We are fine as far as CB IMO.

Definitely WR, TE, ILB and OL.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like a great TE class? Cole Kmet is good, but I don't know about the others, tbh. Washington kid is nice, but not much of a blocker.

Agree with the rest. I can easily see a RB getting taken this year, especially with Dexter Williams not doing much.

I LOVE Kmet, but it isn't a top shelf heavy TE to many...and I'm also not a HUGE fan of taking a TE in the 1st unless towards the end of it. Kmet would be an immediate upgrade, and has a potentially HIGH ceiling.

I would be pretty pissed if the Packers spend another first or 2nd on CB. They have a decent tandem in JA and King. Throw in the emerging Sullivan and Hollman and the possibility of Tramon wanting to end his career in Green Bay with another season or two. We are fine as far as CB IMO.

100% agree, DBs in general are not needed until day 3 if it is BPA

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Tramon is what, 36? IF he comes back, I'm not sure he's somebody you can rely on. I love him, but most db's can't play that long.

Jaire is great, King is okay, but he's got some real injury history.

Sullivan has done okay, and Hillman? He hasn't done anything yet. Josh Jackson isn't anything either.

I don't think it's far-fetched to say it's a need, especially with how much the league passes.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tramon is what, 36? IF he comes back, I'm not sure he's somebody you can rely on. I love him, but most db's can't play that long.

Jaire is great, King is okay, but he's got some real injury history.

Sullivan has done okay, and Hillman? He hasn't done anything yet. Josh Jackson isn't anything either.

I don't think it's far-fetched to say it's a need, especially with how much the league passes.

You are aware Sullivan has graded out the best of the bunch in some of the best categories?

^^^and I ain't talking just our team...I'm talking the league. Completion percentage against with minimum of 350 snaps, and also he's third in the league in passer rating.

As for the team, anyone on the team with 20 tackles or more recorded he ranks best at a 3.4 percentage missed.

Now I don't say all this to say he is our best or #1...but the dude is quickly proving he should be given every chance at being locked in as our #3 next season.

King is solid, and this year has been arguably the best health wise he has in a long time with 15 games played...the same number he had the previous two years combined.

We also arguably have the best ascending CB in the division and many consider top 10 in the league in Jaire if not higher. I would personally see drafting a CB with either of our first two picks like the Gary pick was last year, simply not best use positional wise. Now the kid may very well be a stud, and if someone just drops crazy low I would never blame Gute for grabbing...but it better be a surefire homerun because CB is not a need on this team presently pressing.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are aware Sullivan has graded out the best of the bunch in some of the best categories?

^^^and I ain't talking just our team...I'm talking the league. Completion percentage against with minimum of 350 snaps, and also he's third in the league in passer rating.

As for the team, anyone on the team with 20 tackles or more recorded he ranks best at a 3.4 percentage missed.

Now I don't say all this to say he is our best or #1...but the dude is quickly proving he should be given every chance at being locked in as our #3 next season.

King is solid, and this year has been arguably the best health wise he has in a long time with 15 games played...the same number he had the previous two years combined.

We also arguably have the best ascending CB in the division and many consider top 10 in the league in Jaire if not higher. I would personally see drafting a CB with either of our first two picks like the Gary pick was last year, simply not best use positional wise. Now the kid may very well be a stud, and if someone just drops crazy low I would never blame Gute for grabbing...but it better be a surefire homerun because CB is not a need on this team presently pressing.

I've heard a few people quote the PFF stuff with Sullivan. Take it with a grain of salt. Like I said, he's fine, but can you trust him for a year? Can you trust him if/when King gets hurt? I'd like a little more insurance. I just don't trust King that much, tbh.

I realize that not everyone will agree with me, but I think CB is a bigger need than some realize.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patrick Queen - LB - LSU just entered the draft.

He's very Deion Jones-esque. Had a phenomenal game against Clemson. I like him a lot.

He might be my favorite LB in a mediocre class.

He's a good Blitzer, and good in coverage. He's perfect for Pettine. I think I'm going to start advocating for him in the 1st round.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I've heard a few people quote the PFF stuff with Sullivan. Take it with a grain of salt. Like I said, he's fine, but can you trust him for a year? Can you trust him if/when King gets hurt? I'd like a little more insurance. I just don't trust King that much, tbh.

Can you trust the 32nd or 64th player taken in the draft to do more than Sullivan? Do we have other needs that are more pressing than DB for next year and further down the road?

There is going to be a ton of draft talk between Feb. and Draft Day, but I don't expect taking a DB very high in the draft will be talked about much when it comes to the Packers. As someone else said, sure if he is head and shoulders BPA at the time and considered a steal, then you might see it, but high priority need? Nope.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I realize that not everyone will agree with me, but I think CB is a bigger need than some realize.

Okay, I am going to say all this not in staunch disagreement but for sake of fleshing this out in the main positions...

OL - depth...we re-sign Bulaga we don't need an instant starter, MAYBE. I suspect a shake up is brewing and Linsley is on his way out in effort for savings...we could need that first serious guy up...I would say this is much more dire than CB.

DL - Kenny is a STUD and instant starter anywhere else...Lancaster, Lowry are SOLID backups and contributors. Adams and Keke...everyone is unsure. Depth could be argued needed for sure as OL. I would say we need another trench guy before a CB.

OLB - We have studs, Smiths then Gary and depending what happens with Fackrell in off season...at worst we need a #4 guy. I will admit, this is the first position I'd say has less of a need than CB...but both are in excellent shape.

Safeties - We are locked. Amos, Savage, Ibrahaim and Greene we are golden IMO. I would never say no to best player available in the draft, but I'm telling you ignore this position Day 1/2 unless a HoF falls to you.

RB - We have one of the youngest studs in the game, a SOLID back up and Ervin and Williams vying for options behind them. Late rounder only if not just UDFA. Not a higher priority than CB.

TE - We have no TRUE #1 going into 2020 season. Graham will be gone, Lewis retained I sense and a hope that Tonyan and Jace live up to the building's opinions. Drafting or signing a TE is arguably one of if not THE top priority.

QB - Depth with LONG term hopes of finding that gem.

WR - We have an AWESOME #1...we have some killer #3s and #4s...but DESPERATELY need a true #2. This IMO is a MUST obtain before training camp next season.

ILB - We are not going to break the piggy banks for Martinez. This depending on FA should and I suspect be one of our first two draft picks.

CB - You have a duo made up of a starter on ANY TEAM (Jaire), nearly ANY team (King) and some incredible play out of Sullivan and others behind them. IF Tramon doesn't resign, I'll grant you this, early Day 3 I'm glancing over at the CB available and seeing what is happening on my board...otherwise I'm strongly ignoring this till the 4th or 5th round as it simply isn't needed.

There is really truly only 3 positions where we NEED starters at: WR (#2), ILB and TE.

Then there is in my opinion 3 positions where depth or very near future replacements are needed: OL, K and DL

Then I'd rank "need" as CBs, OLB and Safeties

Then much farther down RBs, P, QB, LS

Just my .02 fleshed out a little more.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, I am going to say all this not in staunch disagreement but for sake of fleshing this out in the main positions...

OL - depth...we re-sign Bulaga we don't need an instant starter, MAYBE. I suspect a shake up is brewing and Linsley is on his way out in effort for savings...we could need that first serious guy up...I would say this is much more dire than CB.

DL - Kenny is a STUD and instant starter anywhere else...Lancaster, Lowry are SOLID backups and contributors. Adams and Keke...everyone is unsure. Depth could be argued needed for sure as OL. I would say we need another trench guy before a CB.

OLB - We have studs, Smiths then Gary and depending what happens with Fackrell in off season...at worst we need a #4 guy. I will admit, this is the first position I'd say has less of a need than CB...but both are in excellent shape.

Safeties - We are locked. Amos, Savage, Ibrahaim and Greene we are golden IMO. I would never say no to best player available in the draft, but I'm telling you ignore this position Day 1/2 unless a HoF falls to you.

RB - We have one of the youngest studs in the game, a SOLID back up and Ervin and Williams vying for options behind them. Late rounder only if not just UDFA. Not a higher priority than CB.

TE - We have no TRUE #1 going into 2020 season. Graham will be gone, Lewis retained I sense and a hope that Tonyan and Jace live up to the building's opinions. Drafting or signing a TE is arguably one of if not THE top priority.

QB - Depth with LONG term hopes of finding that gem.

WR - We have an AWESOME #1...we have some killer #3s and #4s...but DESPERATELY need a true #2. This IMO is a MUST obtain before training camp next season.

ILB - We are not going to break the piggy banks for Martinez. This depending on FA should and I suspect be one of our first two draft picks.

CB - You have a duo made up of a starter on ANY TEAM (Jaire), nearly ANY team (King) and some incredible play out of Sullivan and others behind them. IF Tramon doesn't resign, I'll grant you this, early Day 3 I'm glancing over at the CB available and seeing what is happening on my board...otherwise I'm strongly ignoring this till the 4th or 5th round as it simply isn't needed.

There is really truly only 3 positions where we NEED starters at: WR (#2), ILB and TE.

Then there is in my opinion 3 positions where depth or very near future replacements are needed: OL, K and DL

Then I'd rank "need" as CBs, OLB and Safeties

Then much farther down RBs, P, QB, LS

Just my .02 fleshed out a little more.

I don't really disagree with you. I just think we have quite a few needs, tbh, and I value CB's fairly high. We do need a WR more, we do need a LB more, we do need an OL more...but I would argue those guys are easier to find in later rounds than a CB. So value, I think, is going to come into play. Most of this is me not being as high on our CB's except for Jaire.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you trust the 32nd or 64th player taken in the draft to do more than Sullivan? Do we have other needs that are more pressing than DB for next year and further down the road?

There is going to be a ton of draft talk between Feb. and Draft Day, but I don't expect taking a DB very high in the draft will be talked about much when it comes to the Packers. As someone else said, sure if he is head and shoulders BPA at the time and considered a steal, then you might see it, but high priority need? Nope.

I can make that argument with almost any player, but in short, yes. Yes, I would trust a CB taken at 32/64 to do more than Sullivan. In general, there's a reason why a player is getting drafted that high.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
but I would argue those guys are easier to find in later rounds than a CB.

So how has that worked out in the last 5 or so years for the Packers? They used an unusually high number of picks at DB starting in 2014 with Dix. He was followed up by Randall and Rollins. Toss in 2 years of no real productivity from King and what appears to be a bust in Josh Jackson and your theory doesn't really hold true. Now tell me what WR and LB that we have drafted in later rounds has worked out well? The only position I think we agree on is OL. I would prefer to resign Bulaga and try to find a few future OL players late in the draft.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So how has that worked out in the last 5 or so years for the Packers? They used an unusually high number of picks at DB starting in 2014 with Dix. He was followed up by Randall and Rollins. Toss in 2 years of no real productivity from King and what appears to be a bust in Josh Jackson and your theory doesn't really hold true. Now tell me what WR and LB that we have drafted in later rounds has worked out well? The only position I think we agree on is OL. I would prefer to resign Bulaga and try to find a few future OL players late in the draft.

I know folks are mad he isn't a Luke Kuechly but Blake at LB has more than worked out given his spot picked...lol.

That's all I got tho

Members online

Latest posts