2020 Watchlist

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Queen is LB1. I think you were the first one I saw mention him as a good player. You really called that one, he's a stud.

Check out Francis Bernard. He's a bit older, but he's got some Eric Kendricks to him.
@GleefulGary, whats your thought on Bernards teammate Bradlee Anae? He dominated the senior bowl game with three sacks. He seemed to be quite during practice and showed up on gameday.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OL - I agree, re-sign Bulaga and Gute can take a lineman at his convenience, which is why my mocks consistently find guys Day 3. Outside of Biadasz, I can't see any reason to take an OL earlier than Day 3. We really need a G to replace Turner with Veldheer backing up Bulaga. Andrus Peat or Germain Ifedi would be more than decent FA pickups for a bargain too.

DL - This is a must have either in FA or the Draft. Gute will have to get tricky to find the right guy. Watch the 49ers....they can't keep everybody.

OLB - Some teams are eyeing Fackrell's 2018 year as a possibility he could be a starter. Let him walk and let Gary who's more versatile pick up steam. We can find an OLB to replace him Day 3.

S - Pettine loves safeties. I honestly would prefer a S over a CB in this class. We just need a S who can cover in man, and this class is littered with them. Keeping in mind that said player is probably only covering the #4-#6 WR on the opposing team's depth chart, I'm comfortable with that matchup while at the same time bolstering the run and blitz options for the front seven.

RB - Ervin solves the RB problem. Let D. Williams try to make the team but if not, we're set. I don't see J. Williams walking but if that's the case, we can address that Day 2 of the 2021 Draft.

TE - I'm continually saying that FA is the answer to solving this problem. Eric Ebron and Tyler Eifert would give us a decent starter at the position while still giving time for Jace and Tonyan to develop more. Watch out for Carolina cutting Greg Olsen!!!! I'm not super big at carrying 4 TEs but it seems like something I'll have to get used to in this offense.

QB - Pass. I've only seen one QB Day 3, and if we miss on him I'll live. I'm pretty sure we have Rodgers for at least 3 more years so let Boyle develop all preseason without having to worry about competition and giving away reps.

WR - I NEED Justin Jefferson in the 1st Round if he's available. I'd also like a Tyler Johnson Day 3 too.

ILB - A combination of any two from Phillips, Rice, Brooks, Dye, and Divinity would be nice. No Murray if we go WR 1st Round.

CB - This class is just too shaky to me past Day 2. See S above. Maybe some risers will come up after the combine or All-Star games, but for now, just pass. I trust Sullivan in the slot and I'm not trying to reach to get a guy who's going to be #4 or #5 on the depth chart.

I agree and disagree with some of this

OL for sure we need. Im against re-signing Bulaga unless he agrees to a short-term cheap deal. But if he does, we can go for his replacement somewhere in the middle of the draft or trade up down as needed.

DL I could take, but I would put it a little further down the list as an added bonus. Seems to be more out there than people think.

OLB/S/CB: I see little reason for much need here. Raven Green should be back, Darnell Savage did better than Nick Collins his rookie year, Adrian Amos has been outstanding, and our current OLB crew seems deep enough. At corner, well I'd take one there as a depth piece in case Kevin King went down, but it's not that high on my list.

TE - I'm not a fan of Ebron or Eifert because the former is a butterfinger and the latter is injury prone. I'd say Tonyan is more than ready to be full-time number 1, and while I'm not sold on Sternberger yet, I think he could handle the role of TE2 just fine. I'd personally lay off of TE this off season with no Kittle or Kelce prospects out there.

I'd say we're about set at RB

WR I'd say is where we gotta grab the big playmakers.

I like Binjimen Victor there. Guy is just a little smaller than Lazard but has some awesome range. Better hands and ball security and would beat out GMo in a heartbeat.

I'd definitely take the depth at Adams 1, Lazard 2, Victor 3 and then whoever else (MVS, Kume, etc.) behind

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@GleefulGary, whats your thought on Bernards teammate Bradlee Anae? He dominated the senior bowl game with three sacks. He seemed to be quite during practice and showed up on gameday.

I think he's good! Would probably be a good fit for Pettine, but not a real high need. Can't imagine GB drafts him.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay.. some draft pundits mock Laviska Shenault to the Packers.. I'm not a big fan of Shenault... I think his route running is sloppy. Additionally, in his releases hes barely pumping/moving his hands or use headfakes. I do love his toughness and has strong reliable hands. But for someone graded to go in first.. I want a blend of speed, nuisance route runner (no college wr route running will be as a pros yet) and reliable hands. He has reliable hands and toughness. i think he will run a 4.6 might slip. Time will tell if I'm right or full of it after the combine lol.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Okay.. some draft pundits mock Laviska Shenault to the Packers.. I'm not a big fan of Shenault... I think his route running is sloppy. Additionally, in his releases hes barely pumping/moving his hands or use headfakes. I do love his toughness and has strong reliable hands. But for someone graded to go in first.. I want a blend of speed, nuisance route runner (no college wr route running will be as a pros yet) and reliable hands. He has reliable hands and toughness. i think he will run a 4.6 might slip. Time will tell if I'm right or full of it after the combine lol.
I really like Shenault. I think he is raw, but I think he is more polished than Davante Adams was coming out of college. Playing at Colorado makes it hard to determine if he was facing legitimate CBs though. A 4.6 I think is a little harsh. While he is certainly not a 4.35 runner, I do not think he will run anything higher than a 4.55. The man is fast, agile and physical, but again my caution is can we evaluate that against those CBs?

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Shenault. I think he is raw, but I think he is more polished than Davante Adams was coming out of college. Playing at Colorado makes it hard to determine if he was facing legitimate CBs though. A 4.6 I think is a little harsh. While he is certainly not a 4.35 runner, I do not think he will run anything higher than a 4.55. The man is fast, agile and physical, but again my caution is can we evaluate that against those CBs?
I'm comparing him to Henry Ruggs and Jerry Jeudy... If you watch the 2019 film on Jeudy and Ruggs vs LSU.. its day and night. I jsut feel hes alittle overrated to be listed as top 3. I think we can evaluate his speed and route running against CBs. If you watch him vs Nebraska's (awful team) Lamar Jackson (long physical CB in this draft) he was shut down but when he went against younger cbs alot of his long catches were poor coverage/miscommunication on backend, not him running a crisp route. I dont think im harsh on him. I do think hes got great reliable hands (unlike Higgins), hes tough but also been injured. I like him.. just not as top 3 WR.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm comparing him to Henry Ruggs and Jerry Jeudy... If you watch the 2019 film on Jeudy and Ruggs vs LSU.. its day and night. I jsut feel hes alittle overrated to be listed as top 3. I think we can evaluate his speed and route running against CBs. If you watch him vs Nebraska's (awful team) Lamar Jackson (long physical CB in this draft) he was shut down but when he went against younger cbs alot of his long catches were poor coverage/miscommunication on backend, not him running a crisp route. I dont think im harsh on him. I do think hes got great reliable hands (unlike Higgins), hes tough but also been injured. I like him.. just not as top 3 WR.

Well...Ruggs and Jeudy are better prospects, and more pure receivers.

Shenault is raw, but very athletic. His 18 tape is better than his 19 tape. More of a gadget guy than a WR, but he actually has shown growth as a WR to me. I think he's a great fit for LaFleurs offense.

Perhaps a more apt comparison for you would be Shenault and Justin Jefferson? Throw in Reagor and Hamler too. Not sure if Tee Higgins will be there, but I like him more than Shenault.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Justin Herron (OL) Wake Forest- the summary of him reminds me of how scouts talked about Bakhtiari. "Not tall enough, not long enough, not strong enough. Therefore Guard." Herron has pretty quick feet and is athletic enough to take on those speed rushers. I'm not saying hes Bak 2.0 but Id take him in 4-5th round.

Besides KJ Hill in the 3rd round. I like Van Jefferson (WR) out of Florida also in the late second or third. Great route runner. Showed he can play on the senior bow practices (along with KJ Hill).

Levonta Taylor (CB) Florida - Wasnt this guy supposed to be a top CB coming out of this draft? He was a 5 star HS recruit. Had a standout sophomore season but been quiet. Late round 5-7 pick. Any Gator fans add info?

Another late-round pick prospect is Antonio Gibson (RB) out of Memphis. Was a WR turned RB. A much taller RB (6'2) but has size 220lbs. Running style reminds me of James Starks but he can run routes. Pro Comp: Jalen Hurd (Who the 49ers drafted- RB turned WR lol)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Justin Herron (OL) Wake Forest- the summary of him reminds me of how scouts talked about Bakhtiari. "Not tall enough, not long enough, not strong enough. Therefore Guard." Herron has pretty quick feet and is athletic enough to take on those speed rushers. I'm not saying hes Bak 2.0 but Id take him in 4-5th round.

Besides KJ Hill in the 3rd round. I like Van Jefferson (WR) out of Florida also in the late second or third. Great route runner. Showed he can play on the senior bow practices (along with KJ Hill).

Levonta Taylor (CB) Florida - Wasn't this guy supposed to be a top CB coming out of this draft? He was a 5 star HS recruit. Had a standout sophomore season but been quiet. Late round 5-7 pick. Any Gator fans add info?

Another late-round pick prospect is Antonio Gibson (RB) out of Memphis. Was a WR turned RB. A much taller RB (6'2) but has size 220lbs. Running style reminds me of James Starks but he can run routes. Pro Comp: Jalen Hurd (Who the 49ers drafted- RB turned WR lol)

Few thoughts:

#1 LOVE that someone else feels as I do on Van Jefferson. Obviously if we pick a WR in the 1st or 2nd round and he is there with our 3rd rounder I'd struggle to find it wise, I think he has solid NFL receiver written all over him. The blessing Green Bay has is we are not asking a WR to come in and be our #1, shoot unlike many teams that will be drafting a WR in the 1st round we aren't even asking him to be our #1 in the next 4 years...that alone I think will expedite a truly NFL starting worthy talent growth by removing a tremendous amount pressure I think some of these guys wilt under. Van, would IMO fit the bill if we picked other positions that come to us with our 1st and 2nd pick...enough so that I'd not hesitate maybe even trying to slide up into the 3rd to make it happen.

LeVonta Taylor from FSU right not Florida? If the FSU guy, my brother is a huge FSU fan so I shot him a text and he said while excellently athletic he is just small in terms of DBs for the next level, but he said he's a guy that is solid and isn't usually a vulnerability. He is a Lions fan and said while he loves the guy but would be mad to see them spend anything higher than a 4th on him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh and crap, I'm a huge Gibson fan especially if he can be nabbed 4th on, but I foresee him going late Day 2 or early Day 3 to someone. I just truly believe he is a unique compliment for any OC to have in their lineup....backfield, split out, dude is at home anywhere really....shoot even big enough to motion into TE or out of and back. LOVE him, and would instantly make me less likely to worry about losing Williams once contract is up.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh and crap, I'm a huge Gibson fan especially if he can be nabbed 4th on, but I foresee him going late Day 2 or early Day 3 to someone. I just truly believe he is a unique compliment for any OC to have in their lineup....backfield, split out, dude is at home anywhere really....shoot even big enough to motion into TE or out of and back. LOVE him, and would instantly make me less likely to worry about losing Williams once contract is up.
I like Gibson coming out of college more than Dexter Williams because of Gibson's versatility and ability to catch. Hope he can learn to pass block.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Gibson coming out of college more than Dexter Williams because of Gibson's versatility and ability to catch. Hope he can learn to pass block.

Utterly different backs...I like Dexter and if he can absorb the system he will be a fine #3 someday, but yes Gibson offers far more versatility to an OC and can out the gate offer more.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I've been reading and watching, the people I typically follow don't like Cole Kmet that much. Wouldn't be surprised if Adam Trautman is TE1.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From what I've been reading and watching, the people I typically follow don't like Cole Kmet that much. Wouldn't be surprised if Adam Trautman is TE1.

I'd bet serious money Kmet is gone by end of Day 2 and is starting and contributing to any team that drafts him year 1. Kid is very versatile and competent in pretty much anything you ask a TE to do.

Reaction score
I'm hoping for an upgrade at both ILB positions, as well as one more on the DL.
That’s my wish list. 3 players that could conceivably be upgrades would reverberate throughout the entire D. I’m not opposed to continuing to develop Burks, but he’s likely never going to be anything but a ST leader and serviceable backup.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

What I’m liking most about Jordyn will on the face sound unusual.. His Combine is not predicted to do anything but lose track of him more. I can see him sliding to a late day 2 or early day 3 selection. We wouldn’t have to overspend draft capital wise, but if he’s paired with another complimentary veteran FA, I see our interior LB position as an immediate improvement.
With some good fortune there and another selection at DL with a stellar Run stopper to compliment Kenny, the pieces are in place Defensively. That would possibly allow GB to go a more balanced leaning Offensive draft and FA overall.

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd bet serious money Kmet is gone by end of Day 2 and is starting and contributing to any team that drafts him year 1. Kid is very versatile and competent in pretty much anything you ask a TE to do.

Maybe. I haven't watched enough, but the guys who did question his separation skills, athleticism, and play strength.

Basically, he's similar to Kyle Rudolph in that he does everything fine, but it's great at anything.

I'd totally agree with him going at the end of day 2, beginning of day 3 area. But I've been seeing stuff with him in the first round, and I'm not too keen on that.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read somewhere that ~25% of the both of superbowl teams were undrafted free agents. Im just glad KC won though (with 49ers claiming so many high draft picks). Happy to see Damien embrace Mostert at tend of the game. I'd love to find a late round or UDFA RB. I'm still mad we didn't draft Philip Lindsay, who I was very high on (Yes.. IK we have Aaron Jones but more the merrier). I remember arguing with someone why James Conner and Alvin Kamara wayy better than D'Onta Foreman. sorry, I digress.. Anyways.. I'll check out the 2020 RB prospects coming out

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read somewhere that ~25% of the both of superbowl teams were undrafted free agents. Im just glad KC won though (with 49ers claiming so many high draft picks). Happy to see Damien embrace Mostert at tend of the game. I'd love to find a late round or UDFA RB. I'm still mad we didn't draft Philip Lindsay, who I was very high on (Yes.. IK we have Aaron Jones but more the merrier). I remember arguing with someone why James Conner and Alvin Kamara wayy better than D'Onta Foreman. sorry, I digress.. Anyways.. I'll check out the 2020 RB prospects coming out

I'm telling you the Memphis cat Gibson, as a couple of us discussed, is my mid to late round guy I truly feel is going to be special. Let us know your thoughts.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lamical Perine out of Florida. He's forecasted as a Top 150 pick, which means he could fall to the 6th Round depending on combine and Pro Day, but I think he could rise to a primary 4th Round guy. Keyshawn Vaughn from Vanderbilt is also a stud.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Devin Asiasi, TE, UCLA is my new crush.

He's huge, but nimble. Hands like Richard Rodgers. I want.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blake is great value for the 4th. C'mon. I'm not a fan of his, but even I know that.

The reason I think we can find a solid WR in round 3 or so, is because this is a great WR class, and prior history. Check where most of the top WR's are drafted. Only a few in the first round.

But there are probably 4-5 wide receivers with legitimate 1st round talent, and we'll have a shot at 1 or 2 of them. And, we could really use a difference maker, bigly.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're looking for the next George Kittle, and by that, I mean an under-used TE who will be better in the NFL than in college, check out Charlie Woerner.

He's got good size (6'5 245), he's a good athlete for the TE position, seems to have good hands, and is a good blocker.

So why isn't he getting talked about? Because he had 9 catches for 78 yards last year. Basically no production. But don't be fooled...Georgia rarely passed the ball, and Woerner looked good when he got opportunities.

Now he's not the athlete that Kittle is, he's not the blocker that Kittle is, but he's similar to Kittle in that he was an underutilized player that's at least average in every aspect of the game.

Worth a look on day 3. We'll see how he runs at the combine. I'd bet he's a 4.7 or faster.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Khaleke Hudson LB (Michigan). 6'0" -220lbs. Solid muscle. Sideline to sideline. Coverage can be improved, has the propensity/ability get better in coverage. Was watching his film, 3 in the morning with too much caffeine in my blood. Rewatched it (just to make sure I was not crazy) yeah that dude fast. Reminds me of his teammate Devin Bush. I put my stamp on him. He's gonna show out in the combine. Rounds 2-4.

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have heard mention of LSU tight end Thaddeus Moss. His physical at the combine revealed a Jones fracture in his right foot and he will have surgery. His stock will probably drop quite a bit. That injury concerns me a bit when it comes to players that are moving and cutting quickly.

Which means a steal in the 6th Round!!!!

Members online

Latest posts