2020 Packers first round pick: Jordan Love, QB

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I would just like to say. Im most happy I was given a public humiliation and told I was a Packer Homer and that Love was nothing more than a Mountain West failure at every level. The endless weeks of an emotional tongue whipping made this week Sooooooo much more fun :) I’m not sure I’ll sleep good tonight this is such a treat.
Nicely Done you Bunch of Putz’s!! :tup:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Unless Gute had traded up into the 1st round or early second round, I have very little doubt that Love would have been selected by another team before the Packers 2nd round pick (#62). I know one team was mentioned as being ready to select him, but can't rememer who that was.

In looking for which team was ready to take him, I found this article. Figured it was from 2020, it was from Oct. 2023! Some people just double down on stupidity!

Same guy yesterday.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Great find! Isn't it funny that the guy that in October wrote about how the pick was a failure doesn't even mention his original thoughts about the pick. Guessing he was even more critical last year and years before!

This quote is funny, given what he said in October.

"It was a big gamble, though an understandable one with Rodgers aging and the Packers unable to get over the hump to another Super Bowl with him."

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Doesn't seem like enough of a sample size to reach such a conclusion.
I'm still not ready to declare him a future HOF QB or even a Top 10 currently playing in the NFL. That said, he's trending upwards and much closer to both tise things, than a complete bust. Time will tell.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still not ready to declare him a future HOF QB or even a Top 10 currently playing in the NFL. That said, he's trending upwards and much closer to both tise things, than a complete bust. Time will tell.
One of the talking heads on the sports shows (can't remember who) said he was likely going to be considered the #1 quarterback in the NFC when next season starts.

Reaction score
The part of all this that is crazy is Love feels totally comfortable in this Offense. He’s really not even peaked yet, I mean how could he? Plus he’s got very little wear n tear.

I do think this season presented a lesser opponent grouping overall,?so there might arguably by a curve on the grading scale. However an increase in opponent strength likely gets mostly washed by another year of seasoning.

I still pray we don’t remain complacent on Offense and we continue to build on this. I’m not suggesting we go heavy Offense in the draft, but I’d like to see 3 of the first 7 selections go Offense, including at least 1 Top 64 area or better.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
One of the talking heads on the sports shows (can't remember who) said he was likely going to be considered the #1 quarterback in the NFC when next season starts.
Not surprising at all. However, just like it was too early to call him a bust 7 games into his first season, it's still too early (for me) to call him a top QB. He's definitely trending up at a fast pace.

Reaction score
Congratulations to Jordan Love.

Your Dad must be looking down on you and totally amazed how he was right all along. It was said your Dad was always bragging about how his Jordan was going to be a great player. When he went to Heaven.. you wanted to give up on Football. Your anchor was missing and your size seemed prohibitive. Then, as a 5’6” Freshman, you became like a weed to fertilizer. You had a little Bart Starr magic dust in you and the Lord turned you into a 6’0” Sophomore Butterfly. Yes, our Lord made you blossom because he’s always paid special attention to Widows and Orphans. By the time you were a Junior you were 6’2+ and standing tall… But no.. the Lord wasn’t done with you. He had bigger plans than even you could imagine! You pressed on through a tough 0-2 start, but only to make you become a more remarkable standout athlete, just on the fringe of being noticed.

You had no College offers at first, but that didn’t stop the prayers from those around you being heard on High. When your Coaches learned of your call from a small school in Utah they were ecstatic. Their hard work and dedication to you and kids like you (Krys Barnes) paid off.

You overcame again and again and showcased your gift that was planned before the foundation of the World. They came to watch you and the Holy Spirit made sure they were impressed that day. Soon enough you were contacted by another small city. This one filled with a history of the best QB’s to ever play the game. They were inspired not by your TD’s, but by your confidence and smarts and a good raising mixed with an innate ability to overcome extreme adversity.
On draft day you got the Official call from the Green Bay FO. While many others were reeling and confused.. you were a gift all along. A special present, Packaged in simple, non flashy and nondescript wrapping, but the most valuable gift of all that year.
See.
No, God made sure that you, Jordan Love, did not come all this way for nothing. Imagine that, a God with the power to blow an entire Universe into existence, but tender and kind enough to take the time to know each of us, even when we try to hide.

Jordan. Win or Lose Saturday and it’s immaterial. You are our QB and thank God you were sent. We don’t know what we did to deserve 3 in a Row, but we do know how fun you are to watch. Go get us a Win Brother Love!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless Gute had traded up into the 1st round or early second round, I have very little doubt that Love would have been selected by another team before the Packers 2nd round pick (#62). I know one team was mentioned as being ready to select him, but can't rememer who that was.

In looking for which team was ready to take him, I found this article. Figured it was from 2020, it was from Oct. 2023! Some people just double down on stupidity!

Maybe Ty can weigh in on this. I thought Gluten traded to move up four spots within the first round. If that's the case, he must have thought Love would. Be gone with the next four picks before the Packers selected. Not a big deal, they got their guy.

The article you sent just eviscerates Love. It was October 2023 and the Queens had just beat them at home. Now I was critical of the Love pick from the start and was wrong. I was more upset last October that the D had not been playing well. Going into the season, the consensus was that the D would carry the team.

Love's progress certainly looks legit as he's been a big part in these key wins. I think they keep it rolling and come away with a 28-21 win over the Niners. Time for payback anyway.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe Ty can weigh in on this. I thought Gluten traded to move up four spots within the first round. If that's the case, he must have thought Love would. Be gone with the next four picks before the Packers selected. Not a big deal, they got their guy.

The article you sent just eviscerates Love. It was October 2023 and the Queens had just beat them at home. Now I was critical of the Love pick from the start and was wrong. I was more upset last October that the D had not been playing well. Going into the season, the consensus was that the D would carry the team.

Love's progress certainly looks legit as he's been a big part in these key wins. I think they keep it rolling and come away with a 28-21 win over the Niners. Time for payback anyway.
That Minnesota game was tipping point. Matt and staff altered the offense.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congratulations to Jordan Love.

Your Dad must be looking down on you and totally amazed how he was right all along. It was said your Dad was always bragging about how his Jordan was going to be a great player. When he went to Heaven.. you wanted to give up on Football. Your anchor was missing and your size seemed prohibitive. Then, as a 5’6” Freshman, you became like a weed to fertilizer. You had a little Bart Starr magic dust in you and the Lord turned you into a 6’0” Sophomore Butterfly. Yes, our Lord made you blossom because he’s always paid special attention to Widows and Orphans. By the time you were a Junior you were 6’2+ and standing tall… But no.. the Lord wasn’t done with you. He had bigger plans than even you could imagine! You pressed on through a tough 0-2 start, but only to make you become a more remarkable standout athlete, just on the fringe of being noticed.

You had no College offers at first, but that didn’t stop the prayers from those around you being heard on High. When your Coaches learned of your call from a small school in Utah they were ecstatic. Their hard work and dedication to you and kids like you (Krys Barnes) paid off.

You overcame again and again and showcased your gift that was planned before the foundation of the World. They came to watch you and the Holy Spirit made sure they were impressed that day. Soon enough you were contacted by another small city. This one filled with a history of the best QB’s to ever play the game. They were inspired not by your TD’s, but by your confidence and smarts and a good raising mixed with an innate ability to overcome extreme adversity.
On draft day you got the Official call from the Green Bay FO. While many others were reeling and confused.. you were a gift all along. A special present, Packaged in simple, non flashy and nondescript wrapping, but the most valuable gift of all that year.
See.
No, God made sure that you, Jordan Love, did not come all this way for nothing. Imagine that, a God with the power to blow an entire Universe into existence, but tender and kind enough to take the time to know each of us, even when we try to hide.

Jordan. Win or Lose Saturday and it’s immaterial. You are our QB and thank God you were sent. We don’t know what we did to deserve 3 in a Row, but we do know how fun you are to watch. Go get us a Win Brother Love!

I’ve always thought the GB video crews should put something together on Love and Reed. Both have dads that sadly are gone and both were set to quit…

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

I think it was New England that had shown considerable interest in Love.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
He obviously traded up to get Love and by doing so, by default, we can conclude that he thought someone ahead of him would take Love before the Packers slotted pick. Also, there are some that have insinuated that Love would have still been available for the Packers to pick in the second round.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"Among teams doing varying levels of homework on Love, according to sources: Miami Dolphins, New Orleans Saints, New England Patriots, Los Angeles Chargers, Green Bay Packers and Washington Redskins, among several others,"