2018-19 Roster Moves (confirmed only)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It does seem like that, but it's happened to new guys, old guys, guys changing positions, pretty much everyone. How do you fix it?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It does seem like that, but it's happened to new guys, old guys, guys changing positions, pretty much everyone. How do you fix it?

Seems like drafting and developing isn't fully working, so if you want to fix it, looks like you have to spend some money and to do that, budget for it.

As of today, the Packers are spending 3.39% ($5.233 M) of their cap on the CB position, that accounts for 6 guys, half of whom were UDFA's. Most teams are spending that on at least one or more of their CB's.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like drafting and developing isn't fully working, so if you want to fix it, looks like you have to spend some money and to do that, budget for it.

As of today, the Packers are spending 3.39% ($5.233 M) of their cap on the CB position, that accounts for 6 guys, half of whom were UDFA's. Most teams are spending that on at least one or more of their CB's.
and that hasn't always been the case either. There are a few things that have happened that have got us here and I'm also sure it's not going to stay like that either. But no matter what they do, if they all end up as hurt as we've been the past 2 seasons back there, did you fix anything?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
and that hasn't always been the case either. There are a few things that have happened that have got us here and I'm also sure it's not going to stay like that either. But no matter what they do, if they all end up as hurt as we've been the past 2 seasons back there, did you fix anything?

Well it's March 16, using injuries as an excuse for depleted CB position might work in November, but come on man!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and we're only 2 days into FA and have a draft and camp cuts and everything else yet to go. I'm not making any excuses, how did you arrive at that conclusion?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
and we're only 2 days into FA and have a draft and camp cuts and everything else yet to go. I'm not making any excuses, how did you arrive at that conclusion?

I was poking fun at you because you and I butted heads about this over the last few seasons in Sept/Oct. concerning both the RB position and the CB position as it got decimated by poor play and injuries. You argued back then that a team can't predict these mass injuries at one position, nor stock their roster deep enough to cover them and there was no way to find a guy now this late in the season.

So yeah, its March and really the 5th day of Free Agency and even Gute appears to be sitting on his hands with what has to be the crappiest group of CB's in the league.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was poking fun at you because you and I butted heads about this over the last few seasons in Sept/Oct. concerning both the RB position and the CB position as it got decimated by poor play and injuries. You argued back then that a team can't predict these mass injuries at one position, nor stock their roster deep enough to cover them and there was no way to find a guy now this late in the season.

So yeah, its March and really the 5th day of Free Agency and even Gute appears to be sitting on his hands with what has to be the crappiest group of CB's in the league.
you stop poking fun at me, why are you always picking on the fat kid?

oh, and my 5's look like 2's

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the premium CBs were claimed before free agency even started. Now we are trying to steal the bears young guys for 14 mil a year.....? I think the desperation has a smell... Nevermind dog farted.

If we decide to go rookies... I'm OK. Newsome/Evans was a great duo helped bring a Superbowl to GB. Traded Evans to panthers who made him like a 10 time pro bowler....ugh... and Newsome blew an acl and never was the same.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clark has a long way to go in his route running. I'm not seeing him as a #2 wideout this season. After that? Who knows?
Who is a #2 though? Maybe they are banking on Ridley being available at #14. Adams, Cobb, and a TE who is ineffective outside of the red zone is a pretty underwhelming receiving group.

H

HardRightEdge

Who is a #2 though? Maybe they are banking on Ridley being available at #14. Adams, Cobb, and a TE who is ineffective outside of the red zone is a pretty underwhelming receiving group.
The cap tied up in Adams, Cobb and Graham suggests to me they have maxed out the budget for the receiver position group. Or if they do draft Ridley then Cobb would be released with that cap savings applied elsewhere.

I'd expect a CB based on the current roster. Maybe in the second round as well.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Possibly draft a quick runner for #2? We lack anyone even close to Jordy's peak speed in the team. Would help the vertical stretch considerably.

Or we can always play the eternal god of football Jeff Janis for WR2 :sneaky:

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL...yes, because the other 4 seasons weren't enough to make a determination of his skills at WR. :confused:

Come on, it's Janis. You know he deserves it. Your heart wants it. Secret fantasy of every packer fan. There's a bunch us ready to dance in Lambeau wearing tutu's if he comes good. Go Janis!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Come on, it's Janis. You know he deserves it. Your heart wants it. Secret fantasy of every packer fan. There's a bunch us ready to dance in Lambeau wearing tutu's if he comes good. Go Janis!

If we are pinning our hopes of a Super Bowl with Janis as our #2 WR....just shoot me now! :coffee:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm happy to see the return of the 2-way player in the NFL. Specialization is for *******

We need more Chuck "Concrete" Bednarik's!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Of course with today's agents, they would expect double pay and double commission!

Members online

Latest posts