2017 Draft/FA Needs

sdh09e44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw a report Trumiane Johnson is being shopped by the Rams. He was just tagged so I have no idea why or if this is true.
But he was the guy I wanted the most. Solid solid player.

Also not sure what LA would expect in a trade. Not really much leverage in trading a guy who is either going to play under a 14 mil cap hit with the tag or have to sign a long term deal. They won't get much trade wise

H

HardRightEdge

Saw a report Trumiane Johnson is being shopped by the Rams. He was just tagged so I have no idea why or if this is true.
But he was the guy I wanted the most. Solid solid player.

Also not sure what LA would expect in a trade. Not really much leverage in trading a guy who is either going to play under a 14 mil cap hit with the tag or have to sign a long term deal. They won't get much trade wise
The franchise tag for Trumaine Johson is $16.75 mil.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/3/1/14761840/2017-nfl-franchise-tag-deadline-tracker-free-agency

So, the Rams expect somebody else to come to terms on a long term deal when they could not, while that other team would have to give something in trade to boot? It's not like the Rams think the market has overpriced him or they would not have paid the guy that kind of money for one year in the first place.

This does not make much sense. But if it did, the Packers are not going to bite.

Johnson's may be looking for something like 5 years, $65 mil. Second contract #1 CBs keep moving higher up the pay scale.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see the Packers needing to get somewhat busy in this years draft with OL picks. With the possibility of Lang and Tretter being gone this year, along with Lindsley and Taylor's contracts being up at the end of 2017, that could leave the Packers with Bulaga, Bahk and Spriggs as the only O-lineman with much experience under contract. Hopefully, Murphy, Patrick and Flores are being brought along quickly. The Packers might be smart to extend Taylor sooner than later, before his asking price goes sky high.

I agree with this to a point. The first. I really do think this is treading toward the Forrest pick. I think both Lang and Tretter walk. I also believe finally Cobb will be gone. But this will free up space and cap room, in what we think would be use toward a top CB, nope, thry will bring back House and Hyde will be resigned. The money will be used elsewhere. I do think we could shock some people and draft up and get McCaffery... Alright who am I kidding it started out promising but faltered. It is Ted I have no idea what will happen.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really have no idea why a lot of fans believe the Packers will release Cobb. I'm absolutely convinced he will be on the team's roster next season.

He's not going anywhere. It's just that time of year, man. Brace yourself and wait for the storm to blow over.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Also I can sleep just fine knowing the Packers ate some dead money with Matthews with all the **** I pay for.

I dont think its gonna cause the franchise to go belly up.
You keep mentioning the franchise having enough money and not going broke. Non of this has anything to do with the Packer's financial situation per se. It's ALL about current and future salary cap ramifications.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
He's not going anywhere. It's just that time of year, man. Brace yourself and wait for the storm to blow over.
Lol, this could be a long and epic storm. Noah's only lasted 40 days. I think this one looks bigger on radar.:)

jdubb66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a can't miss dude. He'll be a star in the league. Hope the Pakers take a good look at him.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts