• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Weston Hodkiewicz tweets that he's an idiot and read his text messages wrong, Alonzo Harris hasn't been cut.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i havnt seen the last 2 games, but harris looked the best to me, up to that point. big guy who makes plays. just needs to look the ball into his hands...

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Center Garth Gerhart, who was on the active roster all of last season, has been cut as well.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Isn't this a no brainer??

If James Jones is willing to sign with GB, I think it would be a mistake not to pursue him. Minimal investment for maximum familiarity of AR and the Packer system of any available wide receivers. Sure Miles had a good last preseason game against guys who probably are no longer with the Saints, but I will take Jones over White any day.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Of the three vying for the #3 RB spot, I liked Harris running the ball the best but thought his two drops doomed him. I too am surprised they didn’t pick Neal – that was the obvious choice IMO. BTW, even though it may have been just because it was preseason, I liked the flare and screen passes to RBs – maybe a little more of an emphasis on that will be a difference in play calling Clements brings. That really burdens a D trying to get pressure on Rodgers.

By the way, if they do sign Jones, White could still be the #6.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers are waving WR Larry Pinkard injured. Suffered AC joint sprain (same injury as Cobb) on Thursday vs. Saints.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

DL Khyri Thornton the latest cut by the Packers.

Last edited by a moderator:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Weston Hodkiewicz tweets that he's an idiot and read his text messages wrong, Alonzo Harris hasn't been cut.

Weston needs to be more careful and read his info more carefully before rushing to post it, I don't know how you mistake Alonzo Harris' name with anyone else on the roster. You're messing with people's lives here.

H

HardRightEdge

I really don't think GMs draft players with the idea of trading them for draft picks later on down the road.
I believe this thinking, now and during the endless "trade Flynn" dicussions, derives from two sources:

1) A comment Ron Wolf made once to the effect that you can't develop enough good QBs because even if you can't use them all you can trade one.

2) Wolf did exactly that when he traded Hasselbeck to Holmgren/Seattle in 2001 after 2 years and 29 throws sitting on the bench behind Favre. The Packers got a 3rd. round pick, while giving up one slot in the 1st. round as the Seahawks swapped their 10th. overall pick for the Packers 9th.

So, if McCarthy leaves after 2016 to take a GM/HC job on a lousy team with no QB, then maybe a Hundley trade would be worked out.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

DL Christian Ringo released. Packers will enter week 1 with five defensive linemen.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only if they read tweets, and then they deserve it. :)

What I'm saying though is that information can easily get back to the player and his family and obviously can put them on an emotional roller coaster til they figure out what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts