2012 Season

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the draft and free agency aren't here yet.
But, seriously, what difference did our free agent class and draft class make to our record last year?
Maybe Cobb won us one game though, the opener.
There will be a few big free agent changes around the league, of course Manning to Arizona or Denver, Miami or Kansas City.

It sounds like Denver and Arizona are the two front runners.
I will project him (and Reggie Wayne) to Arizona because I think he should go there, and I do not want to displace Tebow from Denver.

So I'm bored and wanted to look ahead to the upcoming season.

My predictions:

NFC NORTH
Packers 13-3
*Lions 11-5
Bears 10-6
Vikings 2-14

NFC SOUTH
Saints 12-4
Falcons 10-6
Bucs 5-11
Panthers 5-11

NFC EAST
Eagles 11-5
*Cowboys 10-6
Giants 9-7
Redskins 5-11

NFC WEST
49ers 11-5
Cardinals 10-6
Seahawks 6-10
Rams 3-13

AFC NORTH
Ravens 12-4
*Steelers 11-5
Bengals 7-9
Browns 4-12

AFC SOUTH
Texans 11-5
Titans 8-8
Jaguars 3-13
Colts 2-14

AFC EAST
Patriots 14-2
Jets 9-7
Dolphins 8-8
Bills 6-10

AFC WEST
Chargers 10-6
*Raiders 9-7
Chiefs 7-9
Broncos 6-10
I don't think RG3 or Luck will lead to many new wins.
Cam Newton had a historical rookie season last year, but it didn't translate to a lot of wins.
Same with Ponter, Gabbert, Locker, etc.

I think Manning will help the Cardinals a lot more.
I think the Broncos will take a step back.

There are always a few BIG surprises, both up and down, and I don't have those up there really.
Last year the 49ers almost got the NFC #1 seed, out of nowhere.

I suppose there could be a team outta the AFC West that has a great record if things go their way.
Carolina could win more games too.

By the way, I'd rather us play a warm road playoff game than in our ice climate.
What does anyone else see?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
NFC North

Lions 11-5
Packers 10-6
Chicago 8-8
Minnesota 7-9

Packers aren't going no where if their defense is ranked 32nd overall again, and against a much tougher schedule. I don't have high expectations to be honest. This may be the National Offensive Passing League, but defense still matters, some what. It may come down to a race between Detroit and Green Bay, but the Packers seem to play 100% better when I doubt them, so I am doubting them right now, and hoping they make me pay for it and blow past this schedule.

NFC East

Dallas 10-6
Philadelphia 10-6
New York Giants 8-8
Washington 3-13

RGIII is going to be a major bust. The writing was on the wall just watching the pathetic teams Baylor played, and if you play for Dan Synder, no matter how rich you are going to be, you are bound to get sacked a lot and turn the ball over all the time. I pick Dallas and Philly as a tie for that division that will come down to who ever wins the most divisional games. The Giants overall had no business being in the Super Bowl at 9-7, and I do not think they make the playoffs this up coming season.

NFC West

San Francisco 9-7
Seattle 9-7
St. Louis 8-8
Arizona 7-9

I look for this to toughen up between the West. The 49ers have to prove last year was not a fluke with Smith average at best, and the offense lacking to put up points (Reason they lost the NFC Championship, they didn't score enough). I think their defense may show some exposure of weakness. Seattle looked like a strong finishing team last year. I have no hope at all in Arizona.

NFC South

New Orleans 11-5
Carolina 10-6
Atlanta 7-9
Tampa Bay 5-11

I think the Saints are going to suffer some set backs. Right now it don't look like Colston is coming back since they are trying to replace him with Randy Moss. They surely did screw Brees on his contract, and I look for them to have some rebuilding on defense under Spagnola, but one year is not going to fix everything and adjust. Atlanta will remain overrated as usual, but look at Carolina. That team is almost made. They have their quarterback, and a defensive minded coach. If they had a defense, they'd easily be a playoff team. I really would not be shocked if Carolina wins the division, I just feel like something is really wrong with the Saints. It's like a failure waiting to happen with them ******** Brees, and now bringing in Randy Moss as a replacement to Colston.

AFC North

Baltimore 13-3
Cincinnati 10-6
Pittsburgh 10-6
Cleveland 3-13

Same old same old up here, but I think Baltimore sweeps Pittsburgh again, just for the fun of it, I am picking the Bengals to be a wild card again.

AFC East

Patriots 11-5
Dolphins 9-7
Jets 8-8
Bills 7-9

Nothing changes in this division, including the Jets after extended Sanchez' contract, and the Dolphins really need some work before they are a playoff team, still not sold on them.

AFC West
Raiders 9-7
Chargers 9-7
Chiefs 8-8
Broncos 5-11

No Tebow magic this year, and of course the Chargers fans will be screaming Fire Norv Turner when they lose 4 in a row again. I'm only picking the Raiders out of curiosity, as they are the team I'd love to see win the division.

AFC South
Texans 13-3
Titans 7-9
Jaguars 5-11
Colts 3-13

I think I am going to call it in Indianapolis and say Jim Irsay is making all the wrong moves. Luck should be on the bench while Peyton is playing to give him a few years to learn from watching, and getting rid of all your key players and not some of them, is bound to bite them back. I am in full support of seeing Houston make a Super Bowl run if Schuab is healthy and that defense continues to impress.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We should wait and see what the fall out will be from the recent Saint's bounty thing before making any predictions.
Could Drew go to another team?
Will key players be suspended for a season or just a few games?
Frankly, I hope the punishment will lead to the Saints having a losing season.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the games against the Giants, Saints, San Franciso and Texans could go either way. I predict we'll split with Chicago and Detroit, winning our two home games, but losing both away games. At worst I think we go 10-6 and earn a wild card spot, at best we go 14-2 and have the top seed in the NFC again.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm bored as well. So, I added up all of the wins, and then added up all of the losses. Shouldn't they equal each other?

Just wondering...

Both of your predictions...

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm bored as well. So, I added up all of the wins, and then added up all of the losses. Shouldn't they equal each other?

Just wondering...

Both of your predictions...
Holy **** Frank Helmets!
I wasn't THAT bored, LOL.
Yes they should equal each other in a perfect world.

Did I have more W's or L's across the board?
I could always add some losses to the Vikings.
I cannot imagine them winning more than 4 games with that team.
Adrian Peterson is never gonna be THE Adrian Peterson we used to know.
I think they go 1-5 vs the division AT BEST.

If I have too many L's, add a few W's to the Packers.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My Super Bowl forecast:

Packers 37
Patriots 27

Super Bowl 31 rematch, finally.
Last time we got them in New Orleans.
Same site this time.