2012 Season Opener

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Several analysts say it's reasonable to believe Giants will host the Packers next year in a "last two Champions" format again. What do you guys think about that. Hopefully we exact revenge in a national audience and dent their hopes in 2012. Then again, if our defense continues its pathetic streak, we might be embarrassed. :/

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Several analysts say it's reasonable to believe Giants will host the Packers next year in a "last two Champions" format again. What do you guys think about that. Hopefully we exact revenge in a national audience and dent their hopes in 2012. Then again, if our defense continues its pathetic streak, we might be embarrassed. :/
Bring it on.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that playing the Gaints in week 1 will make very little difference in the final outcome of the season, regardless of who wins.
We learned that, AGAIN.

The Giants have proven it 2 times in the past 5 seasons.
We proved it 2 times in the past 2 seasons, or 3 times in the past 5 seasons.
The regular season results mean NOTHING once they tee em up fresh in the playoffs.

We got LUCKY to make it into the playoffs last season, NEEDING the Lions to break their 2-year long road losing streak by beating a 10-5 team in their place. And we got it, and it took a bad call by the zebra to help the Lions that game.

The Giants got LUCKY to make it into the playoffs this year. Dallas had them beaten. Dallas also had Arizona beaten but Cowboy coach iced his own kicker.

We beat the Giants in regular season games in both 2007 and 2011, only to lose to them in the playoffs.
We lost at Atlanta during the regular season of 2010, only to hammer them in the playoffs later.

But this game will be a great opener, matching the past 2 Super Bowl champions, just like our hosting the Saints did this season.

Home teams usually win these games.
We will change that, and put our stamp right back up there as THE team to beat.

We will have some new guys on defense who can pressure the QB, and hopefully we will learn how to cover WRs by then.
And hopefully we have #36 back, please please please...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, that's fine. We'll end the streak of defending Super Bowl champions winning the season opener.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
We learned that, AGAIN.

The Giants have proven it 2 times in the past 5 seasons.
We proved it 2 times in the past 2 seasons, or 3 times in the past 5 seasons.
The regular season results mean NOTHING once they tee em up fresh in the playoffs.

We got LUCKY to make it into the playoffs last season, NEEDING the Lions to break their 2-year long road losing streak by beating a 10-5 team in their place. And we got it, and it took a bad call by the zebra to help the Lions that game.

The Giants got LUCKY to make it into the playoffs this year. Dallas had them beaten. Dallas also had Arizona beaten but Cowboy coach iced his own kicker.

We beat the Giants in regular season games in both 2007 and 2011, only to lose to them in the playoffs.
We lost at Atlanta during the regular season of 2010, only to hammer them in the playoffs later.

But this game will be a great opener, matching the past 2 Super Bowl champions, just like our hosting the Saints did this season.

Home teams usually win these games.
We will change that, and put our stamp right back up there as THE team to beat.

We will have some new guys on defense who can pressure the QB, and hopefully we will learn how to cover WRs by then.
And hopefully we have #36 back, please please please...
Sometimes in life its better to be lucky than good. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
You know ever since the league started having the Super Bowl winners as the opening game on a thursday night kick off, the home team is undefeated in those games. Even more so, home team has won the opening kick off game for the last 9 years.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got no problem what soever with taking on the Giants the first week. Make it interesting. Packers play better as underdogs in big games anyway

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I WANT THIS GAME.

I know the stats about Super Bowl Champs winning the opening game of the season, but I don't care. Let's get right back to winning by beating the team that ended our season.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
The Giants always get off to a slow start. I think we'll win this game.

Reaction score
Only way to somewhat get over that loss is to hurry up and kick their bottoms in their own house on opening night....

not just that, but lay out some of their dudes.... run up the score, send a message, go on a warpath.

hope we get some dudes to compliment Clay Matthews so we can beat up on Eli like the 49ers did in the NFC title game...

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Only way to somewhat get over that loss is to hurry up and kick their bottoms in their own house on opening night....

not just that, but lay out some of their dudes.... run up the score, send a message, go on a warpath.

hope we get some dudes to compliment Clay Matthews so we can beat up on Eli like the 49ers did in the NFC title game...

I want that 9er's defense. I'd trade an entire draft class for their linebackers

Matthew, Aldon Smith, Bowman and Willis. Damn.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
If this game happens then I hope the Giants don't post Rodgers' comments from yesterday all over the place. I think they would.

I also hope they don't pick the Packers to be in this game. Give them the Skins again or something. They always get the crappy Redskins to start the year it seems. Eagles would work too.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts