1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

# 2 Pick From ProFootballTalk

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by Pack93z, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    SAINTS TO TRADE NO. 2 PICK

As a follow-up to the report that the Saints have signed quarterback Drew Brees, Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that the Saints will now attempt to trade away the No. 2 overall pick in the draft.

This development contradicts rumblings we'd previously heard regarding the Saints' interest in Brees as a caddy for whomever they select in the two hole. Instead, Brees is the guy. The new Aaron Brooks. The next fleur-de-lis wearing flame-thrower in a long line that features . . . um . . . Bobby Hebert . . . Archie Manning . . . Chris Everett . . . .

The Saints could swap with the Jets, allowing them to get their pick of the rookie quarterbacks. But it's not clear that the Jets would draft a quarterback in round one, given their retention of Chad Pennington and the efforts to acquire Patrick Ramsey.

Other teams that might try to trade up include the Raiders, the Lions, and the Vikings.

2. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Look for the queenies to try to trade up. They got that extra #2 pick for Culpepper but it would take alot for them to move up that far. Childress is a disciple of Reid who is a disciple of Holmy. Holmy and Reid got a young QB to build the team around in their first seasons. Look for Childress to do the same.

3. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    DePack, my understanding is that it is a 2007 2nd rounder. Not much leverage to try to move up this year.

Talk about deferred gratification!!

4. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Wow...really? So they get nothing this season for him? I guess that's fair. The Dolphins got nothing in return :lol:

5. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No it's a 2006 2nd rounder.. Minnesota is already said to be looking to use it to trade up.

6. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Detroit just signed John Kitna, with Harrington still there I think they are out of the qb race.

7. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm starting to fear that Mario Williams won't be available at #5. Oh well, A.J. Hawk is a stud too.

8. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well we already have on Williams on board Harry "magic hands" Williams, the best receiver since Don Hutson played the game,, so wy should we get another Williams, specially when this guy Mario will ask a lot of $$$ maybe we can trade that pick for lets say 20-25 7th rounders, one for every draft beggining this one and ending in 2030 this will give TTT more draft picks and the most important CHEAP ones

9. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yeh this is quite scary im think that mario will be gone at 5 oh well AJ AJ AJ AJ AJ