32 1st round trades ESPN Mock

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
OK so ESPN click bait artist needed something a few days ago. Came up with a trade for all 32 picks. Each stands alone so Jax can trade the top spot 4 times for example. Each one is judged separately. The Packer angles:
At #9 -- Seahawks get: 1-28, 2-59, QB Jordan Love ; Packers get: 1-9
"Trading for Love would give the Seahawks a passer with two years left on his rookie deal and an essentially blank slate ... This deal values Love as being worth the 52nd pick in a typical draft ... Getting into the top 10 would get the Packers ahead of the Jets, Commanders, Eagles and Saints, all of whom could consider a wide receiver."
At #22, a three way deal --
Packers get: WR Chase Claypool (from Steelers), 4-114 (from Falcons) ; Steelers get: 1-8, 6-190 (from Falcons); Falcons get: 1-20 (from Steelers), 1-22 (from Packers)
"Let's start with the Packers, who add a valuable young receiver set to make just $2.7 million combined over the next two seasons ... The Falcons need to amass draft capital ... the Steelers sacrifice Claypool and the No. 20 pick to move up and get their quarterback of the future."
At #28 --
Packers get: 1-21, 3-85, WR N'Keal Harry ; Patriots get: 1-28, 2-59
"Gutekunst has extra picks in the first, second and fourth rounds, so Green Bay has more draft capital than most teams if it wants to be selective. It can move up here, draft a wide receiver with one of its two first-round picks and simultaneously take a flier on Harry ... New England would get another one of the second-round picks Belichick loves while remaining in position to address the offensive line or secondary at No. 28."

I don't know if the WRs mentioned are worth the value to move down.
I don't mind the 3rd one if the player is at or better than Lazard. Move up in the first, get a "free" WR and a mid 3rd for the cost of a late 2nd.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would take the Claypool trade. I would consider the N.E. trade but probably pass. A hard no on the Seattle trade.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the Seahawks trade is about the right value assigned to Love in the deal IMO BUT that is giving up just an ignorant amount of picks if targeting a WR IMO. That type of trade up should be reserved for a QB only type franchise move IMO…. or a CB or Edge guy that you honest to God bet is a HOFer I could also MAYBE be convinced of.

The Nkeal deal isn’t a terrible one if honest. It is a case of giving a young guy a new system that illustrated a lot of promise in past and it never fully clicked it seems. Would boil down to how confident our guys are in what they felt Nkeal was.

Reaction score
So the Seahawks trade is about the right value assigned to Love in the deal IMO BUT that is giving up just an ignorant amount of picks if targeting a WR IMO. That type of trade up should be reserved for a QB only type franchise move IMO…. or a CB or Edge guy that you honest to God bet is a HOFer I could also MAYBE be convinced of.

The Nkeal deal isn’t a terrible one if honest. It is a case of giving a young guy a new system that illustrated a lot of promise in past and it never fully clicked it seems. Would boil down to how confident our guys are in what they felt Nkeal was.
I agree I really wouldn’t want us to trade anything but maybe to move up 3-5 spots at most in Day 1.
imo that slight movement would be enough to compensate for an increased demand and solidify our choice.

I think we have a group of 5-6 upper echelon WR’s ranked between 10-32 overall in most years overall that might be gone by our second selection, due to some increase demand + WR needy teams

I’m hoping we just get our main guy early in. But I wouldn’t want to trade up past #17 overall area tops for a WR anything past that is too much risk. We can get a great one at 22

Another option is just trading will Bill for back to back 21,22,selections. That solves a lot without getting too ugly collateral wise.

Last edited:

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That Seattle one would be horrible. Don't like any of them, but that one sticks out in it's level of awfulness.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely positively do not trade up. I don't care if they get K. Austin or Doubs at #132 then Drummond, V.Jones, Dixon or Phillips at #171 and then maybe Toure or Roberson in the 7th round. Imagine all of the other spots that could be improved with the 1st 5 picks.

Reaction score
Absolutely positively do not trade up. I don't care if they get K. Austin or Doubs at #132 then Drummond, V.Jones, Dixon or Phillips at #171 and then maybe Toure or Roberson in the 7th round. Imagine all of the other spots that could be improved with the 1st 5 picks.
I know. Yet it’s fun to think about us getting Rodgers stocked with some primo WR’s

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phillips is more deserving of a top 100 pick than flirting with 150. Dude May very well be one of the best route runners in the draft honestly.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the most part I agree with you but I am not as adamant about it. I really like the 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and how they could improve the team as well but I'm with Oldschool. I'm not sure what it would take to move up from say 22 to 18 or 19 or from 28 to 25 but if it means getting a guy Gute really likes I'd be fine with that. Some of you have your own boards and think there may be no difference between this guy and that guy or the other guy so if we stand pat and get one of them you are fine with it. No offense to any of you but the only board that concerns me is Gute's. If he is sitting there at 22 and his last 1st round WR is 3 picks away and no one else is comparable I wouldn't mind giving up a bit to get him.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd probably take all three then try to trade back down out of #9 with someone desperate lol

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one trade I would make is to trade 22 and 59 to move to 13 if Williams is on the board. I think he is the best WR and a top 5 talent.

Members online

Latest posts