1st Round Pick Possibilities

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Early look at some projected "late 1st/early 2nd" round picks.

Jaylen Waddle WR Alabama - Kind of similar to Cobb but has drawn comparisons to Tyreek Hill.. .would be a HUGE game changer.

DeVonta Smith WR Alabama - Kind of a "thin/skinny" build which is his big knock.. He's 6'0 - 6'1 and only like 170lbs lol. Seems pretty polished. Maybe a Donald Driver type who can do everything well, but very thin.

Jayce Horn CB South Carolina - Good size/speed combo and fits well in press man coverage. Pairing him with J'Aire would be awesome. His dad was Joe Horn of the Saints

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Early look at some projected "late 1st/early 2nd" round picks.

Jaylen Waddle WR Alabama - Kind of similar to Cobb but has drawn comparisons to Tyreek Hill.. .would be a HUGE game changer.

DeVonta Smith WR Alabama - Kind of a "thin/skinny" build which is his big knock.. He's 6'0 - 6'1 and only like 170lbs lol. Seems pretty polished. Maybe a Donald Driver type who can do everything well, but very thin.

Jayce Horn CB South Carolina - Good size/speed combo and fits well in press man coverage. Pairing him with J'Aire would be awesome. His dad was Joe Horn of the Saints

None of those will be there when we pick.

Also use the draft specific area, love to have ya join in all the discussions over there.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jaylen Waddle vastly outperformed the Heisman Trophy winner when he was healthy. He won’t be near our pick. Smith probably won’t be either. Horn has a chance, but it’s unlikely.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At 29th, we pretty much are taking what's left over, with guys who probably have solid Day 2 Grades possibly getting selected.

I know it's not the sexiest pick but there are projections of as many as 8 OTs being selected. After the folding of the OL in the NFCCG I'd probably take a peek at the Top 10 OTs and see who might possibly be leftover.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At 29th, we pretty much are taking what's left over, with guys who probably have solid Day 2 Grades possibly getting selected.

I know it's not the sexiest pick but there are projections of as many as 8 OTs being selected. After the folding of the OL in the NFCCG I'd probably take a peek at the Top 10 OTs and see who might possibly be leftover.

I'll share my present OT rankings below...I'm noticeably more critical on Leatherwood than most. I don't think 8 go in the first round, I do think 8-10 go in Top 50 however.

Slater
Sewell
Darrisaw
Mayfield
Eichenberg
Cosmi
Carman
Radunz
Jenkins
Leatherwood
Little
Meinerz
Christensen
Jaimes
Brown
Hainsey
Jackson
Volson
Ealy
Ball
Petrula

The one position of need we arguably have a chance at the best or at minimum Top 3 is interior Defensive Line. However, for me it is a position I am struggling mightedly trying to figure how just who is the cream of the crop - I love a ton of them.

General concensus seems to peg Barmore as the best, but man there are aspects to love about Nixon, Onwuzurike, Tuipulotu, McNeill, Wilson and the senior bowl wrecker Osa Odighizuwa...needless to say should we choose to stay at #29 (I'm a fan of sliding back to gain 4 picks in top 100 in this draft) iDL is one we could have the pick of the cream on top.

Slot/Gadget WR is also another one we could potentially see Toney and Moore both there - who seem to be the concensus slot/gadget weapons in the draft.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Hopeful to Fall 1st Round Pick Possibilities (In order of my Packers big board- Assuming they do not move up)
1. Kwity Paye, Edge
2. Caleb Farley, CB
3. Jaycee Horn, CB
4. Wyatt Davis, iOL
5. Rashan Slater, C/OG
6. Najee Harris, RB
7. Zaven Collins, LB
8. Terrace Marshall, WR

Realistic 1st Round Pick Possibilities (In order of my Packers big board- Assuming they do not move up and all of the above are taken)
1. Jalen Mayfield, OT
2. Gregory Rousseau, Edge
3. Liam Eichenberg, OT
4. Creed Humphrey, iOL
5. Joseph Ossai, Edge
6. Christian Barmore, iDL
7. Samuel Cosi, OT
8. Eric Stokes, CB
9. Kadarius Toney, WR
10. Rashod Bateman, WR

Guys you move up for given the opportunity (no particular order)
1. Alijah Vera-Tucker, iOL
2. Patrick Surtain, CB
3. Caleb Farley, CB
4. Rashan Slater, iOL
5. Kwity Paye, Edge
6. Ja'Marr Chase, DeVonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle I want to say move up for, but I also do not want to justify what the team would lose to get one of those guys. Move up for the best Center, CB or pass rusher.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is a fair list there at the end except I'd remove the WRs. I am only moving up to a spot #20-#28, if a guy Gute and Co or me if I'm placing myself in the drafting shoes , if a guy drops beyond where they should according to board.

As for skilled guys I personally want to hold off pulling the trigger till the middle second to first couple picks of the 3rd. Amari, Tylan, Nico, and few other WRs are likely to still be there and with our compensatory picks coming next draft with Linsley and Jones for sure getting large contract deals, King perhaps a decent sized one I say use our 2nd or a 3rd or a 4th to push another pick this draft.

Members online

Latest posts