10 Questions from Frank

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was going to create a thread with just this:

1) Any chance we've been saving big James Starks in hopes of making it to San Francisco, where McCarthy will want his biggest, physical back who helped win the Super Bowl 2 years ago, running hard in Philly, Chicago, vs Pittsburgh? San Fran is a big ole strong physical defense.

2) Are we worried about Jordy & his ankle or hamstring? For a thoroughbred WR like him, he has to be 98% or better... speed is crucial to the Vanilla Gorilla getting past those DBs.

3) Marshall Newhouse has done a fine job on an injured Jared Allen lately. But Aldon Smith is a terror and fast terror off the edge. He got Rodgers in week one, and we've seen Newhouse have nightmare games (at KC vs Tamba Hali last year) and vs the Giants to ruin our season (vs Jason Pierre Paul) against super fast edge rushers. Could this, once again, be the leak on the damn that proves too much to overcome? If you stop Rodgers, we're dead.

4) Do you think 2011 1st round OT Derek Sherrod will ever start a game for us again?

5) What about Andrew Quarless? Will he ever contribute to our passing game again?

6) Where has Alex Green been? I thought we were leaning on him... now dressed, I haven't seen him in a game for awhile.

7) Jermichael Finley.... why are fans still so ******* him? They called that a dropped pass in the end zone? That was an impossible catch almost, and he came close.

8) Mason Crosby seems off that broken track.
But how much would you wager on him from 46 yards out next week, with 1 second left on the clock with the Packers down 23-21? Just thinking about that scenario makes my stomach sick.....

9) We "stopped" Adrian Peterson last night? He still had over 5 a carry, which will beat teams usually. But Frank Gore has killed us too, and he's the only other RB to get over 100 vs us this year. The problem is they have a great TE who can get deep like a WR, unlike Finley, and they have an emerging stud at WR in Crabtree, Randy Moss who loves to beat us, and they have a QB who can run like Griffin or Russell Wilson.
Do you remember Ponder lighting us up for 37 last week at his place?
What do you expect from our defense this week against this 49er team who has had a full extra week to prepare for us, and who beat us 30-22 at our place this year?

Reaction score
10: Our Defense will do sort of mediocre ... there's probably gonna be some frustrating moments, like a WR wide open at some point or we allow a long drive ... I'm sure we'll do better than week 1 thou - so ...

I have no clue - I'm hoping Kaepernick just tanks it and has a Favre like Meltdown.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
No, yes, no, no, yes.
Green is the one they've been saving but I don't think it will work.
Finley's mouth (twitter) and ego turned people off. I have no problem with his "personality."
I never trust a kicker.
Gore 110 yards and 2 TD's, Kap 21-37 for 325, a pick, 2 TD's and 60 yards rushing. 4 sacks.

UpDownEndAround

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having Woodson is so critical so we have someone we can rely on to spy mobile QB's, ie: Kaepernick or Wilson. Outside of maybe Matthews, not a single LB would be able to keep up with them. We should be able to trust our top 3 CBs to play single coverage enough of the time so we can keep 8 in the box in order to stop their ground game. We don't force enough turnovers anymore, so even though we give up more yards and thus have a better overall defensive ranking, it's hard to know how much better overall this defensive is than last year. Getting those turnovers last year allowed the ball to be put back in Rodgers' hand and got our offense in rhythm and racking up insane stats. One could argue that last year's defense was actually more effective than this year's. Remember, it was our offense that turned the ball over 4 times in that playoff loss to the Giants, with the defense adding to that mess with the botched Hail Mary. With all that being said, this year's defense does feel more trustworthy and reliable than last, we'll see how they fare against someone who can actually throw the ball.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
1 Possibly, then again, Fox has given us the luxury of resting him.
2 Nah not really.
3 He could, we really struggle against speed rushers so we may need to give him some help, especially with Big Smith back. Remember, Aldon couldn get a sack on the CARDS without him.
4 Yes, though it may take a while.
5 I never liked him, so no.
6 IKR?! He was even active last week. I heard something about recovering from some scar tissue build up...
7 I have no idea, I pounded the books for him all year long. He's as underappreciated a player as any other on this team.
8 Reading that made me shudder
9 I expect discipline, effort, and maybe just enough production to give us a win. If we're lucky ;)
10 That makes 2 of us

I'm with Ivo, I initially thought we were supposed to ask YOU 10 questions. It was quite the disappointment when I read the thread

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
1. Tom Silverstein said in a chat that he thinks Starks will get some work on Saturday.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1) Any chance we've been saving big James Starks in hopes of making it to San Francisco, where McCarthy will want his biggest, physical back who helped win the Super Bowl 2 years ago, running hard in Philly, Chicago, vs Pittsburgh? San Fran is a big ole strong physical defense.

No... and to be honest you might not seem Starks again. Alex Green is still on his rookie contract and Harris has been very impressive so far. If the Packers draft a running back, Starks might be playing for anew team next year.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with Ivo, I initially thought we were supposed to ask YOU 10 questions. It was quite the disappointment when I read the thread
:roflmao:
I answer questions and make crazy statements all the time in every thread.....

I wonder if McCarthy goes Starks first next week with the thought that the 49ers will be preparing more for the little quick guy DuJuan Harris.

Harbaugh is a good coach. He's no Leslie Frazier or Lovie Smith.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score

2) Are we worried about Jordy & his ankle or hamstring? For a thoroughbred WR like him, he has to be 98% or better... speed is crucial to the Vanilla Gorilla getting past those DBs.

3) Marshall Newhouse has done a fine job on an injured Jared Allen lately. But Aldon Smith is a terror and fast terror off the edge. He got Rodgers in week one, and we've seen Newhouse have nightmare games (at KC vs Tamba Hali last year) and vs the Giants to ruin our season (vs Jason Pierre Paul) against super fast edge rushers. Could this, once again, be the leak on the damn that proves too much to overcome? If you stop Rodgers, we're dead.

4) Do you think 2011 1st round OT Derek Sherrod will ever start a game for us again?

5) What about Andrew Quarless? Will he ever contribute to our passing game again?

6) Where has Alex Green been? I thought we were leaning on him... now dressed, I haven't seen him in a game for awhile.

7) Jermichael Finley.... why are fans still so ******* him? They called that a dropped pass in the end zone? That was an impossible catch almost, and he came close.

8) Mason Crosby seems off that broken track.
But how much would you wager on him from 46 yards out next week, with 1 second left on the clock with the Packers down 23-21? Just thinking about that scenario makes my stomach sick.....

9) We "stopped" Adrian Peterson last night? He still had over 5 a carry, which will beat teams usually. But Frank Gore has killed us too, and he's the only other RB to get over 100 vs us this year. The problem is they have a great TE who can get deep like a WR, unlike Finley, and they have an emerging stud at WR in Crabtree, Randy Moss who loves to beat us, and they have a QB who can run like Griffin or Russell Wilson.
Do you remember Ponder lighting us up for 37 last week at his place?
What do you expect from our defense this week against this 49er team who has had a full extra week to prepare for us, and who beat us 30-22 at our place this year?

#1 - nope, starks is cooked turkey with the fork stuck in him
#2 - yes im worried, it has never fully healed.....lol @ vanilla gorilla
#3 - Newhouse will get worked like a $5 hooker on a Marine base, he will need blocking help (Grant)
#4- maybe, but the competition that is actually proven might hamper him
#5- maybe, hopefully
#6- with harris out there getting the job done, he may just be a depth guy
#7 fans are ******* his because he still acts like an *** clown after a 5 yd catch for a first down, and only more production and time will heal the wounds he made
#8- No wager on him from me, Im smarter than betting on a horse ready to go to a glue factory
#9 Peterson had 22 carries for 99 yds, thats 4.5 per carry, not over 5. Just FYI
#10 our defense will have a good game, but I see an air battle coming inbound

Members online

Latest posts