10/14/01: A day to remember & for the "experts&quot

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a fun game to watch. Favre really had to thread the needle on a lot of his passes that day because the recievers were covered so tightly on a lot of plays. It had the added bonus of putting Ray Lewis in his place. I remember Chris Berman and Ron Jaworski being impressed the way Favre and the Packers undressed that great defense.

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man after checking out the stats we are 6 and 0 verses any team that won or played in the superbowl the previous year. That means we play Philly this year, why end the streak now? Revenge time :Evil:

Gravedigger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember Genius II declaring Favre "Just another washed up fast-baller before that game." LMAO

It was great until the prevent let Cunningham go so wild it became just a bit worrisome towards the end.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Ravens demystified...

Gravedigger said:
I remember Genius II declaring Favre "Just another washed up fast-baller before that game." LMAO

That was hillarious!

It was great until the prevent let Cunningham go so wild it became just a bit worrisome towards the end.

Never a moments doubt, rather an irritating distraction from a thorough "***-whupinng."

It literally provided the blue print for the league to dismantle what was being called at the time an unbeatable defense.

They were never the same after that...[/b]

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's days like this that prove to me Sherm's loyalty to Rossley is not totally misplaced. I still don't like his playcalling at times, but he's one of the best gameplanners in the league.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
It's days like this that prove to me Sherm's loyalty to Rossley is not totally misplaced. I still don't like his play-calling at times, but he's one of the best game-planners in the league.
I partially agree here - but then I'm a bit dis-gruntled about the Eagles game where Rossley DROPPED the ball entirely with the "pass play" where Brett was intercepted because of a planned pass-rush the Eagles had been waiting ALL GAME to implement.... Rossley should have just left it as a running game and the Eagles would have never seen the ball at all for the rest of the game.

We move on to Carolina and another crack at Belicheck...
(I'm being redundant, but it's for good cause)
I felt 2003 was Brett's year for that 2nd SuperBowl - gee, thanks Rossley... appreciate it!

THIS YEAR, with Sherman calling more of the plays than Rossley, it should get better...
but you can damn sure tell when Rossley's callin' the play - he's pretty transparent..

Sherman's a better chess player IMHO..!

Members online

Latest posts