1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

10/14/01: A day to remember & for the "experts&quot

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Bruce, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  2. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That was a fun game to watch. Favre really had to thread the needle on a lot of his passes that day because the recievers were covered so tightly on a lot of plays. It had the added bonus of putting Ray Lewis in his place. I remember Chris Berman and Ron Jaworski being impressed the way Favre and the Packers undressed that great defense.

3. Cheezy

Cheezy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Man after checking out the stats we are 6 and 0 verses any team that won or played in the superbowl the previous year. That means we play Philly this year, why end the streak now? Revenge time :Evil:

4. Gravedigger

Gravedigger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I remember Genius II declaring Favre "Just another washed up fast-baller before that game." LMAO

It was great until the prevent let Cunningham go so wild it became just a bit worrisome towards the end.

5. Bruce

Bruce Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Ravens demystified...

That was hillarious!

Never a moments doubt, rather an irritating distraction from a thorough "***-whupinng."

It literally provided the blue print for the league to dismantle what was being called at the time an unbeatable defense.

They were never the same after that...[/b]

6. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's days like this that prove to me Sherm's loyalty to Rossley is not totally misplaced. I still don't like his playcalling at times, but he's one of the best gameplanners in the league.

7. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I partially agree here - but then I'm a bit dis-gruntled about the Eagles game where Rossley DROPPED the ball entirely with the "pass play" where Brett was intercepted because of a planned pass-rush the Eagles had been waiting ALL GAME to implement.... Rossley should have just left it as a running game and the Eagles would have never seen the ball at all for the rest of the game.

We move on to Carolina and another crack at Belicheck...
    (I'm being redundant, but it's for good cause)
    I felt 2003 was Brett's year for that 2nd SuperBowl - gee, thanks Rossley... appreciate it!

THIS YEAR, with Sherman calling more of the plays than Rossley, it should get better...
    but you can damn sure tell when Rossley's callin' the play - he's pretty transparent..

Sherman's a better chess player IMHO..!

8. IU_packfan

IU_packfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    boy i sure hope so, would love to see the pack put mcnabb, TO, and the eagles back in their place