WOW Driver Trading Brett was right decision

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Media day...He said it was the right decision, didnt think they would do it..Get to a point things have to change and have to move on

Question? What was the benfit of trading Brett

Answer; Look where we are at now..He was able to play with 2 great q/b and one got him to the SB

Never would expect DD to say that..Was it his true feelings, or Packer pr coaching?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Media day...He said it was the right decision, didnt think they would do it..Get to a point things have to change and have to move on

Answer; Look where we are at now..He was able to play with 2 great q/b and one got him to the SB

Never would expect DD to say that..Was it his true feelings, or Packer pr coaching?

I think it was true feelings. Driver has been in the league for a long time and is finally where he's always wanted to be. Look who got him there. I'd say the same thing too.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I honestly think that trading Favre was a good decision for the Packers - If Favre had stayed for the last few seasons, I think you woul dhave lost Rodgers to some other team, and would now be in a 4 or 5 year "rebuilding" phase while you try to find a starting franchise QB.

I think it was a smart move all around.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I really dont want the whole was it right or wrong move

Just Drivers comments..

I am surprised he said it, thats why I am wondering if it was pr coaching

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could of been either. But I think DD has been around long enough to be where he needs little pr coaching. He is a class act, he knows what to say and what not to. Therefore, I kind of think this comes from the heart. I think he knows enough not to say something like that if he doesn't mean it. If it was pr, why just DD, other players would of said something similar.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I really dont want the whole was it right or wrong move

Just Drivers comments..

I am surprised he said it, thats why I am wondering if it was pr coaching

Sorry if I went off-topic. I think, however, the whole idea of whether it was the right or wrong move is relevant to Driver's comments - I think he, along with many other long time members of the team, know they are where they are today because Favre left.

But again, since you want to control the topic so closely, I'll just bow out of the conversation.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry if I went off-topic. I think, however, the whole idea of whether it was the right or wrong move is relevant to Driver's comments - I think he, along with many other long time members of the team, know they are where they are today because Favre left.

But again, since you want to control the topic so closely, I'll just bow out of the conversation.

We have 1000000000000000000000000000 topics on that lol

thats why I want to concentrate just on his comments

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
uh oh... wait til OBF sees this. Too bad, they loved Driver, now they are just going to tear him apart for telling the truth.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No will say it was him cover his ***, and doing what the team told him to say

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Besides to busy posting on what Ted is doing or not doing..

and arguing that Rodgers went to media about the pic thing..Maybe should look at the interview and relize it was at his locker and the question was asked and he answered..He didnt go seaking out anyone

but hey, not like I am letting them get myself riled up ;) just wish they would research things 1st, before they state something as fact

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides to busy posting on what Ted is doing or not doing..

and arguing that Rodgers went to media about the pic thing..Maybe should look at the interview and relize it was at his locker and the question was asked and he answered..He didnt go seaking out anyone

but hey, not like I am letting them get myself riled up ;) just wish they would research things 1st, before they state something as fact

I seriously dont understand why they hate Rodgers. He was innocent in the whole thing. Cant blame him for getting drafted by the Packers. What was TT to do? Not prepare for the future because Favre was drunk on media attention?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Let me ask you. What is there about Donald Driver that suggests to you he has ever been anything other than completely honest?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
according to a post I saw on FB someone said Rodgers told Deion he hasnt heard from brett at all. Anyone surprised?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I seriously dont understand why they hate Rodgers. He was innocent in the whole thing. Cant blame him for getting drafted by the Packers. What was TT to do? Not prepare for the future because Favre was drunk on media attention?
Because they're irrational. Plain and simple.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea I was taken back a little on when I heard him say that...but, he's absolutely right...he played w 2 great QB's and one of them got him to a SUPERBOWL

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've probably seen the background stuff that is now coming out about DD. Right?
Him growing up homeless and selling drugs to get by.
Well, now he is miles from that. Thousands and thousands of miles.
So knowing that I don't see why he would need pr coaching.
I think he spoke from the heart and saw how Brett was being (In it for himself and not the team in his last years as a Packer. Blowing playoff games with INTs. etc etc.)
Rodgers had big shoes to fill and has not only filled them but has broken them in.
I think Donald has seen that and that is where he is speaking from.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he was genuine in his response. If anything, I detected a small but of animosity in his response. I don't know if he was annoyed at being asked more Favre questions (My God, when will it ever stop?), or if he was genuinely tired of Favre's wishy-washiness, but it seemed there was a bit of attitude in his response.

Any way, I love when Driver said it was the right move, confirming what we all know to be true. We don't need to speculate any more; We're in the friggin Super Bowl with Aaron Rodgers as our QB. Of course it was the right decision.

As for re-hashing the whole Favre drama, there's a ton of other forums for that. No need to turn this into one of those threads.

Staff online

Latest posts