Wk 14 Packers @ Browns - Beware The Trap Game

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
If Brett Hundley cannot beat the Browns, he officially becomes the worst QB to start a game in 2017, with Peterson a close second.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
If Brett Hundley cannot beat the Browns, he officially becomes the worst QB to start a game in 2017, with Peterson a close second.
Exaggerate much? What if it is 48-45 because the defense can't make a stop and the ST gives up return after return? He's not starter material but one game will not make him the worst ever. Besides is the odd week. Time for Good Brett to re-appear.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Exaggerate much? What if it is 48-45 because the defense can't make a stop and the ST gives up return after return? He's not starter material but one game will not make him the worst ever. Besides is the odd week. Time for Good Brett to re-appear.
Is calling him the worst QB to start a game in 2017 right now very far off? I do not think it is an exaggeration at all. Saying there is a chance our defense is so bad to give up 48 points to the Browns is quite the exaggeration considering they have not given up more than 31 points in a game. Brett Hundley is BAD, why is that so hard for Packers fans to accept?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a surprise move this week, the Packers sign up Johnny Football who then leads the Packers to a 86-3 (Gotta give them three points otherwise it's an impossible score) blowout which makes all the Browns coaches and personal cry themselves to sleep that night.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We play in the Factory of Sadness.
But who is the FoS really for in this game?
With Rodgers going out and showing the Pack as bad as they really are, yeah, I'm feeling the FoS for us this year.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well ... in a week-to-week league, this game may be the one trap game of the year. While on paper they may have the lowest point output in a long time, every team including the worst ones always seem to have that one game they just put it all out there and somehow walk home with the goods. And Hue Jackson wants to maintain his job by the end of the year guaranteed, and if the players still want him they're going to try and do all they can from here on out to keep him.

One thing is for sure that while Hundley does have 2 wins to his name, we had a nip and tuck battle against both of them with our win today coming in OT. And truthfully the bad Hundley was there again today, but thankfully our run game managed to get it done. I'm thinking the Browns probably took note of this and I'm almost wondering if they're going to be focused solely on loading the box and looking to eliminate it and forcing Hundley to win it on his arm.

Now on the flipside, we might get gifts from Dishon Kizer, but this is still Dom Capers's defense here and he once let another rookie named Josh Freeman beat us when it seemed a sure lock we'd win. I can only hope maybe Rodgers's return to practice means he's now a return in week 15, but regardless ... Hundley's going to have to shoulder this load at least one more week.
With the Clowns, Jackson has a 1-28 record.
Somehow I don't think the players are going to care one way or another if he goes.
If they wanted him, they would have probably won a few games by now.
They have at least one more chance after us if we win against the Bears and we are Bearly better than them.

It really is pathetic that you are having these thoughts or worries of our Packers going into this game against the Clowns.
We should not be having these thoughts and worries at all.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was last week. Looked to me like you were talking about today.
Umm go back and read the post you responded to... It very clearly states that I was referencing the Steelers game. In fact that was the whole point I was making.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe that fictional person exists. And no no the Steelers game was not good.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Hundley throws the ball over 20 times they will lose for sure. The best thing is to run the ball with Jones and Williams and don’t leave any room for Hundley to blow the game. This is where he becomes pure game manager. The only pass he should throw is the occasional slant or screen...NOTHING else. Don’t be shocked at all if the Browns load the box against Hundley...I would.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the Clowns, Jackson has a 1-28 record.
Somehow I don't think the players are going to care one way or another if he goes.
If they wanted him, they would have probably won a few games by now.
They have at least one more chance after us if we win against the Bears and we are Bearly better than them.

It really is pathetic that you are having these thoughts or worries of our Packers going into this game against the Clowns.
We should not be having these thoughts and worries at all.
I don't believe the Browns are tanking on Jackson at all. They're just a bad team with a bad quarterback. Their defense is not terrible and it's not they're getting the brakes beat off of them either. Without looking I'd say their margin of defeat this year is anywhere from 10-14 points. Josh Gordon had a pretty good game against San Diego so he will probably have his way with our secondary. The tight end isn't bad either.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not a trap game. This team knows this is a must win and they know they are just 1 game away from potentially getting Rodgers back. On top of that, a win in OT last week does positive things to teams. I think they come in with energy and win this one.

Packers: 24
Browns: 16

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With our running game and average defense against a poor offense, Hundley doesn't even have to be that good this weekend. Average will do it.

He just has to avoid the big mistakes and we'll be fine.

Packers win 24 - 13.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe that fictional person exists. And no no the Steelers game was not good.

Hundley's stat line vs the Steelers:

Completion %: 65.4
Yards: 245
TDs: 3
Picks: 0
Rating: 134.3

This was against one of the top pass defenses in the league too.

No, he wasn't perfect. Taking unnecessary sacks is an example of something he could have done better.

I see no way to classify the Steelers game as not good though.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No, he wasn't perfect. Taking unnecessary sacks is an example of something he could have done better.

oh it's good enough...it's just not him. it was one good game (where he got all the breaks) out of seven. i think the other six are a better measure of his abilities/ceiling than the pit game.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A perfect example of why using stats is not a good way to measure performance. I watched the game.. as I'm sure you did. He still looked scared and unsure any time his first read was not open... the sacks he took literally lost the game. Yes, he made some plays.... they still lost.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A perfect example of why using stats is not a good way to measure performance. I watched the game.. as I'm sure you did. He still looked scared and unsure any time his first read was not open... the sacks he took literally lost the game. Yes, he made some plays.... they still lost.

I watched the game to and saw him not forcing throws, completing a good percentage of his passes, and hitting the open guy when he was there.

I highly doubt anyone would consider it a bad performance without bias from his other games.

We can agree to disagree on this game.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watched the game to and saw him not forcing throws, completing a good percentage of his passes, and hitting the open guy when he was there.

I highly doubt anyone would consider it a bad performance without bias from his other games.

We can agree to disagree on this game.
Yep... I know where you are coming from... and appreciate your never ending positive attitude, but I'm not sold on Hundley, and doubt I ever will be. However... I will be rooting for him on Sunday.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm no Hundley fan by any stretch of the imagination, but we were supposed to get throttled by the Pittsburgh Steelers. He made enough plays to keep us competitive which surpassed my expectations. Did he still look timid at times and lacked pocket awareness at times as you allude to? Yes. But to say that the Steelers game wasn't good for him when we were 2 TD underdogs and lost on the last drive is perplexing at best.

Did you expect for that game to end in a 3 point margin? I didn't think so. Gotta give the man at least a little credit.