Wide Receiver Options

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A shame he's acted like a total ******** after he was forced to retire, always taking cheap shots at Rodgers, and questioning his drive to win.

Aaron doesn’t build many good relationships with folks…surely none of the issue is his fault though given all the examples of this though no?

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron doesn’t build many good relationships with folks…surely none of the issue is his fault though given all the examples of this though no?
Sure he has: Charles Woodson (HOF), AJ Hawk, Jordy Nelson, Josh Sitton, Bryan Bulaga, James Jones, Cobb. The list of people that have spoken good about Rodgers, outweigh those who have spoken negatively about him.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers also need receivers, dline, TE, interior oline, safety…yes, having 4 good LTs on the roster would be nice but other positions are important as well. I’m not saying they shouldn’t draft a LT but it darn well be a guy that plays other spots.
Well..Nijman is probably our starting rt right now. He could probably play both spots if needed..but 1 more body there would be luxury.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure he has: Charles Woodson (HOF), AJ Hawk, Jordy Nelson, Josh Sitton, Bryan Bulaga, James Jones, Cobb. The list of people that have spoken good about Rodgers, outweigh those who have spoken negatively about him.

I never said he doesn’t have good relationships…I’d go back and reread actually what I said.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said he doesn’t have good relationships…I’d go back and reread actually what I said.
Doesn't build "many" good relationships is just as unqualified as "any" would have been. There are a few former teammates that trash talk him to stay relevant and everyone else seems to not just have his back but stick up for him. Look at Baker if you need to see what it looks like when a QB doesn't relate to his peers.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't build "many" good relationships is just as unqualified as "any" would have been. There are a few former teammates that trash talk him to stay relevant and everyone else seems to not just have his back but stick up for him. Look at Baker if you need to see what it looks like when a QB doesn't relate to his peers.

I am speaking more so to relationships that matter, close friends outside football or family. Love him or hate him, Rodgers has relational issues with multiple types. Just like any human I'm sure some is his doing, other times not. I could see how his approach to things rubs some people wrong. I'm just happy he is slinging balls for Green Bay rather than against us sports wise.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously? Who cares about those who are friends of Rodgers and who aren't? Does it mean anything, or contribute anything?

Rodgers doesn't give two shakes about what any of us think, and he shouldn't any more than members of this forum should care one way or another who likes each of us and doesn't. None of it matters.

What does matter is that there's a "work bond" between the guys on the field in a football game. They have a common goal, and that's what matters. Whether or not they break bread with each other should not be an issue.

Not one bit of this matters as to who will be at wide receiver for the Packers this year.

EDIT: Years ago, I coached a team where I had two fantastic RBs. They hated each other. Both felt they should be the guy carrying the ball. Both were also my best blocking backs. So, I set up a rotation where they would get equal time at both positions, and the results each got would be the results of their blocking as well.

In their first game, both of them got over 100 yards, and that continued over the entire season. In the end, they were about 15 yards apart in total yardage, and the one with less yardage had one more TD than the other. As the season progressed, they went from hating each other to being best buddies, on and off the field.

It's amazing what team work can do.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh. I called him stonehands as he tended to drop crucial passes, and secondly I don't particularly like him. Besides how many years has he played in comparison to the others, I'm sure his percentage would've dropped if he continued playing but I could be wrong.
I accidently hit like instead of quote. Finley wasn't all that great early on. Unfortunately for him and us he had to retire just when he was starting to come around. :(

D

Deleted member 6794

Watkins 2022 season 867 yards 60 catches 14.45 per 6 tds if he reaches the per game averages he has so far over 99 games.

If he equals his bests in all categories hell put up at least 65 catches 17.5 per 9 tds 1138 yards

Fuller 2022 season 969 yards 66 catches 14.68 per 8 tds if he reaches the per game averages he has over 55 career games

If he equals his bests in all categories hell put up at least 53 catches 16.6 per 8 tds 879 yards

Unfortunately Watkins hasn't been able to stay healthy for an entire season and his production has dropped over the past few years. As mentioned by others there aren't any reliable sources who have mentioned the Packers being interested in Fuller.

Why not Julio or AJ???

AJ Green re-signed with the Cardinals last week.

Fuller would be a nice addition for the right price. Having Cobb, Watkins and Fuller along with a couple of draft picks in that WR room would put us all at ease going into 2022 after losing Adams.

I wouldn't be confident about the receiving corps with the Packers solely adding Watkins and Fuller this offseason.

What both Watkins and Fuller make up for with pedestrian catch % (both float around 60% give r take) is yards per reception (8.5 and 9.2)
As a comparison Davante has a 66% catch rate but 8.0 per.

Just for the record, you posted the numbers for yards per target.

Finley is Paddlehands?

Actually, some fans called Adams Paddlehands with him struggling in his second season with the team.

Reaction score
Rodgers doesn't give two shakes about what any of us think, and he shouldn't any more than members of this forum should care one way or another who likes each of us and doesn't. None of it matters.

What does matter is that there's a "work bond" between the guys on the field in a football game. They have a common goal, and that's what matters. Whether or not they break bread with each other should not be an issue.
That’s not true. Everything in life is about relationships. Without relationships where would we be? We wouldn’t even exist. If everyone just did their own thing and nobody cared for each other.. What kind of world would that be? Your family was formed from 1 relationship. All the people you work with started with 1 chance encounter.

The foundation of a sports team is no different. It’s their relationships with one another and if that’s lacking or compromised? it’s their downfall. You might even argue that several failed relationships may have cost us a Championship, maybe even several SB victories.

The inspiration we get from those around us. Our relationship with God. We can deny that all we want and many take that option for granted. Yet life wouldn’t be worth living if we had no bond with our creator or no relationships with others on a regular basis. It’s not just about reputation, it’s about caring about and for others. Not 1 athlete has ever said on his deathbed.. “go get all my awards and medals I’m going to die”. They say “call my family and friends my time is near”

That’s why the last 2 years have been so crucial to the world we live in. We isolated and that is miserable on a level we cant quantify. We not only want one another. We need one another. Relationships are everything.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Watkins was only given $350k of guaranteed money. I guess it's probably a no brainer that he makes the team, but at least the Packers won't lose a lot if for some reason he doesn't.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s not true. Everything in life is about relationships. Without relationships where would we be? We wouldn’t even exist. If everyone just did their own thing and nobody cared for each other.. What kind of world would that be? Your family was formed from 1 relationship. All the people you work with started with 1 chance encounter.

The foundation of a sports team is no different. It’s their relationships with one another and if that’s lacking or compromised? it’s their downfall. You might even argue that several failed relationships may have cost us a Championship, maybe even several SB victories.

The inspiration we get from those around us. Our relationship with God. We can deny that all we want and many take that option. Yet life wouldn’t be worth living if we had no bond with our creator or no relationships on a regular basis.

That’s why the last 2 years have been so crucial to the world we live in. We isolated and that is miserable on a level we cant quantify. We not only want one another. We need one another. Relationships are everything.
Ok

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't disagree with any of you that relationships aren't important. I'm just saying their are two types of relationships. The permanent type that is outside the work environment, and the work environment itself, which is a transitory type of relationship.

In police work, we were a circle of friends. We all did the same job. It was a bond. A circle of people who worked together, and played together. But the moment you left the job permanently, that all changed. For a while you see each other but in the end, the circle closes, and if you're the one that left the job, you're on the outside looking in. Those friendships disappear.

The reality is that within certain professions, those involved become part of this phenomenon because it's a matter of people seeking out those who have common interests, and with sports and police work, the element of team work. But, within that circle, those friendships, there is a second level. An inner circle level. Little groups, or cliques if that's what you wish to call it, who have something even more in common with each other, whether it's hunting, fishing, almost anything that makes them special. These are the ones you "hang out with." It doesn't mean others aren't friends, they just aren't part of that inner circle.

Of course, if there's someone who is as large of a presence as Rodgers, there are players who want to be part of his inner circle but don't end up inside, simply because there's not enough room. To them, they may feel slighted, and a little bitter about it. It's a fact of life, you need to learn to live with it.

Above all, please don't take what's normal in every day relationships and apply it to people who are constantly under observation, like pro athletes, or police officers. They live in glass houses, and they protect themselves by staying within their own circles. It's all about having something in common.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deebo Samuel confirmed to ESPN's Jeff Darlington earlier today that he's asked the 49ers to trade him.
Supposedly it is not down to just money (Albert Breer said "money isn't central to it") but rather his role and the wear/tear he receives being deployed as a hybrid WR/tailback.

He just turned 26 in January and is on the last year of his rookie contract. I would suspect that SF wouldn't take anything less than a first at minimum and I suspect he'd be asking for 20m+ per year at worst; I wonder if we would seriously be interested? On one hand, he's a totally electric player when he's at his best and really adds a unique dimension that a lot of players can't offer. On the other...he's got a bit of an injury history (Played just 5 games in 2015 and 3 games in 2017 while in college and 7 in his second pro season) and could argue that he's only had one truly elite season as a pro thus far....

And of course you have to think that being an in-conference rival who they just barely beat in the playoffs last season would probably make the asking price a bit steeper for us.

Reaction score
Deebo Samuel confirmed to ESPN's Jeff Darlington earlier today that he's asked the 49ers to trade him.
Supposedly it is not down to just money (Albert Breer said "money isn't central to it") but rather his role and the wear/tear he receives being deployed as a hybrid WR/tailback.

He just turned 26 in January and is on the last year of his rookie contract. I would suspect that SF wouldn't take anything less than a first at minimum and I suspect he'd be asking for 20m+ per year at worst; I wonder if we would seriously be interested? On one hand, he's a totally electric player when he's at his best and really adds a unique dimension that a lot of players can't offer. On the other...he's got a bit of an injury history (Played just 5 games in 2015 and 3 games in 2017 while in college and 7 in his second pro season) and could argue that he's only had one truly elite season as a pro thus far....

And of course you have to think that being an in-conference rival who they just barely beat in the playoffs last season would probably make the asking price a bit steeper for us.
Interesting.
He’s going to be too much money. We just learned that only $350,000 of Watkins $$ is guaranteed and the rest of his $$ involves action from him. The most he can make is $4M and he’s likely to be closer to $3M, that’s if he’s healthy. Cobb took over a $5M paycut so he wouldn’t have to move his family. They like the stability of staying put and that Cobb is a good Father. Love that he values family over the business side of chasing money. That’s what I’m talking about!

we’ve got a GM that understands the value of a good deal and It’s looking more and more like the draft will come first. We likely sign 2-3 WR and we don’t need to have a crowded Receiver room and start gutting good players. IF we were to sign a veteran player? there’s very little chance it’s anyone over $5-7M range as a ceiling and it’s likely post draft as the price drops another notch is my guess.
I’d love Deebo but not at his inflated price. Give me Burks at $3m a year in a 4+ year deal

Last edited:

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
>but rather his role and the wear/tear he receives being deployed as a hybrid WR/tailback.

His value is that he is a very good hybrid WR/tailback, that fact that he doesnt want to be that makes his value... much much lower.. Good luck buddy..

Totally.

I agree here... He's the modern day, MAYBE "better" version of Percy Harvin..

If he can do what he did in 2021/last year AGAIN, which is 70+ receptions 1000+ yards...

Then he can be a true Number 1 or Number 2 type WR, and get whatever the $20M/annual+ they are getting today...

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is B.S. Teams need to start taking a stand on this crap. If the players don't like how the NFL contract process works they need to change the CBA. Otherwise shut and play.

The 49ers have him for this year and two additional years if they want to franchise tag him each year.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is B.S. Teams need to start taking a stand on this crap. If the players don't like how the NFL contract process works they need to change the CBA. Otherwise shut and play.

The 49ers have him for this year and two additional years if they want to franchise tag him each year.
IMO whether its BS or not comes down to if he plays or not. I don't have a problem with a player asking to be traded if he doesn't like the way he is being treated. After all trades are a legitimate thing in the NFL. If he threatens to not play or otherwise not honor his contract that's another thing. Usually you get the opposite though, a player wants to be traded because he is not being used enough not because he is being used too much.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts