Wide Receiver Options

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don’t give two ***** about a receivers ability to run block. It’s cool if they can but it means nothing to me.

It is unforgivable how awful Lazard was in the 2021 NFCC game to me. That was the worst WR performance from a Packers I’ve ever seen and I remember Adams sophomore season vividly.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk what people's expectations for Lazard was, but considering he would be a #3 or #4 on most squads, I think what he did was pretty good. I certainly like him. I don't have huge expectations that he'll leap into being a solid number 2 receiver. He benefits from having the focus taken off him and can help you pick up decent amount of yards and make some tough catches.

Still it's hard to believe we've went from the golden days where we had the options of Driver, Jones, Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Stonehands (Finely) to where we are now.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk what people's expectations for Lazard was, but considering he would be a #3 or #4 on most squads, I think what he did was pretty good. I certainly like him. I don't have huge expectations that he'll leap into being a solid number 2 receiver. He benefits from having the focus taken off him and can help you pick up decent amount of yards and make some tough catches.

Still it's hard to believe we've went from the golden days where we had the options of Driver, Jones, Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Stonehands (Finely) to where we are now.
paddlehands couldnt catch a cold. no golden days when the te is wide open and drops half of the throws. think about golden days as rison beebe freeman brooks chmura keith jackson.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paddlehands couldnt catch a cold. no golden days when the te is wide open and drops half of the throws. think about golden days as rison beebe freeman brooks chmura keith jackson.
I was referring under the Rodgers era.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lazard is a great guy, but this is the NFL....Take your homer glasses off, he just isn't that talented.

Great guy who works hard and had improved, but he isn't close to the talent level of a true Number 1 or 2 WR in the NFL
Nobody, absolutely nobody has said Lazard is an NFL #1 or #2 receiver. What some of us have said is that he is the Packers current #1 receiver. Reading comprehension can go a long way. You should try it sometime.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don’t give two ***** about a receivers ability to run block. It’s cool if they can but it means nothing to me.

It is unforgivable how awful Lazard was in the 2021 NFCC game to me. That was the worst WR performance from a Packers I’ve ever seen and I remember Adams sophomore season vividly.
I have just become even more confident that Lazard will have a good season, after reading your opinion of him.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not having a decent backup Lt has also killed them in the playoffs the last 2 years. I'm not saying spend a 1st rd pick..but I would expect at least 1 in the first 5 or 6 picks.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody, absolutely nobody has said Lazard is an NFL #1 or #2 receiver. What some of us have said is that he is the Packers current #1 receiver. Reading comprehension can go a long way. You should try it sometime.
You misinterpreted

Not this thread per say, but others and around claiming Lazard is a #2 type....NOPE

Great guy for sure, but he isn't close to being a true #2

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You misinterpreted

Not this thread per say, but others and around claiming Lazard is a #2 type....NOPE

Great guy for sure, but he isn't close to being a true #2
For me his problem is separation. He catches the ball well and sometimes even gets deep. Maybe with less high quality attention on him; he can make some big catches this year. He can be a good possession receiver imho. Don't think he should too much be put in the needing RAC mode.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not having a decent backup Lt has also killed them in the playoffs the last 2 years. I'm not saying spend a 1st rd pick..but I would expect at least 1 in the first 5 or 6 picks.

We had very good LT backups. One ALSO got hurt (Jenkins) and if you expect TWO decent LT backups then you’re insane…wait, the packers DID have two decent backups but the coaches decided not to have Yijman play against the 49ers.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had very good LT backups. One ALSO got hurt (Jenkins) and if you expect TWO decent LT backups then you’re insane…wait, the packers DID have two decent backups but the coaches decided not to have Yijman play against the 49ers.
They (who?) screwed the pooch two title games in a row at tackles imho.

Reaction score
Finley is Paddlehands?

George Kittle 72%
Travis Kelce 71%
Darren Waller 70%
Jermichael Finley 69%
Mark Andrews 68%
Jimmy Graham 64%
Kyle Pitts 62%

I thought he was pretty good

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley is Paddlehands?

George Kittle 72%
Travis Kelce 71%
Darren Waller 70%
Jermichael Finley 69%
Mark Andrews 68%
Jimmy Graham 64%
Kyle Pitts 62%

I thought he was pretty good
Meh. I called him stonehands as he tended to drop crucial passes, and secondly I don't particularly like him. Besides how many years has he played in comparison to the others, I'm sure his percentage would've dropped if he continued playing but I could be wrong.

Reaction score
Meh. I called him stonehands as he tended to drop crucial passes, and secondly I don't particularly like him. Besides how many years has he played in comparison to the others, I'm sure his percentage would've dropped if he continued playing but I could be wrong.
He was with us for 6 years.
So decent sample size. I didn’t really think he was here that long either.

I thought you were calling Graham stonehands, not Finley.

Truth be told, I’d be elated to have Finley today just before his injury. He probably hadn’t peaked.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Billy Turner sucked at LT..yeah Nijman should have started..obviously they didn't feel he was good enough to start in the playoffs..Bahktiari will be 31. Who knows how his knee will respond. This is a deep draft at Oline..they do need to snag another guy who can play LT.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was with us for 6 years.
So decent sample size. I didn’t really think he was here that long either.

I thought you were calling Graham stonehands, not Finley.

Truth be told, I’d be elated to have Finley today just before his injury. He probably hadn’t peaked.

Yeah Finley was approaching an all pro level of play just before he got injured. I think you were gonna see his first 1000 yard season in year 6

Reaction score
Yeah Finley was approaching an all pro level of play just before he got injured. I think you were gonna see his first 1000 yard season in year 6
I’m defending him because he was a Consummate professional while here. Plus, I dated a Gal that taught at his HS in Lufkin, TX when he was there
Went down wearing Green n Gold.
Here’s a good tribute, if you have time it’s a good watch.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m defending him because he was a Consummate professiona. I dated a Gal that taught at his HS in Lufkin, TX when he was there.
Went down wearing Green n Gold.
Here’s a good tribute, if you have time it’s a good watch.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
A shame he's acted like a total ******** after he was forced to retire, always taking cheap shots at Rodgers, and questioning his drive to win.

Reaction score
A shame he's acted like a total ******** after he was forced to retire, always taking cheap shots at Rodgers, and questioning his drive to win.
Yeah I don’t know where that got going but he’s definitely tried to shank him once or twice. I wouldn’t be all that surprised if Aaron brought some of that negative energy upon himself though. Not saying Finley should’ve pursued that beef, but maybe Rodgers partook in opening the door to the beef locker? From experience, it’s rare that stuff gets going unprovoked.

On a related note of “on the field” performance, but getting closer on thread. We should grab a big TE
(like Jelani Woods) that excels in the receiving area to Parlay with this newer WR grouping. It’s a big part of what we have been missing from those successful years.

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing to do with how he played at TE. Don't like a guy so say he is a lousy player?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Billy Turner sucked at LT..yeah Nijman should have started..obviously they didn't feel he was good enough to start in the playoffs..Bahktiari will be 31. Who knows how his knee will respond. This is a deep draft at Oline..they do need to snag another guy who can play LT.

Packers also need receivers, dline, TE, interior oline, safety…yes, having 4 good LTs on the roster would be nice but other positions are important as well. I’m not saying they shouldn’t draft a LT but it darn well be a guy that plays other spots.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nothing to do with how he played at TE. Don't like a guy so say he is a lousy player?
Go back and read what I said. I never once said he was a lousy player. I simply called him stonehands because he had a tendency to drop crucial passes on key plays, that along with my dislike for the guy. I never said he was lousy. I even included him in the Golden Era of receivers we've had in the Rodgers era. That was enough praise in regards to how talented I thought he was. I may not like him but I wouldn't dream of saying he was a lousy player.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go back and read what I said. I never once said he was a lousy player. I simply called him stonehands because he had a tendency to drop crucial passes on key plays, that along with my dislike for the guy. I never said he was lousy. I even included him in the Golden Era of receivers we've had in the Rodgers era. That was enough praise in regards to how talented I thought he was. I may not like him but I wouldn't dream of saying he was a lousy player.
OK. But when I hear stone hands. It's a guy I don't want because he drops a lot of balls.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK. But when I hear stone hands. It's a guy I don't want because he drops a lot of balls.
Right. Which is why I clarified in regards to him dropping passes on key plays. Apologies for this misunderstanding.

Members online

Latest posts