Wide Receiver Options

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like Will Fuller headed to GB as well...

Watkins 2022 season 867 yards 60 catches 14.45 per 6 tds if he reaches the per game averages he has so far over 99 games.

If he equals his bests in all categories hell put up at least 65 catches 17.5 per 9 tds 1138 yards

Fuller 2022 season 969 yards 66 catches 14.68 per 8 tds if he reaches the per game averages he has over 55 career games

If he equals his bests in all categories hell put up at least 53 catches 16.6 per 8 tds 879 yards
Fuller would be a nice addition for the right price. Having Cobb, Watkins and Fuller along with a couple of draft picks in that WR room would put us all at ease going into 2022 after losing Adams.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like Will Fuller headed to GB as well...

Watkins 2022 season 867 yards 60 catches 14.45 per 6 tds if he reaches the per game averages he has so far over 99 games.

If he equals his bests in all categories hell put up at least 65 catches 17.5 per 9 tds 1138 yards

Fuller 2022 season 969 yards 66 catches 14.68 per 8 tds if he reaches the per game averages he has over 55 career games

If he equals his bests in all categories hell put up at least 53 catches 16.6 per 8 tds 879 yards
Yeah and if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuller would be a nice addition for the right price. Having Cobb, Watkins and Fuller along with a couple of draft picks in that WR room would put us all at ease going into 2022 after losing Adams.
Why do you leave out the best WR on the team? Don't use the word "all". I am far from at ease when it comes to the current WR room. A Fuller signing would do absolutely nothing to change that.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do you leave out the best WR on the team? Don't use the word "all". I am far from at ease when it comes to the current WR room. A Fuller signing would do absolutely nothing to change that.

Folks are just not thinking overlooking Lazard.

Also where is the fuller rumors coming from??

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, we signed Watkins, but I don't think he'll help much.
IMO there were two reasons Adams did so well for us, especially the last few years. One, he was an incredibly talented WR, and two, he was pretty much the only reliable option. Unless we are trading for a high end #1 I don't think any 1 WR is going to help much. One guy isn't going to replace Adams and we have to stop looking at it like that. Some people are looking at adding 3 or 4 guys hoping one will replace Adams. I think we need to be looking at 3, probably 4 guys to upgrade the entire WR room with the realization that no one player is going to take over for Adams, at least not right away, but if the entire room is better we might not feel the loss of Adams so much.

You are forgetting Lazard but you are partially correct. I'm not sure it would put us at ease but I do think it would make most of us feel better. I think Fuller and Watkins are at least as good as Lazard although Lazard might have a higher ceiling at this point and while none will replace Adams all three are are better than the WRs we had last year minus Adams of course and I'm not counting Cobb because he is still here.

If the addition of Watkins and Fuller don't make you feel better about our WRs than you did 2 weeks ago I think your expectations are too high.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adding Fuller isn't a bad thing. It just adds one more option to the list. Let's face it, we're going to go into this year with 7 receivers, and two of them will be rookies, and the third will be Amari Rodgers. The top 4, to start the season, is what they're aiming for, I'd guess. An array of targets where there once was one, in Adams.

New arrivals, via the draft, aren't going to be ready to go full speed, and effectively, when the season starts.

If they do bring Fuller in, I think it's an insurance policy that they can have 4 guys ready to lock and load.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe Lazard is the best WR on the roster right now. IMO Lazard would make a better TE than WR. I am not at ease with our present WR room either. Let's hope Gute isn't done yet and he adds a couple more in this upcoming draft.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adding guys like Watkins and Fuller doesn't say that Lazard can't step up. It says they're adding talent to work with him. Obviously the Packers aren't confident enough to believe that the Rodgers to Lazard connection would be all they need, and are stocking the shelves with receivers who can contribute.

It's a common sense move, because even if Lazard did step up, what do you do if he's injured? There has to be options out there. You don't want to fall back into the rut where it's Rodgers to Adams... exclusively.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe Lazard is the best WR on the roster right now. IMO Lazard would make a better TE than WR. I am not at ease with our present WR room either. Let's hope Gute isn't done yet and he adds a couple more in this upcoming draft.

Lazard has a high catch percentage, when actually targeted has delivered and blocks exceptionally well. If his production per target doesn’t make him WR1 presently I’ll have to agree to strongly disagree.

Reaction score
What both Watkins and Fuller make up for with pedestrian catch % (both float around 60% give r take) is yards per reception (8.5 and 9.2)
As a comparison Davante has a 66% catch rate but 8.0 per.

The bigger concern with these 2 players is availability and adaptability. If they play 11+ Games and can adapt decently these are great signings. If they play 6-7 games and fade away for injury or personal issues we’ve back to square one at WR. Although, to be fair, there is no guarantee Davante played 17 contests this season.

I’m weighing the pros n cons of Davante. We likely would’ve paid him $29 to stay. We also would get 0 draft selections (until he departed)

We pay Fuller and Watkins roughly
~7-$8M (estimating). We pay 2 draft selections another ~$5M combined
We tie up <=$12.5 + Add $17 for Rasul and Devondre

Group A
So we essentially have:
Davante

Group B

We have:
Watkins
Fuller (or insert similar)
#22 (fill your Mock)
#53 (fill your Mock)
Rasul
Campbell

*The $$ exchange for 2022 is almost exactly what Davante cost

If we lose a player or 2 to injury in this B grouping we still have 4-5 other players contributing. If we lose Group A? (injury illness or other)..comparatively, We lose that entire B group at once.

No disrespect to Adams, he’s a great player who gave a great return on investment, until now. I’m taking group B and for me personally? It’s actually not even close. I’m super elated we didn’t send all these veterans and draft picks away to our competition and put our eggs all in 1 WR basket. HOF QB? Ok
HOF type WR? I don’t think so I think we’ve got blinders on paying 1 WR anywhere close to eliminate group B

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What both Watkins and Fuller make up for with pedestrian catch % (both float around 60% give r take) is yards per reception (8.5 and 9.2)
As a comparison Davante has a 66% catch rate but 8.0 per.

The bigger concern with these 2 players is availability and adaptability. If they play 11+ Games and can adapt decently these are great signings. If they play 6-7 games and fade away for injury or personal issues we’ve back to square one at WR. Although, to be fair, there is no guarantee Davante played 17 contests this season.

I’m weighing the pros n cons of Davante. We likely would’ve paid him $29 to stay. We also would get 0 draft selections (until he departed)

We pay Fuller and Watkins roughly
~7-$8M (estimating). We pay 2 draft selections another ~$5M combined
We tie up <=$12.5 + Add $17 for Rasul and Devondre

Group A
So we essentially have:
Davante

Group B

We have:
Watkins
Fuller (or insert similar)
#22 (fill your Mock)
#53 (fill your Mock)
Rasul
Campbell

*The $$ exchange for 2022 is almost exactly what Davante cost

If we lose a player or 2 to injury in this B grouping we still have 4-5 other players contributing. If we lose Group A? (injury illness or other)..comparatively, We lose that entire B group at once.

No disrespect to Adams, he’s a great player who gave a great return on investment, until now. I’m taking group B and for me personally? It’s actually not even close. I’m super elated we didn’t send all these veterans and draft picks away to our competition and put our eggs all in 1 WR basket. HOF QB? Ok
HOF type WR? I don’t think so I think we’ve got blinders on paying 1 WR anywhere close to eliminate group B
Yup! You give away a fair amount of expertise in one area to maintain and improve it in others, and in depth.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lazard has a high catch percentage, when actually targeted has delivered and blocks exceptionally well. If his production per target doesn’t make him WR1 presently I’ll have to agree to strongly disagree.
And I strongly disagree even more than he does. Now he isn't a WR1 (not saying you said he was) but he is the Packers best WR. IMO.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still dont understand why the Packers value Lazard so highly. Very poor WR with no traits that separate himself from any average receiver besides his blocking. I see the value of having him on the roster but under no circumstances should he be on the field as often as he is.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb wasn’t healthy enough, mvs served a different role and wasn’t healthy, EQ, Winfrey, Malik, etc weren’t better at all. Those were circumstances that would put him on field that much.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still dont understand why the Packers value Lazard so highly. Very poor WR with no traits that separate himself from any average receiver besides his blocking. I see the value of having him on the roster but under no circumstances should he be on the field as often as he is.

He’s reliable, runs good routes, and run blocks well. I fully agree he’s average but he’s far from poor. His size and physicality are valuable.

Gute has done a poor job of stocking the receiver group and that’s why Lazard is on the field so much. You might disagree about his value relative to one-trick pony MVS or ESB (there’s a physical marvel that can’t play professional football) but I’m gonna trust MLF over you; i doubt MLF intentionally played worse players just to spite some fans.

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Lazard doesn't see the field because of lack of talent at the WR position. It's because of what he offers in the slot in the running game. He does so much dirty work that most people never notice.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn’t want to imply he does nothing well, he’s a good guy to have on your team, but I also still get this feeling he’s often not where he’s supposed to a lot of times in the passing game.

Reaction score
Can someone point me to a credible report linking Fuller to the Packers?
Are you questioning my integrity!?
If I say he’s ours it’s as good as done! ;)

Seriously tho. I haven’t seen the first reliable source

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lazard is a great guy, but this is the NFL....Take your homer glasses off, he just isn't that talented.

Great guy who works hard and had improved, but he isn't close to the talent level of a true Number 1 or 2 WR in the NFL

Reaction score
Lazard is a great guy, but this is the NFL....Take your homer glasses off, he just isn't that talented.

Great guy who works hard and had improved, but he isn't close to the talent level of a true Number 1 or 2 WR in the NFL
He’s more a good a#3-4 but he’s also a good run blocker and that is an important part of our system.
Plus in a year that we’re thin on WR in our system? He’s more important because he’s capable of performing like a true #3 when called upon. He’s a keeper, but not someone you’ll overpay big $$ either. Good worker. Good teammate. Entrenched in our system. Reasonable cost $4M contract $3.3M cap hit

I really would be curious to see if he builds off last season. He’s got near a 70% recent catch rate (2020-21). Last season, Allen finished 2nd on the team (Davante) in yards and touchdowns and 3rd in receptions (Adams/Aaron Jones). Those guys aren’t slouches. Lazard was credited with only one drop and no interceptions when he was targeted, giving him a passer rating of 132.8% as a target. The second best on the team.
He dropped just below 13ypc from a formidable 14ypc in 2020. Very respectable and we didn’t 2nd Round tender him without doing the math.

For me? I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see Lazard step up and top last season. If given ample opportunity, he’s probably a
55-750-9TD type Wideout producer

Last edited:

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He’s more a good a#3-4 but he’s also a good run blocker and that is an important part of our system.
Plus in a year that we’re thin on WR in our system? He’s more important because he’s capable of performing like a true #3 when called upon. He’s a keeper, but not someone you’ll overpay big $$ either. Good worker. Good teammate. Entrenched in our system. Reasonable cost $4M contract $3.3M cap hit

I really would be curious to see if he builds off last season. He’s got near a 70% recent catch rate (2020-21). Last season, Allen finished 2nd on the team (Davante) in yards and touchdowns and 3rd in receptions (Adams/Aaron Jones). Those guys aren’t slouches. Lazard was credited with only one drop and no interceptions when he was targeted, giving him a passer rating of 132.8% as a target. The second best on the team.
He dropped just below 13ypc from a formidable 14ypc in 2020. Very respectable and we didn’t 2nd Round tender him without doing the math.

For me? I wouldn’t at all be surprised to see Lazard step up and top last season. If given ample opportunity, he’s probably a
55-750-9TD type Wideout producer
Ok

Yeah I did a projection for him and that was about what I'd expect from him, maybe like 55/650/6-8 ....something like that is doable

Members online

Latest posts