who do you think needs to lift their game ?

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was just wondering who you guys thought havnt been performing to expectations? for me i was thinking along the lines of maybe bubba or maybe collins. but who do you guys think?

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba really needs to lift his receiving game. Right now he has been doing awesome at blocking. His blocking has really helped the offensive line to develop better. That being said, he keeps dropping the ball and therefore is getting less opportunities. It would be great if he would turn it around to become that great goalline threat he used to be.

After Franks, I think I'd pick out Ruvell Martin. With Jennings being injured we need another WR threat to compliment DD. Martin has the size to be a good target and should see a lot of single coverage. He's got to get separation and produce with this opportunity in order to put pressure on the defense.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was just wondering who you guys thought havnt been performing to expectations? for me i was thinking along the lines of maybe bubba or maybe collins. but who do you guys think?

Bubba's main role has been to block and David Martin has been used more as a receiver, but when given the opportunity Bubba has dropped too many passes. I would have to go with Collins though because our safeties have sucked all year. Manuel has no game so I don't think he can lift it, but Collins is having a sophomore jinx type of season that has to end soon or we will end up 4-12 again.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clifton and KGB. I figured these guys to be givens this year and I'm not seeing it. I don't ever want to here clifton's name because he's doing so well and I want to hear KGB's name cause he's sitting on the QB.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba, KGB and AJ Hawk. AJ has been solid, but it's time for him to start making some plays commensurate with his lofty draft status. I really hope he comes back with a big game this week because he got absolutely destroyed in Buffalo.

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manuel has been nonexisitant...No tackles for loss, ints., forced fumbles, or pass breakups. The tackles he makes are usually chase down tackles. I think most people would agree a Strong Safety should have a little bit of a physical presence. Time to give Tyrone Culver a chance.

Bubba,...has been a joke since he go his new contract. He can't block worth a dam but makes up for it by dropping passes,...no heart, time to cut bait.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manuel has been nonexisitant...No tackles for loss, ints., forced fumbles, or pass breakups. The tackles he makes are usually chase down tackles. I think most people would agree a Strong Safety should have a little bit of a physical presence. Time to give Tyrone Culver a chance.

Bubba,...has been a joke since he go his new contract. He can't block worth a dam but makes up for it by dropping passes,...no heart, time to cut bait.

In my opinion Bubba blocks very well....but his drops are outta control.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manuel has been nonexisitant...No tackles for loss, ints.

Manuel has 1 int returned for a TD thanks to the one and only Ahmad Carroll who tipped it to him in the lions games. But other then that he has did nothing.

I think it is between Bubba this man was once a probowler, Manuel and KGB.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jhensiak said:

In my opinion Bubba blocks very well....but his drops are outta control.

About Bubbas blocking during the bills game he was one on one with a DE and he got destroyed and gave up the sack. Also he had a False Start

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good topic, Steve!

I'd go with Bubba - he used to catch the ball.

On Manuel, I heard Wayne and Larry say that on the long TD we gave up to the Bills, Manuel's absence led to a breakdown in communications (again DePack! :twitch: ), since he QBs the Defense. You pays your money and you takes your choice. :-?

It would be good to see Ruvel Martin and/or Chris Francies step up - but they are both on a steep learning curve.

Chris

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB needs to be consistent.

Favre needs to forget about Buffalo and play like he was before.

Clifton has been a huge dissapointment and isn't looking like a All Pro LT.

Franks is just playing awful and needs to catch.

Scott Wells needs to get his timing with Favre down.

Nick Collins needs to be the playmaker we thought he was.

Ruvell Martin needs to emerge as a #3 WR.

hmm that's all off the top of my head..

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jhensiak said:
Manuel has been nonexisitant...No tackles for loss, ints.

Manuel has 1 int returned for a TD thanks to the one and only Ahmad Carroll who tipped it to him in the lions games. But other then that he has did nothing.

I think it is between Bubba this man was once a probowler, Manuel and KGB.

BTW, on that play Manuel was actually out of position. He was in front of the WR and CB. He should have been behind the WR in case Carroll missed the tackle. He got very lucky that Carroll tipped the ball right where he was standing.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB, Franks, both safeties.

KGB is a huge disappointment and we are lucky to have Kampman on the other side and improved linebackers behind.

Franks has done well in the run game, but hands are suspect and he seems to have disappeared as a target in the passing game.

The safeties may not be a disappointment, as they may be playing to their level - but that level is not acceptable.

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clifton needs to pick it up, and the safties need to rise to the occasion. KGB imho is a weak link and should be replaced. I'm sure I'll get flamed for that, but running around the tackle and getting pushed wide seems to be his only move now.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is really a great post because I think it's so appropriate. I was talking to my game buddies on Sunday about how we just don't have anyone on this team that can take over a game. Offensively, when you're sluggish, or you need a big play, there isn't really anyone that you can get the ball too and say this receiver will always find a way to get open, or this running back will bust one for you. In Brett's entire career he's really only had one great receiver to throw to and that was Sterling Sharpe. Now some of you guys will come on here and talk about Brooks and Freeman etc, but the truth is they weren't great players, they were very good players.

Defensively, Kampman has clearly been their best player. Woodson has played well at times, Harris plays well, even Barnett has shown some signs of being able to make a great play, but the key is that none of those guys does it consistently. I'm not sure if there is enough talent in any of our present players where they can be that star quality player.

Hawk and Hodge might be the exception. I hear LeRoy Butler talking last night about coaching and putting players with great talent in the right position to make plays. I think both of those guys have that "something special" to be impact players one day soon, but not under this coaching staff.

All in all, I'm surprised that this team has been as competitive as it is with the talent that we have. I salute the coaching staff for the work they've done in making this team better, particularly on the offensive side of the ball.

We talked about special teams, but you know what? Great special teams are a sign of the backup talent you have. In the days we had good special teams those guys were chomping at the bit to play because many of those guys could have been starters on other teams.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can handle guys like Hawk and Ruvell Martin not quit there yet but it's disappointing to see guys like Manuel, Clifton and Bubba struggling when they were expected to do their share but aren't

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk leads the team in tackles at least going into last week's game. He's playing great and will probably finish top 5 for rookie of the year. Keep in mine he's sharing the field with Nick Barnett who is a greaat LB himself so there are less tackles to really go around. Hawk has definately made an impact and is one of the bright spots on this team and will be the face of the team when Favre does retire whether it's after this year or 3 years from now.

I think this is KGB's last year here. I think KGB is going to get release because of his contract and might get resigned for less money if he wants to take it so he can stay here. I do think he'll be replaced in the starting lineup.

Right now though Bubba Franks and Chad Clifton are the two names that stick out. They need to pickup their game a lot or they could be gone sooner than most expect. Especially Clifton because I believe Colledge is the LT of the future.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba, KGB and AJ Hawk. AJ has been solid, but it's time for him to start making some plays commensurate with his lofty draft status. I really hope he comes back with a big game this week because he got absolutely destroyed in Buffalo.

T.O.,

As you should know I am one of your fans here on the forum. You are a solid poster. However I have to call you out on this one.

I understand how your feel about Hawk's play, and I felt that way myself in the past about First Round High Picks. However what I found is that if one get's a good year (And A.J. is a very good first year.) out of a high first round pick it usually means a great career out of a High First Round Pick.

Hawk is adjusting to the speed of the N.F.L. He is in the first year of a new system. From what I understand he is not content or over whelmed with the influx of cash and is maintaining an even higher work ethic than he had in college.

T.O. A.J.'s name should not have been mentioned in this thread at all.

P.S. My friend.... Lions 42 Riders 28

R.P.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clifton, Bubba need to step up their games. To step up your game you have to HAVE game, and they do have it, we've all seen it.

MM said he was going to rely heavily on the veterans this season and the vets are the ones making a lot of the errors.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well let's see. If I were to make a list of mediocrity it would rival Santa's naughty list.

So that is what I will call it.

The Naughty List
KGB
Clifton
Manuel
Franks

I guess it's not that long, but cross me and I'll cut you.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

T.O.,

As you should know I am one of your fans here on the forum. You are a solid poster. However I have to call you out on this one.

I understand how your feel about Hawk's play, and I felt that way myself in the past about First Round High Picks. However what I found is that if one get's a good year (And A.J. is a very good first year.) out of a high first round pick it usually means a great career out of a High First Round Pick.

Hawk is adjusting to the speed of the N.F.L. He is in the first year of a new system. From what I understand he is not content or over whelmed with the influx of cash and is maintaining an even higher work ethic than he had in college.

T.O. A.J.'s name should not have been mentioned in this thread at all.

P.S. My friend.... Lions 42 Riders 28

R.P.

I'm more concerned about the Bombers losing to the Argos.

I like AJ Hawk and think he's been solid, but I'd really like to see him start making plays. I don't know if you saw the game on Sunday, but he got owned by a 34 year old fullback. Not exactly something you'd expect from a #5 pick. Perhaps my criticism relates more to when TT took AJ than how good he actually is, b/c I honestly like the guy and hope he does well. I just really hope he blossoms into a game-changing player.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT and MM woud be a good place to start!!!!!

:agree:

However, where the players are concerned, I'd have to say Franks is my biggest disappointment this year. After that would be Collins.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Members online

Latest posts