Where the Packers are in the NFC

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay is a strong second tier team at this point in the season (as they were the last time they “won it all”). That said, if they can go into the tourney with momentum...anything can happen. To me momentum will mean.... a win against Detroit and a respectable performance if not a win against The Queens. (A loss might actually put a chip on our shoulder going into The Dance) As Rodgers himself admitted, at this point it’s up to HIM to play better. Honestly, he’s going to the pro bowl this year based on reputation and performance that is getting further and further in the rear view mirror. We’ve got a puncher’s chance in the playoffs this year and frankly that’s what I hopes for as we try to recover from TT’s draft debacles...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
With the 49ers win last night, the Packers path to No. 1 seed is as follows:
  • Packers have to Win out.
  • Seahawks lose to Cardinals today.
  • 49ers lose to Seahawks in Week 17.
GB, SEA and SF each have 3 losses, and GB losses tiebreaker to both teams.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the 49ers win last night, the Packers path to No. 1 seed is as follows:
  • Packers have to Win out.
  • Seahawks lose to Cardinals today.
  • 49ers lose to Seahawks in Week 17.
GB, SEA and SF each have 3 losses, and GB losses tiebreaker to both teams.
Or Packers win out, Seattle vs Cardinals today any result and then 49ers and Seahawks tie :)

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're in the playoffs no matter what, when many of us were hoping for a 9-7 record. Whether it's the #1 or the #2 Seed that means 1 less game to get to Miami. In the Playoffs anything can happen, just like we witnessed the Cardinals beating Seattle, with none other than Brett Hundley holding off the Seahawks with over an entire quarter left to go. The 49ers have been on a meat grinder of a schedule for the last 2 months, how much longer do you think they'll hold up if they're the 5th seed? They'll have 3 road games against the best in the conference. We have a chance at revenge in Lambeau. Outside of the Saints, we are the only team going into the postseason at full strength. Being healthy and having a bye is HUGE if we can pull it off.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I predicted 10-6 and a division win. Therefore so far they've exceeded my expectations. Unfortunately it also looks like I underestimated the Viking a bit too since I thought 10-6 would win the division. Thought there would be more beating each other up.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gonna for the first time in my life be the biggest Seahawks fan hopefully in week 17.....all that matters is Monday for now tho

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1: Who exactly have the Vikings beat this year? Seems like you're giving then the benefit of the doubt over GB for no real reason other then it suits the narrative

2: If my math isnt mistaken the Packers are 5-1 against teams .500 or above so the idea that they only beaten one winning team this year is categorically false

3: You seem to be really putting a ton of stock into the 1 in the 5-1 record stated above. Yes it sucked. Still it is one game

4: I'm not sure how math works for you but you listed 7 teams (still curious on why Minnesota gets ranked ahead based on................) and then rated the Packers the 9th or 10th best team...... Math is essentially to everyday life

Baltimore looks like they're in a class by themselves right now but litteraly every other team has warts and has some bad losses and has suffered from the same inconsistency that you seem to only be holding GB accountable for.
Curious to know what your definition of winning is? In general its when your win percentage is above 500. Play 500 ball and you're not a winning team in my book.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Curious to know what your definition of winning is? In general its when your win percentage is above 500. Play 500 ball and you're not a winning team in my book.

Well let's hammer it down then. Just how far do they have to be above .500 for a win to count then? One game over? Two Games? 3?

Teams generally dont play 8-9 playoff teams in a season (until otherwise stated I'll assume PO team is good enough for you) so the sample size is going to be kind of small. Its 2-2 against current PO teams right now btw. Not a great mark but yet still not a horrible one (before today it was actually 3-1).

Like I said earlier though. Who have the Vikings beat? (you seem to not be holding them to the same standard). Also Seattle losing to Arizona must mean they really arent that good huh?

Also saying the Packers are the 9th or 10th best team and then proceeding to mention 7 teams is just an indictment of today's math classes

Seattle as a team has lost 2 of its last 3

Its entirely possible that SF enters the POs playing .500 ball going 4-4 the 2nd half of the year after a 8-0 start

The best team the Vikings have beat all year is Philly (they also lost to the Maholmesless Chiefs that didnt count when the Packers beat them)

NO was in the drivers seat and would still be in control of a bye but managed to choke and lose to Atlanta

I point these things out not because all the teams listed arent really damn good. But that some people would jump over the Packers if any of those things could be attached to them but get glossed over when looking at other teams.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

We still have a chance to become the weakest #1 seed in NFL history.

It's getting annoying that a lot of Packers fans don't enjoy that the team has a chance to clinch the #1 seed with two games left because they haven't been perfect.

Some perspective might be needed for some of you. Have the Packers been perfect??? Hell, no!!!

But after missing the playoffs for the past two seasons they have been good enough to win 11 of their first 14 games with a chance to finish the season at 13-3. Since the NFL adopted the current 16 game schedule in 1978 the Packers have won more than 13 games ONCE!!!

While there's no denying they haven't looked like a Super Bowl contender for parts of the season you have to understand that winning is tough in this league. If you want to watch your team blow out inferior opponents every single week it might be smart to support a college football powerhouse.

In addition it seems none of you have realized that the other contenders in the NFC have struggled mightily at times as well over the past few weeks, increasing my hopes of the Packers chances to make it to Miami, especially if they possibly have to face only one of the top contenders at home on their way to the Super Bowl.

I'm tired of other posters badmouthing what the team has accomplished because they haven't lived up to whatever unrealistic expectations they had entering the season.

If the Packers win tonight their strength of victory would rank fourth in the NFC at .447 just behind the Saints (.475), Seahawks (.466) and Niners (.450). The Vikings (.353) currently have the second weakest among all playoff teams, yet you want to make us believe they have beaten more quality teams.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm tired of other posters badmouthing what the team has accomplished because they haven't lived up to whatever unrealistic expectations they had entering the season.
You nailed it on every point in your post above. Just nailed it. But I'd say this part, their expectations were very very low. They're venting weekly to let us know that the Packers are meeting their expectations of being bad. They can't give credit, because credit means they might not be terrible. They appreciate nothing and have an excuse for every win. Every week they're wrong and every week their fervor against the team grows.

If they lose tonight their will be a handful of people messing their computer screens they've been saving it up for so long. and if they go on to a post season win or 2 or 3 but fall short of a super bowl, they'll remind us all how "right" they were again. They could win the super bowl after losing tonight and they'd still come back to a loss and try and convince everyone that "THAT game was the real GBPackers LOL and have excuses for why they won. I'm not even sure they like football as they seem to appreciate nothing about it or what it takes to win.

D

Deleted member 6794

You nailed it on every point in your post above. Just nailed it. But I'd say this part, their expectations were very very low. They're venting weekly to let us know that the Packers are meeting their expectations of being bad. They can't give credit, because credit means they might not be terrible. They appreciate nothing and have an excuse for every win. Every week they're wrong and every week their fervor against the team grows.

If they lose tonight their will be a handful of people messing their computer screens they've been saving it up for so long. and if they go on to a post season win or 2 or 3 but fall short of a super bowl, they'll remind us all how "right" they were again. They could win the super bowl after losing tonight and they'd still come back to a loss and try and convince everyone that "THAT game was the real GBPackers LOL and have excuses for why they won. I'm not even sure they like football as they seem to appreciate nothing about it or what it takes to win.

While you're most likely correct about it it's mind-boggling to me that there seem to be fans out there preferring to be right about the team not being a contender instead of enjoying to be proven wrong.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While you're most likely correct about it it's mind-boggling to me that there seem to be fans out there preferring to be right about the team not being a contender instead of enjoying to be proven wrong.

I struggle to call them fans...I am unsure what is a better name, but fans in the sense of the word doesn't fit IMO.

Members online

Latest posts