What's wrong with Joe Theismann?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
You mean other than him being an idiot?
Seriously, in the past I usually find myself liking players who wound up on the tube a lot better than when they on the field. Dan Dierdorf and Joe Theissman are notable exceptions. I often wonder how they keep their jobs. The most ridiculous and inane nonsense comes out of their pie holes on a regular basis.

Dan Dierdorf is one of the worst commentators ever.

As far as MNF goes, I think we all would agree Tony Kornhieser sucked too.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I seriously don't think there has been a great team since Howard, Don, and Frank. Nothing like the original I guess.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
I never cared for Thiesmann as a game announcer as much as I have for his work on NFL Network's Playbook. This is the only show I like because it has people like Thiesmann, Sharpe, Baldinger and others who's persona, knowledge and enthusiasm make this Xs & Os show a great watch. Another key to the success of this show is that the analysts are active.

Like navy personnel on the bridge or Star Trek's Romulans (take your pick), the first thing you notice is they're standing around a table. From there, an anaylst walks to the big screen to break down a given play followed by two or three analysts demonstrating the given play. To me, that kind of format is the key to successful programing.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never cared for Thiesmann as a game announcer as much as I have for his work on NFL Network's Playbook. This is the only show I like because it has people like Thiesmann, Sharpe, Baldinger and others who's persona, knowledge and enthusiasm make this Xs & Os show a great watch. Another key to the success of this show is that the analysts are active.

Like navy personnel on the bridge or Star Trek's Romulans (take your pick), the first thing you notice is they're standing around a table. From there, an anaylst walks to the big screen to break down a given play followed by two or three analysts demonstrating the given play. To me, that kind of format is the key to successful programing.

I think the Romulans would do a much better job.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
I think the Romulans would do a much better job.
I think someone should break Thiesmann's leg.

Ok, I won't mention any names. Let's just say I like NFL Network's Playbook. I think most of us can agree that nearly every host who has narrated a primetime nature show since the '70s have the best voices.

1) Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom with Marlin Perkins and Jim Fowler.
2) The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau with Rod Serling (It would be funny to hear him call a game).
3) Nature with George Page.

Latest posts