What's wrong with Joe Theismann?

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The funny thing about Theisman's list is that all the teams above the packers in his power rankings have a somewhat legitimate shot at beating the packers on a neutral field and I would be nervous about those games. The ones below have no shot (except the chiefs of course)

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Theisman isn't a very bright guy. Never has been. I don't pay him much mind.

I like the fact that people are writing the Packers off already. After one loss, it seems everyone has jumped onto the Saints and Niners bandwagon. Less pressure on us the better

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't been paying him much attention, tbh. Has he always made off the wall predictions like this? It makes me wonder if he's been smoking funny things.

LOLions

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's definitely smoking some good stuff
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Is that one of those laugh fests where one guy totally looses it, and then everybody starts laughing at the guy laughing, and nobody can stop? Because it wasn't ALL that funny.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
Joe Theismann's ranking of the Packers this week hasn't changed my view that he continues to be one of my favoite tv analysts. In fact, it was Theismann who convincingly established Rodgers as the best quarterback ever. The video was funny to me cause I needed a good belly laugh while I recover from my hernia surgery.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
It's his opinion, don't really effect me.

I never liked the guy personally, included when he was a commentator. I wish they'd bring back Joe Gibbs on CBS if they desperately need a Washington connection for a commentator.

Both Thiesmann and Sonny Jurgensen aren't that bright. It was Jurgensen that was praising Dan Synder to start a washed up Jeff George over young Brad Johnson, (whom had just won a Super Bowl not too long ago at the time) some years ago, the one and only time I agreed with Terry Bradshaw when he made fun of them both"Sonny and Jeff have one thing in common, they've never won anything!"

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Mark Rypien < Joe Thiesman.

I would put my money on Rypien to win, where Thiesman lost them a Super Bowl to the Raiders after the refs gave them the game against SF.

Even die hard Redskins fans will tell you Rypien would be there choice over big mouth Thiseman.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder what he would say if I waterboarded him? Im thinking the real rankings would come out

PackerFanInTexas

Packer fan since '93
Reaction score
I used to hate that guy being on Monday Night Football.

I remember the grousome hit LT put on his leg..... did someone smash his brain up too?
Check this out: http://fanrankings.nfl.com/results/experts?module=HP11_hot_topics

You mean other than him being an idiot?
Seriously, in the past I usually find myself liking players who wound up on the tube a lot better than when they on the field. Dan Dierdorf and Joe Theissman are notable exceptions. I often wonder how they keep their jobs. The most ridiculous and inane nonsense comes out of their pie holes on a regular basis.

Members online

Latest posts