1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Whats with all the Crosby hate.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Lunchboxer, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,388 / 7 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Poor GBP! Image if this was one of our favorite players we were talking about cutting! :(
  2. GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -1
    Wait a minute, you can't have it both ways. When Crocby misses a kick you say it's a team game and the team lost the game. Yet Crosby supporters are saying at the say time that HE won the Jets game all by himself. ??????
  3. GreenGoldAngel

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -1
    GreenBlood, next time you quote one of my posts, be courtious enough to quote the entire post and not cherry pick it like you did using 2001 to prove that Longwell was not that great. Regarding Crosby's powerful leg: Career percentage of FG made over 50 yards, Longwell 59% (with GB), Crosby 53.3%. I care about the Packer's welfare not Crosby's.
  4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    Why don't we do a poll then? Let's see how the majority feels...

Because, the way I'm looking at it, there are two guys defending him, and 35369 others bashing him.

But, yeah, the 2 guys are the clear voice of reason... Stupid, stupid vast majority.
  5. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
    I was using your logic, which I should probably avoid, given how illogical it is.
  6. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
    What the hell are you talking about? Are intentionally being obtuse or are you really that clueless? Obviously, I was pointing to Longwell's 2001 stats to show that ANY kicker can have a bad year, and 2001 was terrible for him. I NEVER said Longwell wasn't a good kicker. If you weren't paying close enough attention to get that, that's not my fault.

Let's compare apples to apples here. Experience is a big factor with kickers. In Longwell's first 4 seasons he was 55.5% on 50+ yarders. If Crosby hits his next 50 yarder, he will surpass Longwell's percentage in his first 4 seasons.

So who would you sign?
  7. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2

Fallacy: Appeal to Belief
  8. GreenGoldAngel

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -1
    GreenBlood....this what I was talking about. You ignored all the statistics I provided and only and only choose the line "I know why you choose 2001". I made my point and you ran away from it.
  9. GreenGoldAngel

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -1
    Obtuse? Clueless.?..I think on post #92 quite clear. You completely ignored the fact that Crosby's stats have gone done each year. But heck, what I find funny is so many posts over a kicker. No hard feelings on my part and I wish you well.
  10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,516 / 86 / -26
    So its about 50 yard field goals not overall field goal percentage? Thanks for clearing that up for me. Good to know those short yard ones arent worth as much.
  11. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
    You still don't get it, do you? I never ran away from anything. You further reinforced my position so I didn't think it required a response. My POINT was that even a good kicker can have a horrible season. Were you refuting that or something???
  12. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
    This year has 4 games to go and he's only 1% behind last year.
  13. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
    How about you go back and read? It was GreenGoldAngel that turned the focus to 50 yarders, not me.
  14. GreenGoldAngel

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -1
    I bet most forum members had no idea what you meant by bringing up the year 2001. Try making your point more clearly. Why didn't you say "that even a good kicker can have a bad year, for example Ryan Longwell in 2001"? IMO, you did a poor job making your point. Just let it go man.:sleep:
  15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,516 / 86 / -26
    How far do I have to go back for you to justify Crosby is worth keeping? I still havent read why you would want to keep one of the least accurate kickers in the league.
  16. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,516 / 86 / -26
    1 season I can understand. But every season? By that reasoning Peyton Manning is your 1 down year player (rookie season lets say), and Crosby is Alex Smith, never had a good season.
  17. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
    Go back and read post #18. I seriously doubt any reasonable person would think I was saying Longwell is a bad kicker. What I said was that people were saying the same negative stuff and worse about Longwell in 2001. The only logical reason I would even mention Longwell is because he IS a good kicker. To point to his 2001 season to demonstrate that Longwell is a BAD kicker would only defeat my own argument. What sense does that make?

When I referred to him in post #81, I used a qualifier. I said he was a disaster that year, which implies that he wasn't a disaster in other years. It was clear that I was referring to that one season as being a poor one and that season alone.

I highly doubt anyone but you thought that I was trying to say Longwell was a bad kicker in general. That would make no sense in the context of the discussion. The context was to show that even a good kicker can have a terrible year, and I think everyone else got that.

If most forum members missed my point, as you contend, I suspect there would be a dozen people blasitng me for saying Longwell is a bad kicker. For some reason, you're the only one.

I'm truly sorry you didn't understand what I meant, but I reject the idea that that's my fault.
  18. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
    What I'm against is the idea some have that we should cut him and sign some guy off the street. I'm all for bringing in competition for training camp next year. And yes, I'd love to have the Nebraska kid, but not for anything higher than a 6th round pick, or MAYBE a 5th rounder if we didn't have a 6th and there was nobody else on the board to immediately help our OL or pass rush.
  19. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652 / 39 / -2
    Crosby is young. Did you ever see Morten Anderson's first 3 seasons? Or Akers' 3 season slump from 05-07? Or Vinatieri's first 4 seasons... 3 of which were very mediocre? Or have you seen how many sub-80% seasons Gary Anderson had? All of those guys have reputations as great kickers. To just categorically declare that Crosby must go is a bit premature, unless someone else competes for the job and beats him out.
  20. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    Seen little discussion about this exact post..

I think he is trying to say......even good or GREAT kickers can have one down year

But Crosby has never been good or great lol He started out okay this year..but that Washington game stick in my head (I had forgotten bout that game)
  21. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,516 / 86 / -26
    No, I am not 82 years old. Did he wear a leather helmet?
  22. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    Of course that alone isn't reasoning.

But we've stated our reasons pretty clear. And if the VAST majority can see it, and you can't, I'm sorry, but odds are you are wrong.

But, hey, if you like missing key FGs and 70% accuracy, as well as bad kickoffs, go for it.

I don't.
  23. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109 / 1 / -0
    That was the first miss of Crosby’s career from inside 30 yards. He’s now 38-of-39 from inside 30 yards in his four-year career. Both McCarthy and special teams coach Shawn Slocum blamed a protection breakdown on the right side of the line, which forced Crosby to pull the kick to the left.

Slocum compared Crosby’s reaction to the pressure on his right side to that of a golfer who sees something flash out of the corner of his eye right before his swing. It’s only natural to compensate, subconsciously or not, in that split second.

There is the reason why he missed!
    • Like Like x 2
  24. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
  25. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,388 / 7 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    Who knew Crosby would cause a small war to break out up in here? He does have his fan base, LOL! Maybe this thread will be motivation for him to come out and kick like he is channeling his inner Morten Anderson (my fav all time kicker, somebody game him a mention previously). It worked for Starks, you never know!