Whats with all the Crosby hate.

L

Lunchboxer

All because he missed 1 FG.

I dont expect him to make every field goal he ever makes. He has been really good.

To the haters what are your expectations for a FG kicker.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not me! I like Crosby! I think we have a solid kicker for our future if we keep him and work with him. I don't expect him to make every kick, nobody is accurate 100% of the time. He at least is in the ballpark. Give the guy some love!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think since it was such a short FG att..If it was over 40 then yeah maybe let him slide, but a 29 yarder?

But I am okay with him kicking this year..Has proven for most part to be very good

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I dont expect him to make every field goal he ever makes. He has been really good.

Crosby is garbage. I wish they would cut him. Its one of my biggest issues with TT. Not the running game. Not the favre thing. Its keeping Crosby.

And no its not one field goal. Thats insane. Its bc for the past 3 seasons he has been the 25th or 26th best kicker in the league. In other words, compared to other kickers in the league he sucks. And really its not like the conditions are that extreme.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been more impressed with the 40 year old women they bring out of the stands to win $5,000 from some sponsor than I have been with Crosby. Kickers are a joke anyways. I think they (NFL) should get rid of them and go old school. Make the fat guys kick.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby has been awful for the past 2 seasons. He has had plenty of chances to win games, and has failed each time.

At AZ he missed a kick that would've won the game, he missed one at Chicago, at MN...

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score

It's not just one field goal, it's many that he's missed at chip shot distances. I think for most people, its disconcerting to see that, especially with as many games we've been in that come down to a last minute field goal. I dread the playoff game that puts the season on the shoulders of an unreliable kicker.

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby has been awful for the past 2 seasons. He has had plenty of chances to win games, and has failed each time.

At AZ he missed a kick that would've won the game, he missed one at Chicago, at MN...

Exactly. He's not consistent enough. While he may not be one of the worst, he's not productive enough to keep around.

Kickers are a dime a dozen. There's no reason to hang onto average kickers.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Because he is not as reliable compared to some other kickers. Plain and simple, he is very erratic and even though no kick is a guarantee other kickers seem to do much better.

Plus, it doesn't help that he came out with tons of hype either from Colorado.

erik_m_vos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you forget that his rookie season he lead the nfl in points? I don't think anyone should give up on him yet. There has to be something wrong with him mentally or something. You don't lead the NFL in scoring, then suck the rest of your career. Something has got to change

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care what he did in 2007. I care what he's done in 2010, and in 2010, his missed FG's caused us to lose three games this year. Missed a FG vs. the Bears, two vs. the Redskins, one against the Dolphins and another one today.

I don't remember all his misses from two years ago, but the important one is the one he shanked that cost us a season sweep of the Vikings. And he's been inconsistent ever since.

Time to dump him. We need someone who's clutch and will win us games if need be, not someone who's inconsistent. I have NO faith Crosby will win a game for us if we need him to.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you forget that his rookie season he lead the nfl in points? I don't think anyone should give up on him yet. There has to be something wrong with him mentally or something. You don't lead the NFL in scoring, then suck the rest of your career. Something has got to change

I cant tell if you are joking or not.

He sucked in 2007 too. 24th in FG %.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll tell you what, Crosby wins a few games with his leg and I'll lay off him. This guy WILL cost us in a tight game. Anyone who thinks that he is par for the NFL course is wrong. He gets the shanks in critical situations. Nate Kaeding of San Diego is his twin. Clutch? Never. Look in the NFC North - Hanson is clutch, Longwell is clutch, and Gould is solid if not clutch. Green Bay needs a clutch kicker.

Archangel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Mason, he is one of my favorite kickers, along with Adam V. and Jason Elam.

I also think Mason is the most underrated kicker in the NFL, he gets no love from nobody but Packer fans, mainly because only we can see his skill.

Most of the greats at his spot have missed field goals, Ryan Longwell missed field goals as a Packer, Adam missed them, everyone missed a field goal here and there.
:detsux:

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Most of the greats at his spot have missed field goals, Ryan Longwell missed field goals as a Packer, Adam missed them, everyone missed a field goal here and there.
Vinatieri's one of the most clutch kickers in NFL history.

I can't remember the last time Crosby hit a game winner.

It's not that he's missing a kick here or there, though he's doing that too, it's that he's awful in the clutch. Just horrible.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Time to draft a kicker next year (if there is football). Crosby has cost us way too many games. And will cost us in the playoffs along with our putrid ST.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People said the same stuff about Longwell after 2001 when he only made 64% of his kicks.... yes 64%! Crosby is fine. Someone made the asinine suggestion to trade a first round pick for Billy Cundiff. WTF?! ANY kicker can have a down year. Even the undisputedly great Morten Anderson had 8 sub-78% seasons. Elam had 6. Vinatieri has had 2. Akers has had 3. Jacke only had 2 season over 78% and we won a Super Bowl with him.

The point is that Crosby is too young to give up on because of a couple sub-78% seasons, and he could still get over that threshold in the last 4 games of this season.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Time to dump him. We need someone who's clutch and will win us games if need be, not someone who's inconsistent. I have NO faith Crosby will win a game for us if we need him to.

Okay... WHO? Give me names. Don't give me any of that "anybody would be better BS." If you have anyone in mind, who are they?

Archangel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People said the same stuff about Longwell after 2001 when he only made 64% of his kicks.... yes 64%! Crosby is fine. Someone made the asinine suggestion to trade a first round pick for Billy Cundiff. WTF?! ANY kicker can have a down year. Even the undisputedly great Morten Anderson had 8 sub-78% seasons. Elam had 6. Vinatieri has had 2. Akers has had 3. Jacke only had 2 season over 78% and we won a Super Bowl with him.

The point is that Crosby is too young to give up on because of a couple sub-78% seasons, and he could still get over that threshold in the last 4 games of this season.

I agree completely, people tend to give up on players.
He is too young to throw away, and he could be the top kicker in the playoffs and or next season(if there is one). Bottom line, I know a team that trades away or cuts players who had a not great year but good or OK. Those players where picked up and are now top guys, my example of the team I speak of: Peyton Hillis, Ryan Torain, Casey Weigman.

YoKramer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As has been stated

1. He cant seem to make that one to win the game no matter the distance
2. Sure the man can kick the random 50 yarder but see 1
3. His Kickoffs have been horrid this season. In pre-Season he was kicking them thru the endzone now he can barely get there even in a dome.
4. He has put 4 ... yes FOUR ... Kickoffs out of bounds this year. That is extremely unacceptable IMO and should be the icing on the cake for looking for another Kicker.

Archangel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As has been stated

1. He cant seem to make that one to win the game no matter the distance
2. Sure the man can kick the random 50 yarder but see 1
3. His Kickoffs have been horrid this season. In pre-Season he was kicking them thru the endzone now he can barely get there even in a dome.
4. He has put 4 ... yes FOUR ... Kickoffs out of bounds this year. That is extremely unacceptable IMO and should be the icing on the cake for looking for another Kicker.

The Chargers kicker, whom is called one of the most accurate, missed 3 field goals last season in the playoffs. Now we, I mean you are talking about this season, this was the playoffs. Everyone thought the Chargers would trade Nate (there kicker), but they didn't.
Have some faith in the guy, I understand everything you are talking about, but how often do our team end up needing a gaming winning field goal? We have 4 lost because of lack of running, and a few injury woes, not because of our kicker.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
poor Mason!
I hate when any player makes a bad play! Then he gets alot of talk, both pro's and con's... I know its frustrating, on both sides of the coin. (I guess that's what the message board is about,..hammering out what could be done better ect.)

I'm just happy DD made a fantastic play this game, and he's not getting any of the grumbling!

Last game is was "12" for the fumble!

Lets hope the game against the Lions, EVERY player is on the top of their game! :clapping:

Archangel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
poor Mason!
I hate when any player makes a bad play! Then he gets alot of talk, both pro's and con's... I know its frustrating, on both sides of the coin. (I guess that's what the message board is about,..hammering out what could be done better ect.)

I'm just happy DD made a fantastic play this game, and he's not getting any of the grumbling!

Last game is was "12" for the fumble!

Lets hope the game against the Lions, EVERY player is on the top of their game! :clapping:

I agree, it is the boards. I think thats how being a fan works, when one player screw up, that player is the talk of the board, but I bet if next week vs my little brothers Lions, if we win because of 2 Mason Crosby kicks, or a game winning kick, most of the people talking about how bad he is, will be praising him.
I was gonna bring up that fumble, 12 himself said he thinks they lost because of the fumble. Next week win or lose there will be another scapegoat for the boards to talk about.

Members online

Latest posts