Week 2: Aaron's march through Atlanta

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking shootout. Good day for Aaron, and this time the D makes just enough plays.
Packers, 34-31

Reaction score
I liked what we did involving the RB's in the passing game, that became effective during the second half. I think one niche right now is getting our running backs in space for short dump offs.
This certainly is not and "end-all" solution to missing a starting tackle, but I'd like to see more 2 TE sets.. I think having the option of TE bookends helps slow the pass rush a bit while offering some more versatility in receiving targets. Martellus Bennett absolutely manhandled his defender on that 7 yard Monty TD last week. No way Richard Rodgers does that.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is there any way we could invite the falcons to our damn practice? the way packers get injured during practice is a concern now. hell, now we have to be on edge during a whole week of practice wondering who will get hurt during that week.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
is there any way we could invite the falcons to our damn practice? the way packers get injured during practice is a concern now. hell, now we have to be on edge during a whole week of practice wondering who will get hurt during that week.

Fear not.......rumor has it the Packers have found a way to address this situation!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This fan might be onto something for a way to reduce head injuries, but if they were sitting in front of me wearing that......I might find something to "play the drums" with until they took it off.

D

Deleted member 6794

Was it 2015 when Bak was hurt? I think the Packers had to patchwork the OL that year and Rodgers was always running for his life.

Hopefully Bakhtiari will be able to play and be effective on Sunday. You just have to take a look at the Cardinals or Vikings game during the 2015 regular season to realize the Packers might be in huge trouble if they have to replace him. With Spriggs being sidelined there's not even a viable backup currently on the roster.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I sound like a broken record I'm sure at times, but with the way that both offenses could be poised to throw up big points, I'll repeat what I said prior to the regular season game last season, and before the NFC Championship game. Turnover margin will be absolutely critical. It is every single week obviously in the NFL, but in a game like this moreso than normal. What derailed the Packers this past January? The Rip fumble, and the Crosby missed FG. Even though a missed FG isn't technically a turnover, it certainly felt like one. And even though the Rodgers interception was essentially a punt in that situation from 3rd and long backed up deep, the final tally still read that Atlanta won the turnover battle 2-0.

Take the week 8 matchup last year. Zero turnovers on both sides, and it was essentially a stalemate. One big turnover would have won the game potentially for the opposing team.

In both matchups, the Packers had opportunities for turnovers because Matt Ryan ALWAYS gives you chances at turnovers. If this defense has turned the corner, it will come up with a big turnover or two in this game, and from there it's a matter of Rodgers and the offense eliminating all big mistakes.

If that happens, the Packers have a tremendous shot. If not, expect much of the same. Packers constantly trying to play catch up, and the offense expected to score on every possession just to have a chance.

I absolutely cannot WAIT for this matchup. It's going to be quite revealing to what type of team we have here.

PackIngIt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
May the football gods hear you loud and clear.
Hello Packers. Back again since the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP. There was alot of disrespect from the homers (We have them to). I see this year a different tone. We fear this game for one reason only. The GREAT Aaron Rogers. Besides that our RG is terrible right now. If GB can exploit that RG with stunts & blitz on his side will eliminate our deep passing attack. You have to have someone in Matt Ryan face so he cannot step into his throws. We didn't run any screens plays against CHI. We were very vanilla. GB MUST have a balance attack. You must run stretch plays screen plays & draw plays. Things to watch for: Taylor Gabriel will have a BIG impact. Our D# is better than what ppl think. Chi offensive is massive. Playing on grass we are slower than home. Expect Julio to go over 100yds. Expect A-Rod to get hit A LOT! Expect a exciting game. RISE UP!!!!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but if both Bulaga AND Bahk can't go on Sunday........my #1 goal is "Keep AR alive"! Falcons have to be licking their chops at possibly facing Murphy one one side and Pankey, a guy the Packers cut and resigned to their PS on the other side.

Hoping for good health soon for our Tackles......all 4 of them (Bahk, Bulaga, Spriggs and Barc)

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but if both Bulaga AND Bahk can't go on Sunday........my #1 goal is "Keep AR alive"! Falcons have to be licking their chops at possibly facing Murphy one one side and Pankey, a guy the Packers cut and resigned to their PS on the other side.

Hoping for good health soon for our Tackles......all 4 of them (Bahk, Bulaga, Spriggs and Barc)
Yeah. It would obviously be nice to win the game, but my chess head says it's more important to keep AR vertical.

If both cannot go, I can't help but think we'll be seeing some more 12 personnel in this game, and in our spread packages providing help to at least Aaron's left. That way, at least his blindside is covered.

That, or go empty and nickel and dime it down the field. Get the ball out on 3 step drops as much as possible.

Either way, if both aren't able to go, I'll be interested to see how creative McCarthy gets with his personnel groupings and his play calling.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hello Packers. Back again since the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP. There was alot of disrespect from the homers (We have them to). I see this year a different tone. We fear this game for one reason only. The GREAT Aaron Rogers. Besides that our RG is terrible right now. If GB can exploit that RG with stunts & blitz on his side will eliminate our deep passing attack. You have to have someone in Matt Ryan face so he cannot step into his throws. We didn't run any screens plays against CHI. We were very vanilla. GB MUST have a balance attack. You must run stretch plays screen plays & draw plays. Things to watch for: Taylor Gabriel will have a BIG impact. Our D# is better than what ppl think. Chi offensive is massive. Playing on grass we are slower than home. Expect Julio to go over 100yds. Expect A-Rod to get hit A LOT! Expect a exciting game. RISE UP!!!!

Hmmm....we play the Falcons this week? I guess all of us were looking ahead to the Cowboys game ;)

With the current state of our OL, #12 is going to be looking for some quick hitters to our WR.s TE's and RB. Chicago and the Patriots exploited that "mighty" Atlanta defense doing it.....looks like we may have to follow suit.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Hmmm....we play the Falcons this week? I guess all of us were looking ahead to the Cowboys game ;)

With the current state of our OL, #12 is going to be looking for some quick hitters to our WR.s TE's and RB. Chicago and the Patriots exploited that "mighty" Atlanta defense doing it.....looks like we may have to follow suit.
And lets not forget that moving the ball against Atlanta wasn't the issue in that game for the most part.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Not sure who this Aaron Rogers guy is that you speak of. He must be something serious. ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not sure who this Aaron Rogers guy is that you speak of. He must be something serious. ;)

I look forward to #12 Dropping the Atlanta "D" for he might be in your neighborhood soon.......

PackIngIt

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GB is going to have to wear down our defense. NE offense ran 93 plays against our defense. Our D force QB to **** & dunk. Hoping the QB force throws in tight coverage. Brady had a pick 6 in the Super Bowl. Why? We pressured Brady & hit him hard. 4th qtr. the defense was exhausted. Couldn't get no pressure.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Vegas is going to be seeing a ton of money bet on the Falcons to cover the small spread. While i never bet on Football, nor would I ever bet against the Packers, with the state of our OL up in the air, this game on the surface looks like way too easy of money for the betters. Here's to hoping Vegas gets even richer off of all the confident Falcon fans this weekend!

PackIngIt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL is any given Sunday. Confident b/c We have a good team. Cautious because you have a good team. Excited b/c We are playing GB at home in New stadium.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully Bakhtiari will be able to play and be effective on Sunday. You just have to take a look at the Cardinals or Vikings game during the 2015 regular season to realize the Packers might be in huge trouble if they have to replace him. With Spriggs being sidelined there's not even a viable backup currently on the roster.
I figure the Packers offensive line will be the culprit that derails Rodgers march through Atlanta.
Hopefully Rodgers comes out of this game alive and well.
The offensive line will likely be a problem all season.
Every year it seems to be one position or another that derails our season.
Being this injured along the OL two weeks into the season doesn't bode well for this group.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
GB is going to have to wear down our defense. NE offense ran 93 plays against our defense. Our D force QB to **** & dunk. Hoping the QB force throws in tight coverage. Brady had a pick 6 in the Super Bowl. Why? We pressured Brady & hit him hard. 4th qtr. the defense was exhausted. Couldn't get no pressure.
Well then it's a good thing that we have a quarterback which has the best TD to INT ratio in the history of the National Football League. ;)

By the way - when's the last time Rodgers threw a meaningful interception against your defense? And don't give me the one in the NFC Championship game. That pass was essentially a punt. He was trying to make something happen on 3rd and long and was fine if the end result was an interception. Actually did better than most of the punts the Packers produce. :roflmao:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I figure the Packers offensive line will be the culprit that derails Rodgers march through Atlanta.
Hopefully Rodgers comes out of this game alive and well.
The offensive line will likely be a problem all season.
Every year it seems to be one position or another that derails our season.
Being this injured along the OL two weeks into the season doesn't bode well for this group.

Injuries I can "forgive", those are a part of football and hard to predict. What I was trying to wrap my head around almost 2 weeks ago and even more so today, is the lack of experience the Packers decided to start the season with in regards to OL depth. The only 2 guys with much of any experience were Spriggs and Barclay. Barclay's injury status was known before the cutdowns, as was Sprigg's slow development.

If Bulaga and Bahk can't go and Rodgers gets "blown up" on Sunday, this one is on TT for once again thinking he can build a solid roster with UDFA's and late round picks being forced to start when they aren't ready.

As I said before, I hope I am wrong.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how about we start of list of teams with 4 quality starters at tackle and then go from there.
We faced one of the absolute best defenses and defensive lines in football with our late round pick filling in at one spot and did ok. Spriggs was a 2nd round pick and has been up and down. Veteran tackles with tread on the tires are cheap and plentiful in the NFL? If bulaga and BahkT can't go, it's not on Ted, LOL because every other team in the league will take the loss of 2 starting tackles right in stride :) The old man is too stupid to realize the NFL gives the packers roster and salary cap exemptions