Vikings pt deux Studs and Duds

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very interesting and telling stat about the Defense as of late:

Per PFF, Cousins was under pressure on 17 drop backs (47%). You know how many times the Packers blitzed? Once. A single time. As the season has gone on, the Packers have been killing teams with the ability to generate pressure with 3 or 4 rushers.

Of course MN's line is pretty dreadful...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
other than the turnovers it really wasn't an ugly win. on the other hand it wasn't beautiful either. the D was dominant, the O worked pretty well...especially in the 2nd half. it was a typical inter-division, rivalry, type game i thought. hard fought between two teams who know each other well.

I would disagree and say that it was THE most complete and beautiful win of the year. Turnovers suck, but they can happen and despite 3 of them in the first half of a game on the road, against a decent division rival, the Packers overcame them and dominated in almost every aspect of the game. Also, I would give the Vikings defense more credit on the 3 turnovers, than I would fault our offense for them.

Side Note: The Vikings and Bears are 2 teams in our division that seem to have a knack for ripping the ball out. I assume this is a coached skill and one I would love to see more of from our defense.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
anybody pick up Jay Ajayi yet?
I haven't heard that he has been, but I get the feeling that he is done for the year. I read that the Eagles felt he hadn't fully recovered from his ACL injury and has lost some speed. Heck, they cut him and signed former Packer TE Richard Rodgers, that isn't much of an endorsement as to what Ajayi meant to them.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, I get it was a little behind, but he got two hands on it. That should equal a catch for any NFL receiver.

I have a problem with this statement we see and hear all the time.. (Not really picking your opinion apart)

Why is it okay to say the wr HAS to make that catch if it's any where near his 2 hands?

But we are not allowed to say the qb needs to throw it better?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course MN's line is pretty dreadful...
I think the combination of the pass coverage and forcing teams away from the run game has allowed our 4 to tee off..sometimes it can be done.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasn't directed at you :)

I was agreeing with you 100%, the last part was for the same group of Nancies. Every week with the excuses why we win because they've been predicting losses. it was pissy, mostly because they deserve it. Every week they watch to see why we should lose and why we aren't any good. Good things happen they disappear. Bad things happen, like Adams dropping a pass, and the entire team sucks, we're facade, every one is better, the Vikings were better in every way. Heard that one for the past month. Rodgers gets sacked and he just can't play anymore, he's slipping, the team can't hack it, season is over. We'll luck our way into the playoffs etc, and on and on and on. That was all for the people that know it was for them. But not you, have a cup of cheer on me :)

Oh, okay. I just totally missed your change of audience. From my POV it was like you were saying a lot of things I agreed with and then out of the blue you were just berating me for no reason. :confused::(:D

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But that would be asking a lot for anybody to catch that one. I think Rodgers rushed his throw there tbh.

Go back and look at it again. It was thrown to his inside hip. Adams is a Pro Bowl WR. It's not too much to ask a guy like him to catch a ball when he is able to get both hands on it. Lesser players make tougher catches than that. Even G'mo and Kumerow have made tougher catches this year than that one was. It was a drop and he should have caught it. I was merely pointing out it was inaccurate to say that he "caught everything."

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a problem with this statement we see and hear all the time.. (Not really picking your opinion apart)

Why is it okay to say the wr HAS to make that catch if it's any where near his 2 hands?

But we are not allowed to say the qb needs to throw it better?

If someone said you're not allowed to say that, it wasn't me. But nearly every pass could be thrown better. Very few passes are perfect. Receivers have what is known as a "catch radius." It's the range of ball placement that he can be reasonably expected to make a catch more often than not. Receivers with a good catch radius are sought after. The ball was well within his established radius. It wasn't just "near" his 2 hands. He got both of them on it. It should have been caught and most of the time he would have. That time, with a TD on the line, he didn't.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If someone said you're not allowed to say that, it wasn't me. But nearly every pass could be thrown better. Very few passes are perfect. Receivers have what is known as a "catch radius." It's the range of ball placement that he can be reasonably expected to make a catch more often than not. Receivers with a good catch radius are sought after. The ball was well within his established radius. It wasn't just "near" his 2 hands. He got both of them on it. It should have been caught and most of the time he would have. That time, with a TD on the line, he didn't.

In general people say the wr needs to catch that.

Rodgers himself said he needed to throw it better.

A simple yes or no.

If thrown closer to pylon area..would it been easier to catch?

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In general people say the wr needs to catch that.

Rodgers himself said he needed to throw it better.

A simple yes or no.

If thrown closer to pylon area..would it been easier to catch?

It would have been an easier catch for Adams if it was closer to the pylon. I think we can all agree that both the WR and QB had to be better on that play. Rodgers isn't as accurate as he once was so let's hope he is better going forward.