Vikings pt deux Studs and Duds

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The run defense has been quite a bit better since the SF game. Kenny Clark came back from his bye in much better condition.

Having Cook and Mattison both out certainly made a difference, but the Packers still dominated the Minny offensive line.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Thought I heard it babbled that he was in. I went looking for a snap count before I posted but didn't see it. FO hadn't updated yet.

Ervin played in 7 offensive plays. Was targeted once and he made the catch 4 yds behind the LOS and ended up picking up 6 yds. on the play.

Jamaal Williams went out of the game with an apparent shoulder injury, I can't find any updates on him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The run defense has been quite a bit better since the SF game. Kenny Clark came back from his bye in much better condition.

Having Cook and Mattison both out certainly made a difference, but the Packers still dominated the Minny offensive line.
Ken finally is healthy

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ervin played in 7 offensive plays. Was targeted once and he made the catch 4 yds behind the LOS and ended up picking up 6 yds. on the play.

Jamaal Williams went out of the game with an apparent shoulder injury, I can't find any updates on him.
Mri is scheduled

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, there aren't 32 decent starting QBs in this league. Only a handful of them are worth what teams are paying them. MN is overpaying Cousins big time but his line did him no favors. I hope Packers fans appreciate the good fortune we've had at this important position all these years.
probably but he's been good stat wise for 2-3 years. he had a poor game today that's for sure.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's definitely beyond his prime (the numbers say so and so do your eyes) but he's still good. better talent around him will surely help.
Yeah, really he has no #2 receiver and the tightends are below average. Not much to work with there.

Albert Park

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - ZSmith 55, A Jones 33, Packers Divisional Champions

Duds - The fumblers. Though it didn't cost us in the long run. Me, fancy having the Vikes as your defensive team in Fantasy NFL costing you a super bowl win.

Still, Merry Christmas everyone. The season doesn't end next week. We fight on again :)

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You started the VIKINGS D against your own team with a real football championship (NFC N) and home field advantage on the line?!?

What in good God man?

We're you fist pumping on that int and fumble recovery?

Say it isn't so...

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watched a clip of Ryan Clark breaking down Kings INT. Props to him for pointing this out.

The Vikings were running the same play that King got burned on in their first matchup. The Packers ran the exact same bracket coverage they did in the first meeting only with Jaire having the initial coverage and King read it right of the bat from the opposite side of the field (Jaire did also in the first game but just didnt get there in time)

Now that's learning from your mistakes

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
those are plays our best players need to start making with regularity.

On one hand, disappointed in the turnovers and that drop. 3 best players on offense giving MN points, BUT the team overcame, battled thru and never stopped believing in themselves. That part pleases me :)

They put themselves in huge holes against a team many thought were just a better team from top to bottom and won handily. They did it on the road, in a place they've had trouble winning. I'm sure a few of you still have excuses to how GB won despite predicting losses in this game, the last and the one before that, BUT

Yes there are things to work on, but if you can't see that this team can compete for something special, why do you even watch?

Okay, first off, your pissy tone was not necessary. You spend 75% of your response agreeing with what I said and then end it with a ******** comment like "why do you even watch?" What the hell, man?

That said, my comment was directly in response to someone else's statement about Adams catching everything. I simply pointed out that wasn't actually true.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More on the QB throwing it behind him and not to the pylon. But then DA makes that catch more often then not.

Yeah, I get it was a little behind, but he got two hands on it. That should equal a catch for any NFL receiver.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On one hand, disappointed in the turnovers and that drop. 3 best players on offense giving MN points, BUT the team overcame, battled thru and never stopped believing in themselves. That part pleases me :)

Without those three uncharacteristic turnovers, the score probably would have been more like 34 - 3.

Albert Park

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You started the VIKINGS D against your own team with a real football championship (NFC N) and home field advantage on the line?!?

What in good God man?

We're you fist pumping on that int and fumble recovery?

Say it isn't so...

No fist pumping but I felt sick when the vikes got their TD. Give me a real championship over a fantasy one anyday.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, first off, your pissy tone was not necessary. You spend 75% of your response agreeing with what I said and then end it with a ******** comment like "why do you even watch?" What the hell, man?

That said, my comment was directly in response to someone else's statement about Adams catching everything. I simply pointed out that wasn't actually true.
It wasn't directed at you :)

I was agreeing with you 100%, the last part was for the same group of Nancies. Every week with the excuses why we win because they've been predicting losses. it was pissy, mostly because they deserve it. Every week they watch to see why we should lose and why we aren't any good. Good things happen they disappear. Bad things happen, like Adams dropping a pass, and the entire team sucks, we're facade, every one is better, the Vikings were better in every way. Heard that one for the past month. Rodgers gets sacked and he just can't play anymore, he's slipping, the team can't hack it, season is over. We'll luck our way into the playoffs etc, and on and on and on. That was all for the people that know it was for them. But not you, have a cup of cheer on me :)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Very interesting and telling stat about the Defense as of late:

Per PFF, Cousins was under pressure on 17 drop backs (47%). You know how many times the Packers blitzed? Once. A single time. As the season has gone on, the Packers have been killing teams with the ability to generate pressure with 3 or 4 rushers.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dean Lowry has progressed nicely to compliment Kenny Clark.. and then you can just put Z down anywhere and maybe Preston.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dean Lowry has progressed nicely to compliment Kenny Clark.. and then you can just put Z down anywhere and maybe Preston.
Forgot to add Lowry to Studs list. He played solid all game and had a bunch of good plays beating his blocker. One in particular where he blew up his blocker and destroyed a play in the backfield.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disappointing at the empty chatter about ugly win. This was a very balanced performance and I hope they continue to build on this template; and catch those damn balls...
other than the turnovers it really wasn't an ugly win. on the other hand it wasn't beautiful either. the D was dominant, the O worked pretty well...especially in the 2nd half. it was a typical inter-division, rivalry, type game i thought. hard fought between two teams who know each other well.

Members online

No members online now.