Trade market before the cutdowns

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Which of the non-starters have any trade value? Nijman could get a day 3 and save $4m unless paying some of that is part of the deal to get a better return. Nixon maybe. Dillon would but that ain't happening. Hollins? McDuffie? Tayler? RBs will be a dime a dozen after Tuesday and would have no real value. None of the safeties have shown anything. Rest of the team is basically too young to have established a history. You'd be trading based on potential which hurts return value.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't think about trading Nixon, he's gonna be a weapon as a returner again.

Nijman id consider tho im not so sure he isnt more valuable as a backup than a late round pick. The 4 million saved is nice cluld roll over to 2024 but I expect the Packers to be in a great position salary cap wise for 2024 free agency because I believe they will trade Bakhtiari and save around 20 million on the cap

I also like McDuffie and see him as the number 3 inside linebacker

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Injuries happen and the 4 million they would save by trading yosh won’t sign someone useful to play the line. He is valuable. I really don’t think Green Bay has any good non starter trade assets… and Nixon will not be traded

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Injuries happen and the 4 million they would save by trading yosh won’t sign someone useful to play the line. He is valuable. I really don’t think Green Bay has any good non starter trade assets… and Nixon will not be traded
I'm thinking we could get better than a Ford [Dodge] safety or a decent 3rd TE for Nijman. Caleb Jones isn't far behind Nijman and swinging Jenkins out in a pinch has been done.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Which of the non-starters have any trade value? Nijman could get a day 3 and save $4m unless paying some of that is part of the deal to get a better return. Nixon maybe. Dillon would but that ain't happening. Hollins? McDuffie? Tayler? RBs will be a dime a dozen after Tuesday and would have no real value. None of the safeties have shown anything. Rest of the team is basically too young to have established a history. You'd be trading based on potential which hurts return value.
Pretty much a buyers market at this point. I don't think you can get much for anyone right now.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Good point. I also think there’s so many good backups flooding the market by this Tuesday that the value of all backups just dropped.
If you're a crappy franchise with a crappy roster, this is get better quickly and cheaply week. Some teams will be able to find guys that will be starters in a couple weeks.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Removing likelihood and personal biasness:

- Yosh is the perfect one, proven starting level T in the NFL. A team that knows and needs this I could easily see go with a 4th for him or a 3rd for him/7th type swing thing.
- Dillon, if GB isn't planning on signing him this could be a way to go (FTR I think there is less than 2% chance of this) but he would have value for sure on a rookie deal and proven ball mover that has hands.

Otherwise you have to dip into the starters to really probably have anything....maybe late round flyer value for Enagbare to the right team.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Removing likelihood and personal biasness:

- Yosh is the perfect one, proven starting level T in the NFL. A team that knows and needs this I could easily see go with a 4th for him or a 3rd for him/7th type swing thing.
- Dillon, if GB isn't planning on signing him this could be a way to go (FTR I think there is less than 2% chance of this) but he would have value for sure on a rookie deal and proven ball mover that has hands.

Otherwise you have to dip into the starters to really probably have anything....maybe late round flyer value for Enagbare to the right team.
Buffalo was sniffing around dillon before the draft.. it’s just really unlikely Green Bay trades him I think he is the main back once jones leaves next year.. ( which I wish doesn’t happen)

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Buffalo was sniffing around dillon before the draft.. it’s just really unlikely Green Bay trades him I think he is the main back once jones leaves next year.. ( which I wish doesn’t happen)
Agree. I don't see the Packers parting ways with Dillon at all. Imo, LaFleur is going to want to keep Love in reasonably good down and distance situations and Dillon is a major player in that quest. If our offensive line plays well, 3rd and 5 becomes a possible running play.

Reaction score
Agree. I don't see the Packers parting ways with Dillon at all. Imo, LaFleur is going to want to keep Love in reasonably good down and distance situations and Dillon is a major player in that quest. If our offensive line plays well, 3rd and 5 becomes a possible running play.
I think we’ll balance slightly more pass-run ratio until our receivers prove acclimated to our new QB. So the RB’s will get plenty of Carry load early in and that might also be a possible reason to keep a 3rd FB or HB

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I think we’ll balance slightly more pass-run ratio until our receivers prove acclimated to our new QB. So the RB’s will get plenty of Carrie’s early in and that might also be a possible reason to keep a 3rd FB or HB
I'm glad they kept 3 RB's and not 7 WR's.

Reaction score
I'm glad they kept 3 RB's and not 7 WR's.
Yeah I agree. If we just run the ball 5 etc.. times more per contest than 2022, that’s enough to justify keeping a 3rd back. It’s also hard to have 2 RB’s not miss anytime sI having a 3rd that’s primed to go is pretty important imo.

Reaction score
I wonder if they see Musgrave as a sort of hybrid TE/WR? If so, that might have had an effect on how many WRs they kept. Just a guess here, nothing else.
I’ve always said he’s just a mammoth
WR. He’s even lined up out wide on occasion.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you do jet sweeps with a TE you know he has speed.
That's one of the reasons I thought about him being a dual threat. Plus the fact that he ran a couple of real deep routes in the last preseason game. I think they were seeing what he's got in that role, and were satisfied he can handle that role.

Reaction score
That's one of the reasons I thought about him being a dual threat. Plus the fact that he ran a couple of real deep routes in the last preseason game. I think they were seeing what he's got in that role, and were satisfied he can handle that role.
From an article from Heavy about Luke

We’re going to throw as much at him until we’re like, ‘All right, that’s probably too much,’” LaFleur said. “Right now he’s doing a great job of being able to handle it, so we’re going to keep pushing him.”

This is why I keep saying this year is going to be atypical. I get some saying that we don’t normally produce early in an Offense and that is true. That has nothing to do with this team or this year because we don’t have normal season to season conditions. This team is very young but it’s also very different and very talented and very motivated and very well coached.

Cutdowns are in the past. What I loved about the Colorado Buff’s theme (my summary of what Prime said) is that they didn’t let preconceived notions or fear of unknown put them in a box. They just went out and did in the spotlight what they’ve been doing in practice behind closed doors. This similarly young GB team needs to take a lesson from that mentality playbook.

Last edited: