The 2023 - Original 53 Man Roster

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playing the IR game with someone, I assume Wicks or Tenuta....and soon a long snapper will be added back, rumor is Orzech is the guy.

Key takeaways...only 2 QBs with the quarterback rule makes sense. THREE UDFAs make it - Emmanuel Wilson, Brenton Cox, Malik Heath. All of our 2023 draftees are on the roster except 7th round picks Lew Nichols and Grant DuBose

QB
Jordan Love -
Sean Clifford - Drafted

RB
Aaron Jones -
AJ Dillon -
Emanuel Wilson - Signed 5/22/23 UDFA

WR
Samori Toure -
Romeo Doubs -
Christian Watson -

Jayden Reed - Drafted
Dontayvion Wicks - Drafted
Malik Heath - UDFA

TE
Josiah Deguara -

Lucas Musgrave - Drafted
Tucker Kraft - Drafted

OL
David Bakhtiari -
Elgton Jenkins -
Royce Newman -
Jon Runyan -
Josh Myers -
Sean Rhyan -
Zach Tom -
Rasheed Walker -

Yosh Nijman - tendered
Luke Tenuta - Signed to futures 1/10/23
Caleb Jones - Signed to futures 1/10/23

DT/DE (6)
Kenny Clark -
Tedarrell Slaton -
Devonte Wyatt -
Jonathan Ford -

Colby Wooden - Drafted
Karl Brooks - Drafted

OLB (6)
Preston Smith
Rashan Gary
Kingsley Enagbare
Justin Hollins -

Lukas Van Ness - Drafted
Brenton Cox - UDFA

ILB (5)
Isaiah McDuffie -
DeVondre Campbell -
Quay Walker -
Eric Wilson
-
Tariq Carpenter -

CB (4)
Jaire Alexander -
Rasul Douglas -
Keisean Nixon - Signed 3/15/23
Carrington Valentine - Drafted

*Stokes PUP

S (5)
Darnell Savage -
Rudy Ford - Signed 3/17/23
Dallin Leavitt - Signed 4/4/23
Anthony Johnson Jr - Drafted
Jonathan Owens - Signed FA 5-12-23

Special Teams

Anders Carlson - Drafted
Daniel Whelan - P signed 5/17/23

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
4 CBs was a surprise as well as the 11 OL. That's 2 more OL than most expected. They must think Stokes will return in really good shape and at the earliest chance. Still expect an OL to be swapped out for a TE. Could also see a tackle swapped for a backup center. Heard the Jets had one on a rookie contract they had no room for.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4 CBs was a surprise as well as the 11 OL. That's 2 more OL than most expected. They must think Stokes will return in really good shape and at the earliest chance. Still expect an OL to be swapped out for a TE. Could also see a tackle swapped for a backup center. Heard the Jets had one on a rookie contract they had no room for.

I expect Tenuta to go to IR on designation that's the LS spot back....but if Wicks goes on IR with designation that could be a CB or Stokes even eventually. I do know in a pinch Anthony Johnson Jr played three years of corner in college and I know has taken work there some occasionally in camp. Will be interesting when Stokes comes back who that brings down

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
if Wicks goes on IR with designation
Designation for what? Designation for return doesn't exist anymore. Anyone put on IR after today can return at any point in the season. Only restriction I can think of is only 8 times can it be used by the team. Another could be they have to be out for a minimum # of weeks (4?)

Reaction score
I think Royce is on the edge of the chopping block. Yes he’s got experience, but he had a poor Preseason overall. He’s got me concerned that he’s in a some sort of slump. Possibly he’s just overachieved up to this year? idk. He doesn’t look good at all he’s kinda acting lost out there.
I won’t be severely surprised to see Royce not make the 53. Nothing personal but If he stays it’s only because he’s got some experience on a relatively young Offense or because someone else is really playing poorly.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Designation for what? Designation for return doesn't exist anymore. Anyone put on IR after today can return at any point in the season. Only restriction I can think of is only 8 times can it be used by the team. Another could be they have to be out for a minimum # of weeks (4?)

Appreciate that correction, forgot that went away.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Royce is on the edge of the chopping block. Yes he’s got experience, but he had a poor Preseason overall. He’s got me concerned that he’s in a some sort of slump. Possibly he’s just overachieved up to this year? idk. He doesn’t look good at all he’s kinda acting lost out there.
I won’t be severely surprised to see Royce not make the 53. Nothing personal but If he stays it’s only because he’s got some experience on a relatively young Offense or because someone else is really playing poorly.

The thread your in is the 53 roster.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playing the IR game with someone, I assume Wicks or Tenuta....and soon a long snapper will be added back, rumor is Orzech is the guy.

Key takeaways...only 2 QBs with the quarterback rule makes sense. THREE UDFAs make it - Emmanuel Wilson, Brenton Cox, Malik Heath. All of our 2023 draftees are on the roster except 7th round picks Lew Nichols and Grant DuBose

QB
Jordan Love -
Sean Clifford - Drafted

RB
Aaron Jones -
AJ Dillon -
Emanuel Wilson - Signed 5/22/23 UDFA

WR
Samori Toure -
Romeo Doubs -
Christian Watson -

Jayden Reed - Drafted
Dontayvion Wicks - Drafted
Malik Heath - UDFA

TE
Josiah Deguara -

Lucas Musgrave - Drafted
Tucker Kraft - Drafted

OL
David Bakhtiari -
Elgton Jenkins -
Royce Newman -
Jon Runyan -
Josh Myers -
Sean Rhyan -
Zach Tom -
Rasheed Walker -

Yosh Nijman - tendered
Luke Tenuta - Signed to futures 1/10/23
Caleb Jones - Signed to futures 1/10/23

DT/DE (6)
Kenny Clark -
Tedarrell Slaton -
Devonte Wyatt -
Jonathan Ford -

Colby Wooden - Drafted
Karl Brooks - Drafted

OLB (6)
Preston Smith
Rashan Gary
Kingsley Enagbare
Justin Hollins -

Lukas Van Ness - Drafted
Brenton Cox - UDFA

ILB (5)
Isaiah McDuffie -
DeVondre Campbell -
Quay Walker -
Eric Wilson
-
Tariq Carpenter -

CB (4)
Jaire Alexander -
Rasul Douglas -
Keisean Nixon - Signed 3/15/23
Carrington Valentine - Drafted

*Stokes PUP

S (5)
Darnell Savage -
Rudy Ford - Signed 3/17/23
Dallin Leavitt - Signed 4/4/23
Anthony Johnson Jr - Drafted
Jonathan Owens - Signed FA 5-12-23

Special Teams

Anders Carlson - Drafted
Daniel Whelan - P signed 5/17/23
Tenuta to IR and Orzech elevated.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I like this roster. I do think they'll likely end up with 2 QB's on the practice squad.

Reaction score
I believe he's referring to you making a guess as to him making the roster when this is the "we made it" thread.
Oh I see now! What was I thinking
I’ll just add that he clearly said it was the “Original 53 man” and thus I didn’t want to just be a copy or imitation. I truly wanted my response to be new and fresh to stay on the theme that way :cool:
So it’s his original not my original. I think I got it now thanks

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ll just add that he clearly said it was the “Original 53 man” and thus I didn’t want to just be a copy or imitation. I truly wanted my response to be new and fresh to stay on the theme that way :cool:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Don’t cry, you’ve really tried and that’s the wonderful part.
Admitting you’re lost it is half of the cure Poppa. I’m half way gone and you’re half way behind me! :laugh:

Now if you’d excuse me.. I’d like to practice something I learned from Master Don Rinckles and tune back into sounding like I know what the hell Im talking about. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lol no you worded it as if he wasn’t or may not make it - when it already had is all lol