Tracking the 2023 Green Bay Roster

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Packers signed former Browns RB Kenyan Drake to their PS and released RB James Robinson.

In his 8 NFL seasons, the RB out of Alabama has played in 103 games with 44 starts. He’s compiled 868 carries for 3,866 yards and 33 touchdowns.

Reaction score
a couple of things about Drake.

He’s been very reliable until this season he’s played in 103 of 114 possible contests.

Secondly, he’s well rounded. He’s similar to Jamaal in that he’s been used regularly in the passing game. In 2018 his peak was 53/73 477 receiving yards 5TD. As Comparable Jamal in GB best season was 2019 at 39/45 253 yards 5TD
Drake’s Career receiving 218/299 1655 yards 8TD’s thus he can take a role as a dual purpose RB

In the 6 full seasons since his 2016 Rookie year he’s posted all purpose:
1000+ 3X
800+ 2X

Jamaal Williams by comparison has booked:
1000+ 1X
800+ 1X

The 3rd Round product of Alabama is not a household name, but he’s definitely not a slouch either. He’s a very proven RB.
In the 2022 season he produced 571 yards and 5TD’s in only 12 games and a good, career average 4.5 per carry. Great guy to have going into the colder months for depth

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moves:

Released Kyu Blu Kelly
Signed Thyrick Pitts to practice squad (Pitts undrafted rookie out of Delaware and had a RAS of 8.63
Released LB Austin Ajiake from PS

Kelly vacancy leaves a roster spot open suspected to be for Stokes to return but no confirmation.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Moves:

Released Kyu Blu Kelly
Signed Thyrick Pitts to practice squad (Pitts undrafted rookie out of Delaware and had a RAS of 8.63
Released LB Austin Ajiake from PS

Kelly vacancy leaves a roster spot open suspected to be for Stokes to return but no confirmation.
Hopefully, they will resign James Robinson soon, I know you have been waiting. ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hey. Do you think we might resign Dexter Williams?
I oft worry about Dexter he’s become a real Star. Philadelphia Star :coffee:

Given his stats in the USFL, I think he might have to reach beyond the Stars, to make it back into the NFL.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Telfort is a mountain! Project similar to a Caleb Jones…
Add Tenuta but is there any update on how these guys are progressing? Two years of PS/not active and what? Tenuta was on 53 then IRd wasn't he? One would thing they have shown something to still be around. Why IR Tenuta after the 53 if you didn't plan on him returning? Or was he cut and the memo got lost?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Toure to IR, Melton to the 53. Safety Tyler Coyle takes Melton's PS spot. Appears Toure expendable'd (new, made up word!) himself with the ST fumble & now will need to battle for a '24 roster spot.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Toure to IR, Melton to the 53. Safety Tyler Coyle takes Melton's PS spot. Appears Toure expendable'd (new, made up word!) himself with the ST fumble & now will need to battle for a '24 roster spot.
What injury does Toure have? Broken feelings aren't a valid IR cause AFAIK.

games

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What injury does Toure have? Broken feelings aren't a valid IR cause AFAIK.
It's a "Belichick" IR move. Player you want to keep around.

He got thrown into punt return duty, and we knew in preseason he's not a PR guy.

From scrimmage, while Toure has been passed up by the other WRs, he still has value as a security blanket for Love. Also, seems to be a "team first" guy who didn't complain and said all the right things a couple of weeks ago when he was WR4.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I just did a quick rundown of players that the Packers "let go of" prior to the 2023 season. I won't cover Aaron Rodgers, but for the most part, Gute made very smart decisions with the guys that he decided were not worth resigning for 2023.

Isn't a complete list, but the recognizable names.

LB Krys Barnes: Cardinals, pedestrian numbers

DL Dean Lowry: Vikings, 14 combined tackles, zero sacks

WR Allen Lazard: Jets, 23 catches, 311 yds, 1 TD

WR Randall Cobb: Jets, Time for RC to retire? 5 catches, 39 yds, 1 TD

DL Jarran Reed: Seahawks, Similar to Packer #'s, but 7 sacks

TE Robert Tonyan: Bears, 11/17 catches for 112 yds. 0 TD's

TE Marcedes Lewis: Bears, 4 catches, 29 yds, 1 TD

S Adrian Amos: Jets->Texans, pedestrian numbers

K Mason Crosby: Giants, played 3 games, 5 of 7 on FG's and 6 of 7 on XP's

Still scratching my head on the in-season trade of Rasul Douglas. Did Rasul want out and Gute figured he was gone after 2023?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just did a quick rundown of players that the Packers "let go of" prior to the 2023 season. I won't cover Aaron Rodgers, but for the most part, Gute made very smart decisions with the guys that he decided were not worth resigning for 2023.

Isn't a complete list, but the recognizable names.

LB Krys Barnes: Cardinals, pedestrian numbers

DL Dean Lowry: Vikings, 14 combined tackles, zero sacks

WR Allen Lazard: Jets, 23 catches, 311 yds, 1 TD

WR Randall Cobb: Jets, Time for RC to retire? 5 catches, 39 yds, 1 TD

DL Jarran Reed: Seahawks, Similar to Packer #'s, but 7 sacks

TE Robert Tonyan: Bears, 11/17 catches for 112 yds. 0 TD's

TE Marcedes Lewis: Bears, 4 catches, 29 yds, 1 TD

S Adrian Amos: Jets->Texans, pedestrian numbers

K Mason Crosby: Giants, played 3 games, 5 of 7 on FG's and 6 of 7 on XP's

Still scratching my head on the in-season trade of Rasul Douglas. Did Rasul want out and Gute figured he was gone after 2023?
I cannot figure that one out. Did he think we were done for the season? Was he fooled into thinking Stokes would be back? What he did do is give some bench warmers dying to get on the field a chance to play.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Rasul trade is one I also struggle to wrap head around fully....I mean high value return for a street addition in the past essentially but still.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Rasul trade is one I also struggle to wrap head around fully....I mean high value return for a street addition in the past essentially but still.
I think this trade might be one Gute would like a mulligan on, using hindsight. Unless of course, he felt there wasn't a good shot at making the playoffs, nor was there a shot at resigning Douglas for 2024. A third rounder from the Bills (for our 5th and Douglas) appears to be a steal for Da Bills. Also, it should be pointed out, it wasn't like Rasul was struggling in GB, he was a decent starter.

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cannot figure that one out. Did he think we were done for the season? Was he fooled into thinking Stokes would be back? What he did do is give some bench warmers dying to get on the field a chance to play.
I truly believe he thought we were kinda done for the season. And, quite frankly, so did I at that point in time.

Latest posts