Swain should get a shot at PR

Schmitty327

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see Bret Swain get a shot at returning punts. The guy has a good burst and I dont like see such a valuable player of ours back there with a big target on him. I think Swain would do a good job if given the chance agreed?

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Better yet GBP.. we could have MASON CROSBY return them!!! More stage time for your boy, right?! :p

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah but what if he got hurt?

That would break my heart, at least kicking FG's extra points and kicking off, there aint much chance of injury :)

I recall the :chisux: team of the early 70's sending 2-3 "blockers" after Chester Marcol on each kickoff with that intent. He would literally kick off and make a beeline to the sidelines chased by the opposition.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not a fan, if this kid could do that, I would have expected him to be returning punts a few years ago, I don't think he has the ability and the nerves to catch that in traffic, I've never even seen him do it in preseason...and we have a very low stock of returners compared to everyone else, so if he had the ability he probably would have had the opportunity a while ago, I have ZERO faith in him doing that...so pleast MM, don't do it

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do we even know if he can catch a punt? To bad shields cant catch a punt. The question I have is why is shields not a KR?

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Swain tweaked his knee in the pre-season badly from what I recall and lost a lot of his speed. I don't think they want to throw him in the PR position because of it, plus Tramon is doing fine catching it and not fumbling. *knock on wood*