So many Debbie Downers around here.

D

Dan115

In 2008 the Chargers were 4-8 after week 12. They went on to win the wildcard game 23-17 in vs Indy and Peyton Manning. It kind of goes to show what you are wishing for is possible. It is just so extremely unlikely.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The players are not wishing. Men battling men.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last I checked, every Packers game has been sold out since 1960. I guess that means there were a lot of us misguided homers during the 70's and 80's. ;)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

I don't understand what that has to do with my post.

OP
OP
Zartan

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
In 2008 the Chargers were 4-8 after week 12. They went on to win the wildcard game 23-17 in vs Indy and Peyton Manning. It kind of goes to show what you are wishing for is possible. It is just so extremely unlikely.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Packers need to win out and Lions need to lose at least 2 games. Lions last 4 games are against.

Eagles,Ravens,Giants and Vikings. Eagles and Ravens will be very hard. Both of them are fighting for Playoff spots.

D

Dan115

Packers need to win out and Lions need to lose at least 2 games. Lions last 4 games are against.

Eagles,Ravens,Giants and Vikings. Eagles and Ravens will be very hard. Both of them are fighting for Playoff spots.

There is still life.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its not a particularly tough schedule, but it isn't easy either. The next two are the toughest.

Frankly, tomorrow's Eagle/Lion game
is as big as ours to me. If Detroit doesn't lose in Philly, I doubt they'll drop 2 out of their last 3.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Maybe you should just forfeit or surrender

When you need other teams to lose, you can fight all you want, there are circumstances at this point that are beyond our control.

And I invite you please to refute any of my previous predictions of outcomes of game against those teams. We can't even beat the fuking Vikings. How do you propose we beat 3 of the best teams in the NFL? Even assuming Rodgers comes back, who knows if he'll be 100%? Plus we still won't have Cobb or Finley and our secondary can't cover or tackle.

I don't believe in miracles or the stars aligning. I believe in logic and playing the odds. And logic says we don't stand a chance.

Last edited:

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Of course there is a chance but does anybody honestly see us beating Carolina or New Orleans and Seattle on the road? Because that's what we'll have to do.

Call me whatever, there's no reason to do anything now but look at Mock Drafts
Yes, yes I do honestly see us beating those teams. Hey what if THEIR QB goes down? Besides, the ball is shaped funny and crazy stuff happens. Yep, I'm believing and it's no fun if you don't. Have fun expecting a failed season.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
The last I checked, every Packers game has been sold out since 1960. I guess that means there were a lot of us misguided homers during the 70's and 80's. ;)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
Actually that's not true. They didn't sell out in Milwaukee a few times.

D

Dan115

When you need other teams to lose, you can fight all you want, there are circumstances at this point that are beyond our control.

And I invite you please to refute any of my previous predictions of outcomes of game against those teams. We can't even beat the fuking Vikings. How do you propose we beat 3 of the best teams in the NFL? Even assuming Rodgers comes back, who knows if he'll be 100%? Plus we still won't have Cobb or Finley and our secondary can't cover or tackle.

I don't believe in miracles or the stars aligning. I believe in logic and playing the odds. And logic says we don't stand a chance.

LOL give up. Why even show up. Forfeit. lol

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL give up. Why even show up. Forfeit. lol
Your probably half joking.

But I wonder if an NFL team can really do that or are there rules in place that prevent teams from forfeiting.
I mean, after all, Roger Goodell and other rich NFL fat cats do need yet another fancy new car and another diamond ring for the trophy wife. :rolleyes:

D

Dan115

LOL have you ever been in impossible situations? DO NOT GIVE UP. I have been handcuffed and taken away twice in 2010. The FBI has been investigating me for 3 1/2 years now. I now live in Thailand and have 3 wives. JUst keep on truckin never never never GIVE UP HOPE!!!

D

Dan115

Your probably half joking.

But I wonder if an NFL team can really do that or are there rules in place that prevent teams from forfeiting.
I mean, after all, Roger Goodell and other rich NFL fat cats do need yet another fancy new car and another diamond ring for the trophy wife. :rolleyes:

Paying fans would go through the roof. NFL front office would not take that from any organization. I do think some players do give up though and just go through the motions. I certainly hope the Packers do not give up.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Deal is, at the beginning of the season, we're only given 16 "for sure" games. I'm not about to waste any of that 4 months pissing and moaning and looking for a silo to jump off of in utter Packerfan desperation.

Logic in this sense has nothing to do with "the game" in the first place. "Playing the odds..." has nothing to do with "the game" neither. If it did ... 2010 and the ensuing playoff run was the most illogical happenstance I've ever witnessed. In any event, I'm not about to get into a pi$$ing match with anyone wanting to cash in the season -- all I will say is that Jupiter can indeed align with Mars, Southpaw ... it's already happened. Lightning striking twice? It's happened. Uphill battle...you betcha.

The best advice I can give to the young guys here and in the 'chat' who have blown gaskets weekly is to not watch the game if it's going to make your head blow up. My boss and I share a coaching background sort of ... though neither at a high level - he coached high school basketball, I coached grade school football, we are complete opposites. He stopped watching the games due to the "exploding head syndrome". He tuned in on Thanksgiving and ruined the family room carpeting with splattered brain matter (speaking figuratively here guys) and will once again find something to do out in the garage for 3 hours. Even though he is a friend of mine, I tell him point blank that fans with psychological makeups like his are all too willing to tell you what's wrong and who is to blame. In summation, when you're given only 16 kicks at the cat in a season, that type of built-up angst and anger will only accomplish one thing -- make for a miserable life. Anyway ... some folks need to check out whatever is on FX, Spike or Hallmark...or...CBS usually has some sort of NFL offering where there is no emotional investment.

Anyway, bring on the game. Go Pack! Our guys may be a steaming pile of dog crap right now -- but they're OUR steaming pile of dog crap. :)

D

Dan115

Deal is, at the beginning of the season, we're only given 16 "for sure" games. I'm not about to waste any of that 4 months pissing and moaning and looking for a silo to jump off of in utter Packerfan desperation.

Logic in this sense has nothing to do with "the game" in the first place. "Playing the odds..." has nothing to do with "the game" neither. If it did ... 2010 and the ensuing playoff run was the most illogical happenstance I've ever witnessed. In any event, I'm not about to get into a pi$$ing match with anyone wanting to cash in the season -- all I will say is that Jupiter can indeed align with Mars, Southpaw ... it's already happened. Lightning striking twice? It's happened. Uphill battle...you betcha.

The best advice I can give to the young guys here and in the 'chat' who have blown gaskets weekly is to not watch the game if it's going to make your head blow up. My boss and I share a coaching background sort of ... though neither at a high level - he coached high school basketball, I coached grade school football, we are complete opposites. He stopped watching the games due to the "exploding head syndrome". He tuned in on Thanksgiving and ruined the family room carpeting with splattered brain matter (speaking figuratively here guys) and will once again find something to do out in the garage for 3 hours. Even though he is a friend of mine, I tell him point blank that fans with psychological makeups like his are all too willing to tell you what's wrong and who is to blame. In summation, when you're given only 16 kicks at the cat in a season, that type of built-up angst and anger will only accomplish one thing -- make for a miserable life. Anyway ... some folks need to check out whatever is on FX, Spike or Hallmark...or...CBS usually has some sort of NFL offering where there is no emotional investment.

Anyway, bring on the game. Go Pack! Our guys may be a steaming pile of dog crap right now -- but they're OUR steaming pile of dog crap. :)

BIG HAND SALUTE TO YOU!!!! YOU NAILED IT.

bubba

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like your optimism but you need to look at reality. This isn't just one or two games of pathetic football its been everygame Rodgers has missed. The offense is offensive the defense is defenseless. That's why people are down. You cant tell me we couldn't win 1 game out of the past 5 against less than stellar opponents. Something besides Rodgers is terribly wrong with this team right now.

D

Dan115

Whoops there goes another rubber tree plant. But I've got high hopes. High apple pie in the sky hopes.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gettin a W is so high up on the priority list right now. I would just like to see a simple tackle executed a few times today.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I understand why people are down ... I sat in Lambeau when THIS was par-for-the-course -- well, actually not as bad as some of the horse-crap I saw last Thursday ... but you know what? Some of the crap I've read here lately sounds exactly like the crap I heard first-hand for the entirety of 2 seasons after Wolf/Holmgren took over - the loudest screamers are usually the least informed or experienced. When the Pack lost the NFC Championship game to the Cowbags following the '95 season, this is arguably when the bandwagon filled up exponentially, the 'base' changed dramatically as well. It was suddenly fashionable to be a Packers fan -- I'm sort of hoping that those who don't recognize this for what it is, will find someone else to 'root' for. Just my opinion and my opinion in general, when combined with a bus token, won't get you across town.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but everytime I see the title of this thread now, my sick twisted mind keeps seeing heads exploding all over living room carpets. :eek::roflmao: