So many Debbie Downers around here.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Clay playing for our dismal D. Maybe Aaron's back, maybe he isn't. (Bill Michaels of 1250 WSSP posted a question about 'is Rodgers really back if he haven't heard the words 'medically cleared'?) No Cobb more than likely. Eddie's banged up, though he will play. Though Quarless has done admirably, he's no Finley. O-Line is below average at best. It's gonna be a slugfest, so we have a shot. Even if we get into the playoffs, who do we get? New Orleans? Yeah that's sure a winnable game! Said it before, I'll say it here. Ted needs a playoff win this year, or it's over for him. Matter of fact as good of a job as McCarthy has done, it wouldn't surprise me if Murphy was the only one left standing after the season, though I'd give McCarthy another year with a GM that hasn't lost the "it" factor.

Here's my one real concern though. Flynn's been playing and winning some...SHOULD Aaron with what 8 weeks off and rusty be playing? Might we be better with Flynn? We don't know if we're getting the Aaron we're used to, or the kid that we had through the '09 season.

I'd love to be wrong on everything for several reasons, but I really don't see it happening.

Firing a GM that could win 3 straight division titles? some expectations you have

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Clay playing for our dismal D. Maybe Aaron's back, maybe he isn't. (Bill Michaels of 1250 WSSP posted a question about 'is Rodgers really back if he haven't heard the words 'medically cleared'?) No Cobb more than likely. Eddie's banged up, though he will play. Though Quarless has done admirably, he's no Finley. O-Line is below average at best. It's gonna be a slugfest, so we have a shot. Even if we get into the playoffs, who do we get? New Orleans? Yeah that's sure a winnable game! Said it before, I'll say it here. Ted needs a playoff win this year, or it's over for him. Matter of fact as good of a job as McCarthy has done, it wouldn't surprise me if Murphy was the only one left standing after the season, though I'd give McCarthy another year with a GM that hasn't lost the "it" factor.

Here's my one real concern though. Flynn's been playing and winning some...SHOULD Aaron with what 8 weeks off and rusty be playing? Might we be better with Flynn? We don't know if we're getting the Aaron we're used to, or the kid that we had through the '09 season.

I'd love to be wrong on everything for several reasons, but I really don't see it happening.

TT and MM's jobs are nowhere near in jeopardy. You might not like what they've been doing, but the Packers are smart enough to not let two good ones go based on a poor half a season due to not having their QB.

Also, you're concerned that Rodgers is back and doubt whether he should be playing? He's Aaron Rodgers, IMO the best QB in the league. Of course he plays without a doubt.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Maybe Aaron's back, maybe he isn't. … Ted needs a playoff win this year, or it's over for him. …Flynn's been playing and winning some...SHOULD Aaron with what 8 weeks off and rusty be playing? Might we be better with Flynn? We don't know if we're getting the Aaron we're used to, or the kid that we had through the '09 season.
So McCarthy announces to the NFL world that Rodgers is playing but he really isn’t? Sure, that makes perfect sense. What makes you believe Thompson’s job is in jeopardy? Just because you want to see him fired? And even though Rodgers can play, you think the Packers might be better with Flynn at QB? Good Lord.

BTW, the Rodgers of 2009 completed almost 65% of his passes for 4,434 yards (more than in the Super Bowl winning season), for 30 TDs (more than in 2010), 7 INTs (fewer than in 2010) for a passer rating of 103.2 (higher than in 2010). I think that “kid” would do a great job tomorrow.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatthehellsgoinonouthere said:
Even if we get into the playoffs, who do we get? New Orleans? Yeah that's sure a winnable game!

Here's my one real concern though. Flynn's been playing and winning some...SHOULD Aaron with what 8 weeks off and rusty be playing? Might we be better with Flynn?
New Orleans in Green Bay on the road? I'll take the Packers in that matchup no question about it...Saints are not good on the road.

As for your last comment.....wow...just wow...don't think words can really describe...

Last edited:
D

Dan115

You moved to USA from Europe?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts