Slocum

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure this is a rant thread and just as this game ends I am livid. The Packers ST has been a joke for years now, as long as I can remember and I am going to attribute it to our elite ST coach Shawn Slocum. Sure the defense couldn't stop the last drive to get into FG range, but either way you look at it, face mask included or not, ST just suck. Maybe emotions are getting the better of me, maybe it's the obnoxious luck of the Falcons and maybe its the no catch on 4th down in the first half, but ST sucks and Slocum needs to be shown the door because I think Packer fans worldwide are sick of seeing the end of games blown because we can't stop them on a kickoff or keep them from getting great field position.

This is going to taste bitter for a week and the Eagles gotta win this weekend.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Yeah, ST have been our weakest link for a long time now. Not sure why Slocum still has a job. Must have naked pictures of someone...

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
ST is such ****. Honestly, the least clutch thing about this team.

To all those ***** who say ARod is not clutch...how did the game even stay that close?

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, Slocum sucks!

Slocum was the assistant to Mike Stock who retired instead of being **** canned a few years back. The Packers then promoted Slocum to ST Coach.

The assistant to a terrible ST Coach is a complete failure?
Wow! Big suprise there!

I thought for sure he would have been fired after last year. And here we are again.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ST cost us the game quite simply.

It's not that bad, however, to fire the guy right now. There would be no time to implent a whole new ST.

But at season's end, he has to go.

A

aldis

am i missing something here? i do not see him on IR so where is he?????? could have used him sheesh!

only 1 play i can remember we need a bull to get through that type of D line and ST sucks off with slocum's head i say!

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its the players that play on our special teams that suck. If we bring in another coach the STs are still going to suck if we don't put better players on STs.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Its the players that play on our special teams that suck. If we bring in another coach the STs are still going to suck if we don't put better players on STs.

I disagree. ST certainly require talent, but good performance relies heavily on excellent organization and sound tactics. These are the deliverables of the ST coach.

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree. ST certainly require talent, but good performance relies heavily on excellent organization and sound tactics. These are the deliverables of the ST coach.
The ST tactics aren't that difficult. Stay in your lane on kickoff coverage. block for a few seconds then go on punt coverage. and so on. Its guys like Brett Swain and others that make our Special teams bad. Did you see in the Atlanta game when he let up and let the guy run by him? That just bad play.