1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Skip Bayless on Rodgers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Mr. StyleZ, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +585 / 13 / -0
    Hey I just wanted to let you know that Dave tollefson gave the belt yesterday! I'll get a screenshot for you and post it when/if I find it!

Edit: Got 1! Picture's below!
  2. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +585 / 13 / -0
  3. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +585 / 13 / -0
    Update: On first take Skip gave it a 6 of 10. He said Rodgers was "sensational" but he said he needs to see him down 4 with 2:00 minutes left still. He said that he lowered the score because he thought the first pass to Jermichael Finley should have been picked or tipped.
  4. Greenbayphil

Greenbayphil Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +125 / 2 / -0
    What an absolute Moron.
    How did this guy get a job?
    Even more, how has he been able to sustain his job???
  5. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +442 / 3 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    You heard of "Shock Jocks" on the radio?

Skip is ESPN's TV version. He really can't be as stupid as the positions he takes, and still draw a paycheck like he's probably getting.
  6. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +425 / 33 / -31
    Packer Fan Since:

Because people watch him. People talk about him---good or bad. He is all about shock and awe.
  7. cheesehurdler

cheesehurdler Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:

Great idea! I can come up with some excuses...

Destruction of the Berlin Wall: Reagan and Gorbachev took credit for the Soviet Union running themselves into the ground in the 80s. Reagan wasn't even president when they tore it down! What an arrogant, spoiled brat! Give Tebow a sledgehammer, he would've torn it down AGES ago!

The Moon Landing in 1969: The landing took too long. Why would it take 10 years to just land on some dumb moon? If they did it under 2 minutes down 4 to the Soviet Union, then I can elevate John Kennedy above Tom Brady.

The Declaration of Independence: Our founding fathers did it in a secret, secluded area. They should've done it in the midst of war, with explosions and gunshots in the background, like Brees would've done! That's CLUTCH!

The Battle of Thermopylae: The Greek Spartans did kill a good deal of Persians, and having an army of 4,000 to go against 300,000 soldiers takes guts, but the Spartans lost! King Leonidas choked under pressure! Who would you rather have commanding an army, King Leonidas or Peyton Manning?
    • Like Like x 2
  8. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +476 / 6 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Steven A Smith owned him... hahaha
  9. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
    Ratings:
    +154 / 1 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:

Way to call it, he wasn't down by 4! Clearly just an average QB
  10. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +930 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    OK, I sitting here watching Skip because you guys have been talking about him. He really is a part of the end that went over the fence last.
  11. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31 / 1 / -0
    You guys talking about him and listening to him are exactly why he has a job. You think he actually believes what he says? If you do, you're really kidding yourself. He's paid to make these comments and pretend like he seriously believes them. he doesn't not, and he makes probably seven digits. He wins at life.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +425 / 33 / -31
    Packer Fan Since:

He is laughing all the way to the bank.
  13. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963 / 25 / -9
    Seriously, guys, who gives two sh*ts about Skippy and his nonsensical opinions? WE know he's a moron, HE know's he's a moron and his co-workers know he's a moron. Really, what more needs to be said at this point? The turd simply isn't worth the attention.
  14. Mississippi

Mississippi Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Pardon my French, but Skip Bayless is a douchebag. Is it any surprise then that his opinions are crap?
  15. GeeDogWarrior

GeeDogWarrior 0 - 0

Ratings:
    +139 / 2 / -1
    (Genghis Khan conquering a majority of the world)
    Skip: "... I'm not impressed at all."
    StephanASmith: "...(yells alot) ...but skip, he did conquer the known world, he blew out a ton of armies in battle!"
    Skip: "But I've never seen him do it when down by 4 in the 4th quarter! ... He's not clutch!"

Or whenever he defends a goof...

(richard nixon during watergate)
    Skip: "...It's not his fault, if his guys weren't caught, listen to me! ...Richard Nixon has a clutch gene!"
    ugh.
  16. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445 / 15 / -5
    Haha, I love Skip and you guys should know why. BTW, it's not the genius in Skip as it is in the genius behind him.
    Signature win? Every danged win this season. ARod doesn't have 4th qtr comebacks because he sizzles them in the 3rd. Think if you're an opposing team and you give up a touchdown before the half and then surrender one at the open of the 3rd. It's demoralizing. He's so devastating to teams that only the finest in football can hang all 4 qtrs.
    You are all Packer fans.... let me ask you this. If you were down 4 with 2 minutes left who'd you want as your QB? I"d love to see what the entire NFL fanbase has to say.
    I think they'd say Skip Clueless doesn't know crap and is screaming for ratings. He's winning.
    In any argument, and make no mistake that's what Skip does, you have to have a reliable premise. Skip takes advantage of the fact that football and basketball and baseball are all team sports. You'll never see him argue a position on golf because there are no variables.
    I really don't need Skip's opinion to validate what I"ve seen this entire year. Fook the guy!
  17. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    Of all NFL QBs? Cleary Tebow. He just wins games all by himself and even kicks FGs now for the Broncos I hear as well as cooking team dinners on the side. Or Eli since he throws passes that land on guys helmets.

Okay so we are talking big game then in my mind. Postseason game likely. 2 minutes until the game is over and you are behind 4.

Okay honestly I would choose Aaron. I think he has the best chance too to avoid being sacked in those situations with his mobility and he is deadly accurate and has the best arm IMO.

You know who I would actually take second? Yeah I am gonna say it. Ben. He is great at pulling **** out of his rear at times and improvising but I would not trust his accuracy nearly as much as
    Aaron but the dude is a load at times to bring down.

I actually would not take Brady or Peyton in that situation unless it was just to get in FG range maybe. I have 100% trust in a guy like Vinatieri to hit almost any FG in the clutch though. Brady made a killing getting in FG range for Adam for years. Manning learned with glee in 2006 that it was a good deal as well.

JMO of course.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. DevilDon

Ratings:
    +445 / 15 / -5
    Your opinion of course. we're talking about best chance to win, forget about kicker, omg Jules, how many situations you wanna run through?
    All other team players being equal and I will aver that the kicker is the same too. WHich QB has your vote, don't be squeamish, I can take the hit.
    You're a little bit of a vascillator aren't you? lol.
    Can I get a straight answer? You're not exactly on record as a professional NFL predictor.
  19. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754 / 9 / -0
    lol who do you think I would take? There are a few you could take and have trust in who are currently playing. I am not sure there is a wrong answer for several QBs. Pats fans would take Brady. Saints fans go with Brees. Steelers fans will go with Ben. I am sure most Packers fans will put their faith in Rodgers.

I think the thing with Aaron is that not many may take him in that situation based on a lack of experience. I do think he can get the job done though and has the skills/coolness for it. And hey, it may happen this postseason. ;) Come on we all know it might be coming. Aaron's big drive in the playoffs......:p Makes it easier on the blood pressure though if it's just to get in FG range with two minutes left in a big game. TD.....oh boy. Big boy stuff. :) But, yes Aaron can do it. He may have to as well sometime. Hey he can get in FG range in 58 seconds. Whats 2 minutes for one TD. Heh.

I am going to put my trust in Rodgers for current active QBs. So there is your answer and I am serious!!!!

Come from behind victories are what the media adores and hypes up a lot. Can be overrated. The Pack often do their job and are not in big holes in the end. Of course if the situation calls for it in a big game I would have full trust in Rodgers to get it done. And you never know, sometimes in a big game and an evenly matched contest it is needed.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +930 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    This cracks me up. When are these hot shots going to learn to wait until the end of the game when they are winning to mock the belt? Doing it any time before that, then going home a loser, makes them look like a fool.
  21. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +585 / 13 / -0
    Rodgers says he likes it because "Imitation is the biggest form of flattery".
  22. Vinniemack84

Vinniemack84 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Tebow baby! LOL, I can't not love the guy...he is too great a story.
  23. DevilDon

Ratings:
    +445 / 15 / -5
    So in a round-about way you would pick Aaron Rodgers right? Good enough. I agree with what you say about other fans, I do however find it difficult to believe anybody would pick Big Ben over Aaron unless you're delusional.
    BTW Jules, I didn't ask for a list of top 5, I asked which single player you'd take so thanks. Also your opinion on the experience factor rings hollow for me. Packers were the newbies last Super Bowl, remember? They had an experience deficiency last year. SEe how that turned out?
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Gmcman22

Gmcman22 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Skip looks like an idiot most times... that and he wears so much makeup that his head looks like it is going to pop at any given point.

Long story short... he's paid to be a sensationalist. Radical viewpoints that aren't easily defended to get others riled up about whatever they are talking about.

Oh yeah by the way... Skip being "Clutch" is a way of saying you can bail yourself out of a bad game by pulling it off in the end. If you perform at such a high level as Rodgers, you have no need for "clutch".
  25. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,544 / 76 / -14
    Packer Fan Since:
    wow..4 pages just for Skip?