Skip Bayless on Rodgers

LOLions

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember back in the day he used to say Romo was a better QB than Rodgers. He probably still thinks that.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skip is like a WWF character. Everyone knows he is full of crap and yet we all keep talking about him.

I recall him being adament that A. Haynesworth was the best FA pick up of the offseason.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I have no respect for anyone who advances ideas he or she doesn’t believe to gain attention. What does that lead to? The more outrageous and idiotic the idea the more popular the person advancing it?
Skip's gift is to argue a fallacy with sound reasoning. He's right that Rodgers hasn't shown any final drive, come-from-behind, heroics this year. He's right that he doesn't have a "signature" performance (I suppose...) He's right that Aaron hasn't had to put the team on his back and win any games all on his own. You want to argue with him all day about his conclusion and all he does is keeps steering the conversation back to his premises.
I’m very surprised to see a Packers fan post this. Aaron Rodgers doesn’t have a “signature” performance? Are you kidding me??!! That is true only in the sense that he doesn’t have just one.

Super Bowl XLV. The Steelers had grabbed the momentum in the second half, helped by the absence of Driver, the injury to Shields and mostly because of the absence of Woodson. That, and the fact those Steelers were a damn good team. There’s under six minutes left in the game and the Steelers had just scored to cut an 18-point lead to 3 and the Packers had the ball at their own 25 yard line, third and ten. In the huddle Rodgers calmed his teammates and then made the signature play in the biggest game. How can a Packers fan not think Super Bowl XLV, against that year's number one defense in points allowed, was the signature win of Aaron Charles Rodgers? Of course it wasn’t just one throw. Look at the perfect touch on the first TD pass of the game, reminiscent of Bart Starr going back to pass on third and one. Look at the tiny window through which Rodgers completed the TD pass to Jennings. And look again at the tiniest of windows Rodgers fit that pass to Jennings through on the crucial, signature play of the game. You need other signature wins? Go back and look at Rodgers’ performance at Atlanta in the playoffs. Right now, today, Rodgers has the highest QB career rating ever. Right now, today, Rodgers has the highest career QB rating in the playoffs. The player most responsible for the current 17-game winning streak, the longest in the history of the most storied NFL franchise, is Aaron Rodgers. Can any sane fan of any team honestly disagree? But no signature wins? That’s ridiculous on its face.

And why is it that Rodgers “hasn't shown any final drive, come-from-behind, heroics this year”? Because the Packers HAVE NEVER TRAILED IN THE FOURTH QUARTER. And which player is mostly responsible for that? That premise is wrong because it ignores the fact Rodgers hasn’t ever faced the situation to which he’s accused of not rising. And he is the one most responsible for not having to face that bad situation. No, shame on you bozz, you should know better. Bayless has you believing his premises are correct but his conclusions are wrong. Bayless is completely wrong on both. If I were judge and jury I would sentence you to re-watching Super Bowl XLV, the playoff game at Atlanta and several other Packers games since December 19, 2010. Pay attention to all the times Rodgers ‘throws receivers open’. Pay attention to his stats and the number of times receivers dropped balls that hit their hands.

Take notes and report back. That should be your penance. And promise never to commit this offense again!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't get through half the video before Skip's mental retardation started to seep in. I feel dumber for having given this even 5 minutes of my time.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stop falling for the trap. He is paid to simply take an absurd yet passionate take on certain topics for ratings. It is unwatchable and has been for years. ESPN is good for games and the 30 for 30 series......other than that it is a giant pile of crap these days.

couldnt agree more

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Skip's definition of "signature performance" is one where the QB puts the rest of the team on his back and more-less wins the game completely by himself. Of course Rodgers hasn't done that because he's on a great team with a ton of great players who all hold each other accountable to perform at an elite level every single week. Skip uses that against him. I was going by what Skip argues, not what I (and the rest of the world) know about rodgers.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with you 100% on this. You don't have to convince me. I was just laying out Skip's method. By his definition (which is completely ridiculous) Rodgers doesn't have a signature performance. And the more upset you get trying to convince him that he does, the more Skip achieves his goal. He's not trying to convince you that he's right. He's trying to get under your skin.

And I must have done a good job at laying it out, too. Cuz you came after me the same way the guys on the show did. And he just sits there with that smug, satisfied smile on his face, knowing that he succeeded in pissing the other guy off. The best antidote for Skip is to completely ignore him.

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
It's formulated programing that mindlessly goes round and round like a dog chasing its tail. That's rough enough. What makes it brutal to watch is the number of ****-ysts pooping out their so called expertise. Do I need four to six dudes feeding me soundbites, especially during pregame shows? Heck no!!! The dagger is Skip's feminine mouth drop. In general terms, guys don't hold their mouth wide open during conversation unless they get stabbed or something.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
So according to Skip a QB has to **** the bed for the first 3 quarters then lead his team to victory in the 4th to be a great QB. Okay, Skip.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Here are the words you used, bozz. Not Bayless, you:
He's right that Rodgers hasn't shown any final drive, come-from-behind, heroics this year. He's right that he doesn't have a "signature" performance…
You parroted Bayless’ point about come-from-behind wins without correcting him and you continue to agree Rodgers doesn’t have any signature wins. You agreed Bayless’ premises were correct. I came after you because you bolstered Bayless’ idiotic points. Even if you, for some reason, can’t admit it.

And BTW, that’s one of the problems with people like Bayless: If you tell a lie long and loud enough, some people will start to believe it.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He doesn't have any 4th quarter come from behind wins. And he doesn't have what Skip defines (entire team on his back) performance. I'm on your side. Trust me. I was laying out Skip's method. I do not agree with him. I obviously wasnt clear enough on what I was tryin to do in that post. Sorry about that.

My aim was to show that his points have nothing to do with his conclusion, and therefore he never adds anything more than an easy foil. Which is exactly what he's trying to do. The only power he has is the power we give him. The more we react, the more power you give him. So I just dismiss him. I don't listen to him because I know what he's doing and I don't care for it. And look what happens here. I jump in to illuminate a few things and I'm jumped. I feel like I need a shower now. Which is why I ignore him in the first place. And I see now that I made a mistake not ignoring him this time, too.

L

Lunchboxer

Skip you got nothing on rodgers now. He led that team to march up field of a GW Field Goal.

Skip quit your day job...

Marem19

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"That game was tied! Rodgers didn't kick it, Crosby did! Crosby isn't an arrogant punk like Rodgers!"

I can hear it on First Take right now...
You took the words right out of my mouth. As soon I was thinking skip was just gonna say oh it was tied he had OT to fall back on.

But honestly i don't think he believes the stuff hes taking he is just doing it to kick stuff up so everybody doesn't agree.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually the drive wasn't that impressive because there was still time on the clock when it started. That may be his new angle.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts